Xtratime Community banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Was weird seeing Eriksen as a mezzala.

I can't imagine that position will really suit him.

He'd be so much better as a trequartista.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Yeah Vecino assisted an Icardi winner in the first derby of last season and scored in the 3-2 win in the second derby.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
Was weird seeing Eriksen as a mezzala.

I can't imagine that position will really suit him.

He'd be so much better as a trequartista.
I thought he played as a trequartista, with some added defensive responsibilities when the initial press failed (which it did most of the time). He seemed to have problems operating in the tight spaces given to him. I'd be surprised if he wasn't the player who lost possession the most along with Lukaku.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Really happy with Lukaku goal. Not the first time he's scored like that this season...remember the goal vs Torino. The goal vs Sassuolo was similar too.

The keeper expected him to either shoot with his right, and when he didn't, he expected him to cut in past the defender. Well done for pulling the trigger quickly

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
I thought he played as a trequartista, with some added defensive responsibilities when the initial press failed (which it did most of the time). He seemed to have problems operating in the tight spaces given to him. I'd be surprised if he wasn't the player who lost possession the most along with Lukaku.
Lukaku can't have had nearly as many turnovers as Esposito, can he?

In any case, check these ratings out from 90min:

Player Ratings

Starting XI: Padelli (6); Skriniar (7), De Vrij (8), Bastoni (7); Moses (6), Vecino (6), Barella (6); Eriksen (5); Lukaku (8), Espositio (4)

Subs: Sanchez (8*), Brozovic (7), D'Ambrosio (6)

Star Man: Alexis Sanchez

After a woeful display last time out against Fiorentina, Alexis bounced back in tremendous fashion with a game-changing performance on Sunday night.

Playing just off Lukaku, the Chilean was able to link-up with the Belgian in a similar fashion to how the suspended Lautaro Martinez so often does.

The Inter loanee was a constant menace between the lines and was superb out of possession - with his determination and work-rate helping him win a penalty for Inter's second.

_

Ouf. Give the kid some treatment for the burn.

Southern drawl Welcome to the big leagues, buddy!

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Hmm maybe he was in a trequartista position. Was hard to tell.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,431 Posts
As usual I was happy to see Alexis get off the bench in the 58th Minute and perform the way he did, for the GOOD of the Team.

Way to go Niño Maravilla !!!!

And and nice gesture for all the Udinese (his first Team in Europe after River Plate) Fans that welcomed him on the Pitch at warm up time, and what he did to thanx them. Class Act

81 - 87 of 87 Posts