Xtratime Community banner

981 - 993 of 993 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
yes, me too would like PAOK to be the new greek champions.

question: if they top the league , in the end, do they also have to play the PLAY OFF system to becomming champions?
or does the play off only apply for who becomes 2nd & thirth?

also the only reason i now be a fan of PAOK is because my favorite player is their technical director, and i admire players like ivic , vierinha and garcia.

in september i booked a city trip to athens, but i think about moving to tessaloniki as well. buying a shirt of PAOK wouldn't be possible in athens, i guess?

btw :ass: to olympiakos. they knocked my home team standard liège (former conceicao 's team) out of champions league, but thursday we have a chance of revenge against PAO in the uefa cup !

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Purger, have you seen the girls from Athens and then compare them with the girls from Thessaloniki, now that's why Thess is a much better city :D
I actually think that Thess and Athens are quite, well, bad in many ways. I like Ioannina though, that's a nice city, also I like Patras but the city has loads of problems with the issues on how to do with illegal immigrants which is just sad in it's own but that's another story...

This PAOK team has allowed a record least number of goals thus far, its actually amazing. Never thought Fernando Santos' ***** tactics would pay off.
I would rather hail Vryzas for his transfers, they've been spot on and made Santos play like he wants because Santos is by no way a tactical mastermind and he's also quite stubborn. We're not entertaining aswell but now, I rather not even give a F, we're close on kicking these Athenian bastards :excited:

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Purger, have you seen the girls from Athens and then compare them with the girls from Thessaloniki, now that's why Thess is a much better city :D
I actually think that Thess and Athens are quite, well, bad in many ways. I like Ioannina though, that's a nice city, also I like Patras but the city has loads of problems with the issues on how to do with illegal immigrants which is just sad in it's own but that's another story...
No, I haven't been to Greece yet, but for when I do go, my plan was to visit Athens, Crete, Pylos, Nafplion and maybe Rhodes, I guess I will have to add Thessaloniki to the list.:D

What do you think about Heraklion and the other Cretan cities?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
With due respect, PAOK were bad all night long. Aris were the better team and deserved the win 2-0. Its a shame for PAOK. With a win they'd bring the title race down to the wire. Now the Greens have all but done it from the looks of it.

2J6uN4NuEDw

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
wtf happened with sergio conceicao ???
he was your technical director (paok), and quit his job !!

and now all of a sudden, he 's our trainer at standard liège (here in belgium )

why did he quit his job at paok? must 've been a big payed job! tell me

·
Registered
987 Posts
http://www.just-football.com/2010/06/greek-football-mired-in-financial-crisis-as-iraklis-fc-flounder/

Greek football mired in financial crisis as Iraklis FC flounder
2 Jun, 2010 Filippos Europe, Finance, Latest

It was only a few short months ago that the financial problems in Greece started capturing the headlines globally, as mounting national debt and the irresponsible policies of the Greek government threatened the stability of the entire European Union and put the pressure on the Euro. Greece’s near collapse was noticed worldwide, but the growing financial woes plaguing Greek football are not likely to cause such a commotion.

For the first time ever, a Greek team, Iraklis FC faces relegation from the Super League, due to being unable to come to terms with the strict licensing system imposed by UEFA. Since the founding of the First National Division back in 1959 Iraklis have only ever been relegated once, and that was due to a rigging scandal that broke out in 1980.

To elaborate, newly imposed rules stated that every team in the Super League had to submit official documents to prove they were financially solvent (i.e. not owing money to past players and staff). The caretaker board of Iraklis FC failed to provide all the required documents, and subsequently the Greek Federation denied them permission to play in the SuperLeague next season.

In Greece, of course you can never be quite sure of anything. Iraklis still have the right to an appeal and the pressure on the officials is mounting, after a 10,000 strong demonstration took place in the streets of the northern Greek city Thessaloniki. Supporters want the authorities to repeal the decision.

Whilst Iraklis FC have never been considered a “powerhouse” in Greek football (having won only one cup in their history), their potential relegation will open the door for many more possible relegations, as most of the Greek clubs do not cover the licensing terms of UEFA.

However, Iraklis FC are not the only team facing serious financial problems. Panathinaikos, the double-winners of 2010, powered by the likes of Gilberto Silva and Djibril Cisse, are going to follow a strict transfer policy this summer, after an internal search by the auditing firm Deloitte and Touche brought to light the club’s difficult financial situation.

In the next three years, Panathinaikos have to make serious cut-backs in order to avoid reaching a staggering debt of 180 million Euros. The search brought mayhem in the already complicated ownership of the club, as the chairman Nikolaos Pateras, although revered by Panathinaikos fans, decided to resign. At present there is no peaceful solution in sight.

Meanwhile at Olympiakos, after a disastrous season that left them out of the Champions League for the first time in the last 13 years, the chairman since 1992, Sokratis Kokkalis, one of the most powerful businessmen in Greece, announced his intention to sell the team to the highest bidder.

Interest was not so high, as Mr. Kokkalis wanted a bid of more than 60 million Euros plus a commitment to covering the club’s debts of about 20-25 million Euros. The only offer he has received on the table so far was for 20 million Euros, which he rejected. Now, it is reported that Olympiakos will have to balance the budget and renew their aging squad by spending only what they are able to make.

Given that Panathinaikos and Olympiakos are the only teams able to “shake” things up financially in the Super League, next season can be expected to be rather lacklustre. But then again, as with every crisis, new opportunities arise, and in a league that has been won by only three teams in 25 years, change can only mean good things.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
wtf happened with sergio conceicao ???
he was your technical director (paok), and quit his job !!

and now all of a sudden, he 's our trainer at standard liège (here in belgium )

why did he quit his job at paok? must 've been a big payed job! tell me
I've heard alot that he wanted a way too high wage, his failure of bringing Jorge Costa into PAOK and so on. I respect him for what he did but if it was the wages then I understand why PAOK didn't take that, he's not that important and the players he brought in wasn't that good.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I've heard alot that he wanted a way too high wage, his failure of bringing Jorge Costa into PAOK and so on. I respect him for what he did but if it was the wages then I understand why PAOK didn't take that, he's not that important and the players he brought in wasn't that good.
thanks for the information,
but i doubt it was about wages though...

the jorge costa story seemed more true to believe, when sergio was with us at standard liège in 2006, he also brought jorge costa over (only to rescind his contract 6 months later, and hang up his boots).

anyway, did sergio bring any players to PAOK while being your technical manager?
anyway, 2 days ago there was a press conference here, and he was greeted with big media fuzz, as he is a great marketing symbol still nowadays :)

981 - 993 of 993 Posts