Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
45,005 Posts
You got this
We did this time. Enjoy this one, Tazz!

I'd give MOTM to Brozovic. Started the comeback with a killer volley and was solid all game. When most of the team was out of it in the 1st half, he was still getting stuck in defensively and doing a lot of work.

Massive game by Alexis too. When we could get the ball to him, he did very well. Really energetic and happy to track back and help out.

Barella showed his stuff in the 2nd half. Great work all around from him and he proves why he has to be a surefire starter. If I had one complaint, it's that he took too long to play Lukaku in on that one occasion.

Worst person on the pitch was the ref, imo. Very poor calls against Vecino (solid tackle on Theo), Kessie (did nothing wrong on 2 occasions), etc. Theo seemed to be the biggest beneficiary of the calls. He and his bro may be talented but they have a very scummy side to their game.

Reactions: Nacka

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Maybe the most beautiful 45 mins I can remember since the Treble:cry::cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
God that was amazing

Eriksen looks absolutely killer. When he really gets going it's gonna be bad-ass

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Hope Tazzy was watching from above ? ? ?

·
Greta joke sharer
23,651 Posts
Even Vecino had a decent enough second half. I especially liked him helping to provide cover for Moses when he came on.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Well Vecino always scores/assists against ACM

Nice assist from Moses BTW

·
Registered
45,005 Posts
Yeah, Vecino had a pretty big game, imo. Some very solid defensive work and a lot of great forward runs to stretch the opponents. Can't ask for more.

I thought he should be sacrificed for Eriksen to improve interplay since we weren't able to get anything going in the 1st half. Also thought that our wings needed changes (Candreva in particular).

Turns out all they really needed was a good ol' fashioned boot up the ass from Conte!

·
Greta joke sharer
23,651 Posts
Worst person on the pitch was the ref, imo. Very poor calls against Vecino (solid tackle on Theo), Kessie (did nothing wrong on 2 occasions), etc. Theo seemed to be the biggest beneficiary of the calls. He and his bro may be talented but they have a very scummy side to their game.
The refereeing in the second half was just godawful. He let obvious freekicks go unpunished, handed out yellow cards for tackles that barely were even freekicks, didn't award obvious freekicks and handed out throw-ins to the team that shouted for it the loudest. Fortunately he was equally shit in both directions and none of his bad decisions were game deciding (except maybe Kessie's legit tackle on Brozo that might have resulted in something).

It was almost like he was trying to mindfuck the players on purpose.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Wonder what Conte had to say during the half time break. What an amazing motivator.

Congrats guys. This could be your revenge for 2003-04 when we won after being 0-2 down at half time and went on to win the title.

·
Registered
45,005 Posts
Great goals by Kaka and Seedorf in that match. Where we were clearly the weaker side throughout that match, this was more a tale of two halves.

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Great goals by Kaka and Seedorf in that match. Where we were clearly the weaker side throughout that match, this was more a tale of two halves.
You’re absolutely right. I couldn’t believe that we were 2 lucky goals down at half time after having been clearly the better side.

JDT with a nice striker goal as well to get us started, and made room for Kaka to score the equalizer ;)

·
Registered
59,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
What a derby. Pazza Inter! Honestly I didn't think such a comeback was possible at HT. Performance was simply not good enough. Midfield could not pass or create. Milan looked more eager and up for it.

Certainly among my favourite Inter comebacks of all time. Up there with Lazio 02-03, Samp 04-05, Supercoppa 2006, Dynamo Kiev 09-10, Bayern 10-11, Palermo 10-11, Lazio 17-18 and Spurs 18-19

Milan used up a lot of energy and ran a lot in the first half and it backfired in second half as they got tired. In my opinion the goal of Rebic should have been disallowed, Zlatan was all over Godin.

The timing of Brozovic's goal after only 5 minutes into the second half was huge. What a volley! And with his weaker left foot. A captain's goal. Mentally a huge goal.

Loved the through pass of Godin to Alexis on the second. Seriously great vision by Godin. An Uruguayan passed to a Chilean who passed to another Uruguayan. Vamos Sud America! Vecino as usual scores/assists in big games although he missed an easy chance in the first half.

De Vrij with a top class header for the 3rd. Candreva assist :) De vrij also scored a fine header in the 3-2 derby last season. Looks like he has a thing for scoring derby headers.

Nice assist by Moses for the 4th, and Lukaku with another headed goal against Milan.

Shame about the Eriksen free kick in the bar. That was top class.

Excellent reaction and this match proves that nothing is impossible in this crazy sport. Great advertisement for Serie A as well for neutrals.

Forza Inter. 2 big games coming up.. I guess I will have to do the Lazio thread now.. but there's a Coppa semi first that should be taken with utmost seriousness.

·
Registered
59,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #94

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
Wow when Zlatan scored I thought you were on for a hammering. Great 2nd half, what a come back.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,651 Posts

·
Greta joke sharer
23,651 Posts
I'd say this is probably my favorite comeback game of all time. Unless the Barca game in 2010 counts.

This was quite different from most of our other comeback games though. The difference between the first and second half was remarkable. But mostly because we were so incredibly poor in the first half and not because the second half was brilliant in any way. Sure scoring four goals in one half is pretty amazing in and of itself but it was not like we were piling on the pressure and pinning Milan in their own half. The second half, goals aside, was fairly even with a slight edge to Inter.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
I'd say this is probably my favorite comeback game of all time. Unless the Barca game in 2010 counts.

This was quite different from most of our other comeback games though. The difference between the first and second half was remarkable. But mostly because we were so incredibly poor in the first half and not because the second half was brilliant in any way. Sure scoring four goals in one half is pretty amazing in and of itself but it was not like we were piling on the pressure and pinning Milan in their own half. The second half, goals aside, was fairly even with a slight edge to Inter.
2nd half was clinical.

But remember, Eriksen was millimetres away from the goal of the season and Barella missed a 1 on 1. Could have so easily been 6.

It wasn't remarkable football. Chances were taken and then we started to control the midfield.

Milan only had one proper chance - the Ibra one against the post- and I don't it would have counted due to the above into Skriniar's neck/ head.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts