Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
59,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter have done well in recent derbies but this Milan have a certain Zlatan Ibrahimovic who has done well in this fixture both for us and against us. They have also improved compared to earlier this season under Giampaolo. Tbh though I am glad Suso left to Sevilla! That guy used to perform in derbies.

Inter have a couple of suspensions as Lautaro will be serving his second suspended match after the bs red card against Cagliari, while Bastoni is also suspended which means a start for Godin on Sunday, as DD lacks match practice so I doubt Danilo gets picked ahead of Diego.

Alexis Sanchez is expected to take Lautaro's place due to his big game experience compared to young Esposito. Hopefully the penalty Alexis won in Udine will prove to be a good boost for him.

Brozovic should probably be ready to start after he came on for half an hour or so in Udine.

Candreva imo should take the place of Moses at RWB as Antonio tends to do well in Milan derbies.

Handanovic is a doubt due to a finger injury and imo he should not be risked, let him recover fully.

I doubt I will be posting during the match as I don't like this new XT and making quick posts on it is a bit of a hassle but I will post at HT and post match hopefully.

Forza Inter. Vinci per noi.

·
Registered
16,005 Posts
Forza Ahmed

Good that you're back.

I have a bad feeling about this Derby though.....

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
16,005 Posts
Meelan are obviously awful, but Ibra and Rebic are going to cause problems.

I'm sort of happy Bastoni isn't playing because he tends to make mistakes in big games.

Godin's experience will be important, although he might struggle for pace against Rebic and Leao

Lukaku-Alexis looked good against Udinese, so let's hope for the best there.

Would prefer to see Vecino-Brozo-Barella in midfield TBH

Bring on Eriksen around the 70th minute. No point risking Sensi unless we really need him....

·
Registered
59,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forza Ahmed

Good that you're back.

I have a bad feeling about this Derby though.....
Cheers grumpy Irish

Milan are bound to get a result I am afraid, they have not won a Serie A Milan derby since the 3-0 of 15-16 when Icardi missed a pen for us. The 3 scorers for them back then aren't even at the club anymore (Alex, Bacca and Mbaye Niang)

They did win a Coppa derby in 17-18 though (Cutrone, I believe it was assisted by Suso)

Anyhow we will probably be 3rd tonight as I doubt Verona stop Lazio at Olimpico so yeah we need to win the derby, though I still don't think we have a chance in winning the Scudetto. At least CL football next season looks nearly sealed, not bad... though I still hope we win one of the 2 cups we are in.

·
Registered
59,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Meelan are obviously awful, but Ibra and Rebic are going to cause problems.

I'm sort of happy Bastoni isn't playing because he tends to make mistakes in big games.

Godin's experience will be important, although he might struggle for pace against Rebic and Leao

Lukaku-Alexis looked good against Udinese, so let's hope for the best there.

Would prefer to see Vecino-Brozo-Barella in midfield TBH

Bring on Eriksen around the 70th minute. No point risking Sensi unless we really need him....
Yeah would be dumb to risk Sensi.

let Eriksen be a card to use off the bench in case we are struggling. Vecino, Brozovic and Barella would have good balance. Vecino can make those runs at times into the pen area when he is unmarked, Barella and Brozovic can take a shot or hopefully assist.

I watched Milan's draw against Verona and Verona hit the post twice when the score was 1-1. Milan's goal was a lucky deflection so they were a bit lucky, even if they did themselves hit the post late on after Verona went down to 10.

Bastoni was responsible for the Higuaín goal yeah, and gave away the penalty against Atalanta and lost his man when we drew with Lecce. I am old school, I prefer experience tbh in defence.

·
Registered
16,005 Posts
No idea how this one is going to go.

The team has been playing like dogsh*te recently, although to be fair they usually step up against Meelan (like last season).

The first Derby of the season should have finished at least 5-0 if not 6 or 7. That should have been a brutal hammering akin to a reverse of the old Shevchenko days. A pity Lautaro fired more blanks than a global inferitility meet-up.

Ah well.

Sanchez is still a boss IMO, except for that one awful game where he played as a 10 against Viola.

Sanchez-Lukaku can do the job.

I'm more worried about the midfield. Brozo will play but has been injured, Eriksen looked way, way off the pace against Udinese.

I like Leao and Rebic as well. Good players who can Trouble Godin and Skriniar.

Anything other than a win is a disaster considering we have Lazio away next week and then the visit to Mordor 2 weeks after that.

·
Registered
16,005 Posts
Yeah would be dumb to risk Sensi.

let Eriksen be a card to use off the bench in case we are struggling. Vecino, Brozovic and Barella would have good balance. Vecino can make those runs at times into the pen area when he is unmarked, Barella and Brozovic can take a shot or hopefully assist.

I watched Milan's draw against Verona and Verona hit the post twice when the score was 1-1. Milan's goal was a lucky deflection so they were a bit lucky, even if they did themselves hit the post late on after Verona went down to 10.

