1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stadium of Light
Sunday, 9 March
Kick-off: 1500 GMT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunderland welcome back defender Danny Collins from suspension for Sunday's Premier League clash with Everton.
Liam Miller could miss out after being transfer-listed for poor time-keeping, while winger Carlos Edwards is close to making a comeback from a broken leg.

Everton manager David Moyes is likely to change his side after fielding the same team for the previous four games.

Leon Osman limped out of the Uefa Cup defeat by Fiorentina yesterday with a groin injury and could be rested.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Both Man City and Blackburn lost points yesterday, this is a great oppertunity to go level with liverpool again and open up a gap along with villa in the Uefa Cup places. Not expecting anything like their visit to goodison, but we should have the capabilities to win this one.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very happy with the win, think we deserved it in the end with more chances. Another positive note for Wednesday - Fiorentina lost 1-0 to Sienna :)

Cheers ILA, Welcome back to the forum ;), what's happening with Arsenal though? 3 league games without a win, opening the door to Man U and chelsea, although wigan can be hard to play against on a rugby surface.

·
Registered
43,142 Posts
The match today, urgh. Near to the end I stopped watching as it just didn't look like happening, and it didn't. I had to come back for the last few minutes, it's not easy being blind. The pitch was awful and surely played no small part. Still, when I see the players doing something good, I wonder if it would be possible for them to sustain those rare moments of positive play. Saying that, I wouldn't demand a 5-star performance of them, still... well, at least it's over. So many futile minutes.

Sorry, it's not right for me to sidetrack the thread. I hope my words are ignored.

Your coming meeting with Fiorentina, I think you should approach it with a positive mindset. I doubt many expect much, so the weight of expectations won't be on your shoulders. Just go for it! Pretty simple, you need the first goal. On one hand, you can envy the position of the Florence team, but on the other, you don't have to. It's theirs to lose. I wouldn't be surprised if you took the initiative and won, but of course the scoreline is a doubter.

Eeeeuuuurrrrrrggggghhhhh I've done it again. Wrong thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Arsenal is a team I cant Understand this season. One day they look unbeatable the next Blah... anyway, a good win yet an ugly on at that. I guess you have to get a couple of these a season.

I'm kind of glad it was a low scoring affair as I would like to think Yak is saving his Hat trick for the mid week match.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.