Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it goes without saying that this is a big test for Conte's Inter. People praised the character of the team after the derby comeback, but Lazio are at another level as the table shows. Lazio are having their best season since they won the 2000 Scudetto di Calori. Immobile has more goals than games in Serie A, which is Messi/CR-like in terms of scoring ratio. Ciro killing it this season. Luis Alberto has 11 assists which is excellent. Not forgetting that they outplayed us in Milano, and we won thanks to Samir's heroics, and he will probably not be fit to play tomorrow at the Olimpico.. Padelli was criticized in the derby and he indeed could have done better on both goals but understandably he lacks competitive/official match practice. Dude just trains and watches Samir from the bench nearly all season.

Inter have actually done well in this fixture in the past 3 seasons, winning all 3. The 16-17 match wasn't really important, but the win in 17-18 was a CL qualifier (That goal by Vecino..the rimonta.. good memories) and last season we won 3-0 with Icardi (2) and Brozovic on the scoresheet.

A draw would be ok imo, even if it means juve reclaiming top spot after an expected easy home win against Brescia but being -2 behind juve having already played Milan and Lazio would not be disastrous. Still a long season ahead.

Candreva and Young sat out the Napoli game so both were rested, let's hope they fly at the home of the eagles!

In defence I would go with Godin for his experience, he sat out the Napoli Coppa match so should be ok to play this.

Lautaro-Lukaku to start upfront barring any fitness issues.

With Sensi injured, either Eriksen or Vecino will start in midfield along with Brozovic and Barella in a midfield 3. I would go with Vecino due to his big-game clutchness (scored against both Rome clubs at Olimpico) and let Eriksen (and Alexis) be 2nd half cards to use.

Forza Inter. Vinci per noi.

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
I'm also worried about Padelli.

Godin instead of Bastoni for me.

I'm edging toward Erkisen instead of Vecino but it is certainly a tough call.... I am maybe 55-45 in favour of Eriksen at the moment. I thought he looked excellent against Milan.

I just hope Lazio make some slip-ups at the back that Lau-kaku can capitalize on.

·
Registered
43,661 Posts
Lau-kaku?
Lautaro-Lukaku

Anyway surely you can beat Lazio. I doubt any of their players get in EPL teams.
Immobile walks into any team except maybe Liverpool.

Many teams would want to buy SMS...actually, your club was reported to be interested in replacing Pogs with him over the summer.

Don't call Luis Alberto an EPL reject! :redangry:

·
Registered
43,661 Posts
Yeah, I have to click the image icon at the bottom of the box, then URL, and paste the link into that.

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Anyway surely you can beat Lazio. I doubt any of their players get in EPL teams.
LOL

United have tried to sign Savic in the past (they failed, obviously).

Immobile and Luis Alberto would also walk into most EPL teams other than City and Liverpool.

Lulic and Lazzari would get into a lot of EPL teams as well.

Neither as good at eating donuts as Luke Shaw though.

Or blasting crosses into outer-space like Wan-Bissaka

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Vecino starting

Hopefully Eriksen gets plenty of minutes in the 2nd half.

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Lukaku wasting tons of possession

Lazio quiet so far except for the SMS shot

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Vecino, Candreva and SDV our best players so far

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaaaaggghhhhhhhhhhhhshley Young

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
WTF!!

HAHAHAH

·
Greta joke sharer
22,962 Posts
Godin had a few bad passes as usual in the first half. He really needs to be more cautious. Pretty evenly matched first half.

Brozo with an immense first half.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,962 Posts
What on Earth was the ref doing not allowing Candreva back on the pitch? And why did Candreva step off the pitch in the first place?

Could have cost us the lead with only seconds to go of the half.

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Super weird game.

Lazio 'created' one chance in 45 mins and that was just individual brilliance from SMS.

Inzaghi playing very conservative

We had 2 very good positions in the final 3rd but didn't take advantage

Godin' s best game for Inter so far.

Lautaro TOTALLY anonymous, like he was against Napoli on Wednesday. Weird.

Strakosha has always been a dodgy keeper. He always seems to make mistakes against us.

Hope to Eriksen in the 2nd half

Weird game.

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Nax is right.

Another great game from Brozo.

Good to see, since he didn't bother his ads on Wednesday at all

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Embarassing clusterf**K from SDV and Padelli