Bastoni was responsible for the Higuaín goal yeah, and gave away the penalty against Atalanta and lost his man when we drew with Lecce. I am old school, I prefer experience tbh in defence.
I'd just wrap Sensi in cotton wool and bubblewrap and let him play PlayStation till the end of the season. There is something clearly wrong with the way he is being handled. The guy should not be getting injured every 2 weeks.

For me Sensi has actually been the biggest disappointment of the season so far.

The guy is insanely good when fit and I'm certain that with a fit Sensi we would have won games like Barca (H), Roma, Fiorentina (A) etc. He really looked like THE player we have been missing since Sneijder.... the player Banega and Joao Mario were supposed to be.

For me his ceiling is even higher than Eriksen's (Barca don't want the guy for no reason) but if you check out his injury record on Transfermarkt it is just BRUTAL.

Amazing amazing talent but made of glass

·
Registered
16,005 Posts
Cheers grumpy Irish

Milan are bound to get a result I am afraid, they have not won a Serie A Milan derby since the 3-0 of 15-16 when Icardi missed a pen for us. The 3 scorers for them back then aren't even at the club anymore (Alex, Bacca and Mbaye Niang)

They did win a Coppa derby in 17-18 though (Cutrone, I believe it was assisted by Suso)

Anyhow we will probably be 3rd tonight as I doubt Verona stop Lazio at Olimpico so yeah we need to win the derby, though I still don't think we have a chance in winning the Scudetto. At least CL football next season looks nearly sealed, not bad... though I still hope we win one of the 2 cups we are in.
Death, taxes, Inter's mid-season collapse, Lazio choking when the heat is on.

All certainties in life.

·
Registered
59,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not winning the last derby by more than 2-0 was not down to Lautaro, it was down to misfortune. We hit the goalframe 3 times.

I don't know about a midseason collapse, sure we drew 3 times in a row but with better refereeing we would have won 2 of those 3 games. And despite those draws, 3 points behind a juve side supported by refs and having the most expensive squad in the history of Serie A is hardly a disaster. De ligt cost more than our entire defence including wingbacks, CR cost more than Lautaro+Lukaku etc.. juve are spending more than ever to chase their obsession of winning the CL.

shame Verona won't have much gas in their tank for the juve game on Saturday though.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts

·
Registered
59,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nah, I'll pass. Tazz avatar stays for good.

Reactions: Ronaldwho?

·
Registered
16,005 Posts
Most outlets are going with a Brozo-Barella-Eriksen midfield.

Feels bizarre writing that, since this time last year everyone assumed Eriksen would eventually sign for Real Madrid and Barella was still a pipe-dream.

Unfortunately most sites seem to also be going with Moses at RB. I thought he was pretty bad against Udinese. No attacking threat and got burned badly a couple of times. I wouldn't trust him against Theo Hernandez. Nor would I trust Candreva there. Which is why I would go with D'Ambrosio if he's even semi-fit.

·
Registered
16,005 Posts
Young looks like he'll be a starter for the rest of the season btw.

Bizarre.

But he has been good, no doubt. Prevented an almost certain goal against Udinese and presented a guilt-edged changed for Esposito a short while later.

And he looks significantly more solid than the awful Biraghi.

He has certainly proved me wrong so far.

·
Registered
59,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Candreva over Moses for me, he has more experience in those games and has done well in derbies before by scoring and assisting. DD should not start, should be eased in gradually.

Young also I believe was involved in the Lukaku-Vecino double chance in Udine.

Tbf to Biraghi, he does have 3 assists against Lazio, Torino and Lecce (4 if you add the assist in Coppa v Cagliari) and I don't recall any goals he caused except for 1 at Sassuolo when he gave the ball away and Berardi scored.

·
Registered
59,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
shame Verona won't have much gas in their tank for the juve game on Saturday though.
Oops, I was wrong. Gladly so. ;)

Grazie Hellas.

Pazzo you beautiful human being.

Now watch us drop points tomorrow - particularly due to shitty refereeing. Refs won't allow us to catch juve.

Although technically if we draw we close the gap to -2, which is not terrible, but ideally we close the gap to 0 as we have Lazio afterwards...

anyhow if the players are not even MORE motivated to win now it's hopeless. They have to be.

Forza Inter.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
A great CHANCE to shorten distances domani for Inter ... Juve loses today even with CR7 scoring again !!!

Let's see if it happens !!:p

·
Registered
59,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey colocolo, you read what Zamorano said? He thinks Inter will have 2 Chileans next season: Alexis and Vidal.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I told you about Young.... He's a really good midseason signing for that kind of money. Immediate improvement, very experienced and professional, and can play RWB if needed too, or really anywhere in the flanks in different formations for that matter.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
45,032 Posts
Did anyone see CR's goal vs Verona? One of his best, imo. Turned the defender in the middle of the pitch and sets off while playing a 1-2, gets to the pen area with 1 defender to beat, hits a step-over to buy some space and buries it in the bottom left corner.

Reactions: Osman
1 - 20 of 114 Posts