Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whos gonna win?

The Pats or the Panthers?

The Panthers somehow have got this far, (when was the last time they were in the final?) and have been underestiamted by most. But can they topple the Pats?

I'm going for the Pats.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
You english people like to watch American football.:confused: Is it popular over there , Balis?

·
International
6,724 Posts
end3r7 said:
No offense, but for the good of entertainment I was hoping for some other teams to go to the super bowl...
You can watch the Lingerie Bowl at halftime ;)

I'm going for the Pats too, even though this Panthers team reminds me of the 2001 Patriots.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I really wish either the Colts or the Packers made it to the Super Bowl. Primarily because I'm a Packers fan:D

Still, would have been nice to see a team that plays offence actually get to the Superbowl as these defensive teams are a little boring for me if not anyone else.

Well, hope Peyton Manning gets there next year

As for this year, well the similarities between Panthers & the '01 Pats are startling, as I read an article on it earlier this week. Can't for the life of me remember it though:D

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The popularity of the NFL in the UK is somewhat underrated I think, in the few people in my office here, there are 3 who watch the games and another 2 who look at the results. Out of say 15 people.

I got into a cab in Scotland the other week, and the taxi driver started talking to me about the NFL!

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
In Norway, American Football is not shown on TV very often. Although, the majority of the last ten Superbowls have been shown on TV. Luckily for me it is being shown again this year. I guess I will be cheering for the Patriots, as I cheered for them last time they won. Apart from that, I don't really have much of a relationship with the NFL clubs.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
It has been a great match so far. Two teams that are obviously very strong in defence. The Patriots defensive line, seem almost unbeatable, always outsmarting the Panthers offence. Very disappointing match so far for Jake Delhomme, the Carolina quarterback.

In the history of the Superbowls the lowest scoring half ever was 2-0, and for some time during this match, it seemed as if this match could beat the record, but then finally The Patriots got a well deserved touchdown.

Definetly not a supersnore, it's been a really entertaining first half.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Just when I thought the half was almost over, Carolina scored a incredible touchdown. A great pass by Delhomme who completely redeemed himself, to Steve Smith who had a fantastic run. It's 7-7 now, with 1 minute left of the second quarter.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Another touchdown for the Patriots, the game is on fire now! I still think the Patriots will win it, but at this time it's impossible to know, because both teams are playing well and producing chances.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Great pass by Delhomme with their touchdown indeed. Finally both teams start to losen up! :cool:
And that Vinatieri, what a bad luck huh, missing 4 of those kicks after a row in the same stadium....

Halftime show now....playback in da house!!!!

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

The 4th quarter went EXACTLY as I predicted!!

Only thing which we laughed about what could happen, was that Vinatieri kicked the ball and it would land just before it would go in... :D

What a game, tensed!

·
International
6,724 Posts
Incredible game, came down to a field goal by Vinatieri. 32-29, higher scoring that what most people expected. Credit to the Carolina Panthers and Delhomme, terrific performance.

Tom Brady is the MVP again! :)

Party in the streets of Boston :party:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts