Xtratime Community banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Greta joke sharer
22,957 Posts
2nd half was clinical.

But remember, Eriksen was millimetres away from the goal of the season and Barella missed a 1 on 1. Could have so easily been 6.

It wasn't remarkable football. Chances were taken and then we started to control the midfield.

Milan only had one proper chance - the Ibra one against the post- and I don't it would have counted due to the above into Skriniar's neck/ head.
Yeah, but you could also say that Brozo's goal was a one in twenty hit. Conti, if his schlong was slightly bigger, could have blocked Vecino's goal. De Vrij's header was a freakish goal reminiscent of Vieri's heyday. And Lukaku's goal came right at the end when the game was over.

We did block a ton of shots as well.

Efficiency is what decided the game at the end of the day. My point was simply that this wasn't like the typical comeback game where the team in the lead just takes the foot off the gas and sits back to defend while the chasing team relentlessly piles on the pressure.

·
Registered
43,657 Posts
@colocolo

Inter Legend Zamorano: “This Inter Has Character, Heart & Pride”

In an interview with Inter’s official broadcaster Inter TV, Inter legend Ivan Zamorano has reflected on Inter’s emphatic 4-2 Derby della Madonnina win over city rivals AC Milan last night at San Siro.
The Chilean, who famously wore the number 1+8 during his time with the club, started by discussing the change between the first and second half performances put in by Inter manager Antonio Conte’s side.
“I lost my voice celebrating the fourth goal which was scored by Lukaku. The first half was difficult. AC Milan were so focused and Inter did not play. After going two goals behind, it was difficult to imagine what would have happened in the second half but this Inter has character, heart and pride. The team has wonderful determination,” he started.
Zamorano then spoke on the moment he believes flipped the game in Inter’s favour and led to them running away with things in the end.
“The most important moment of the game was Brozovic’s goal. From then on, there was only one team on the pitch: Inter.”
He then spoke on how this result will boost the confidence of the players ahead of their next league match which comes against fellow title chasers Lazio this coming weekend.
“The win at San Siro can give a great injection of confidence ahead of Lazio which is a fundamental game.”
Zamorano spent five years on Inter’s books between 1996 and 2001. The 53-year-old striker, who also played for Real Madrid and the Chilean national team during his career, made exactly 150 appearances across all competitions in an Inter shirt, in which he scored 41 goals and tallied a single assist.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,444 Posts
Not a gray hair on BamBam's head !!!!!

He also played in Mexico for America and last but not least back in Chile he played for the "Whites" of Colo Colo.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Fun read off rubentuz forums :) The best thing about this derby win is that we gave hope to our rivals and then killed that hope.

Before the game:

Never thought i'd be rooting for Milan

After the 0-2

Inter choking? Is anyone really surprised?

The MAN!!

What excuse will Inter come up with after this?

The crows were too close to the stadium, there were too many balls close to the pitch, Juventus lost yesterday which means we got unluck on our side because we play at 20:45 evening time?

After the 2-2

calma offside

shit! valid

What the actual **** Milan

please ban all the muppets who celebrated first half goals by Milan.

Fucking hell why. Just why

Well this blows.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Maybe the most beautiful 45 mins I can remember since the Treble:cry::cry::cry::cry:
I dunno man, the win in Munich in 10-11 was big. Losing 1-0 in Milano, then trailing 2-1 in Munich, before coming back and winning 3-2. Pandev killer goal in the end...

the Lazio rimonta in 17-18 was epic too.

But this derby is up there with the finest, craziest Inter comebacks for sure.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I was thinking the other day, if Icardi had scored the 2 utterly easy tap-ins in the 0-0 derby of 17-18, we would have won 6 straight derbies! Crazy. Although tbh it's more to do with Milan being in a bad state, even if Inter improved under Spalletti (CL qualification) and Conte (competing with juve for the title),so it's a bit of both factors.

Imo Milan were physically and mentally impacted in the second half. Physically by their efforts in first, and mentally by the early Brozovic goal. And already Milan are a vulnerable team..

Btw this was the 5th time this season we scored 4 goals in a game

Lecce (H), Sassuolo (A), Genoa (H), Cagliari (Coppa) and derby.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #108

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)
posting this a bit late..

Moratti: 'One of the best derbies ever'

By Football Italia staff

Former Inter President Massimo Moratti claims yesterday’s Derby della Madonnina was “one of the most beautiful of all time.”

The Nerazzurri came from two goals down to win 4-2, with all four of their goals coming in the second half.

Moratti, who owned the club from 1995 to 2014, was impressed by the game.

“It was one of the most beautiful derby matches of all time,” Moratti told Sport Mediaset.

“It was a wonderful evening, the perfect match: Milan good in the first half, Inter better in the second.

“In the opening 45 minutes there was only Milan on the pitch, then I think Antonio Conte did what he had to do in the break, but certainly the team already had the tools to react within.”

Moratti says you cannot compare Conte to former Inter bosses Jose Mourinho and Roberto Mancini.

“You can’t compare them, they may have some similar aspects and logic, but people are very different from each other. They are all certainly good however.”

Christian Eriksen was tipped to start for Inter, but only came on with 20 minutes remaining, but Moratti liked what he saw.

“Eriksen impressed me yesterday, for all the little time that he had on the pitch. He does things that great champions do. His free kick at the end was splendid.”

·
Super Moderator
13,710 Posts
my eyes

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Tramontana, Luca Mastrangelo and Mario Inter Youtuber are cool. Usually I look for their videos after Inter matches. They have this passion and craziness I like.

Mastrangelo is famous for the co co come Mai song followed by Lukaku is magic :D

Mario Inter Youtuber became famous after the Nainggolan chant

Loved this after juve lost at Napoli

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
I've heard the name but I am not too familiar with him. But if he hates juve then I might try to check some of his vids.

·
Registered
43,657 Posts
Crudeli actually seems like a really likeable guy. From a distance. But yeah, gotta respect the passion.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts