Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The season starts today, with Benfica and Sporting playing the Supercup, tonight at 20.45h, GMT +1

The game will take place at the beautiful Algarve Stadium

It's hot, very hot today, and I'm expecting a very exciting game, its a great derby, and even if the teams are still far from what they will be displaying during the season, there's a trophy to win, and both sides will surely give their best to grab it.

I havent seen a single friendly from either team this season, and as usual i dont give them much importance, so i'm quite curious to see how will they perform tonight.

FORÇA BENFICA!! :wee:

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh yeh:D

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Benfica's starting line up:

Júlio César

Nelson Semedo,Lisandro López,Jardel,Sílvio

Samaris,Fejsa

Ola John,Gaitán, Talisca

Jonas

Bench: Ederson,André Almeida,Eliseu,Gonçalo Guedes, Pizzi
Jonathan Rodriguez,Mitroglou

·
Registered
42,727 Posts
Jonas seems the most likely for Benfica thus far, with his headers. He leaps from the corner kick, the ball narrowly flies past on this occasion.

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ana's gonna ban me after this match.
naaahhh...even your biased comments are welcomed = activity:D

very exciting game really, sporting was on drugs when starting the game, running like crazy chickens ( who's the bird here?:D) and had the edge for a while but then we balanced it out and could have scored a couple times

goal chances for both teams, and on that regard either could be winning

i think theres a wrongly disallowed goal for sporting, but i had to watch it twice to be more or less certain of it...also in a dangerous counter attack ola john was wrongly called offside....it happens

i dont expect the teams to run so much during the 2nd half...i doubt they can, specially with this heat

sporting has issues defending, but is overcoming us in the midfield, we need to sub in pizzi and have talisca out, jonas is too lonely upfront, and we are having a hardtime holding the ball in the midfield

good performances from our defense, specially lisandro lopez, but jardel has actually saved us from suffering a goal

ola john has been a surprise :eek: he's doing quite well, and jonas , as usual, working a lot and could have already scored twice

lets hope this 2nd half we can improve our defense - attack transition and score a winning goal :thmbup:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts