Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, needless to say that it's a must win game to maintain our small chance of chasing juve and Lazio - and to consolidate our CL spot status - to at least make sure of top 4 finish early, not having to struggle til matchday 38 to make the CL like the past 2 seasons. A win on Sunday puts us 12 points above 5th placed Roma.

Players must show a positive reaction to the disappointing Coppa elimination at San Paolo.

The performance at San Paolo was mostly pretty good, but what counts is the scoreline. Rather play like shit and win as opposed to playing well and losing/drawing.

Based on reports Alexis Sanchez will get the nod ahead of Lautaro. Rest of the team should be pretty much the side that started in Naples.

Imo the lack of fans is a positive as far as Lautaro specifically is concerned. I would imagine lots of jeers/whistles if he plays, and he will be used surely in what remains of the season as we have 3 players upfront+a kid. So less pressure on Lautaro in an empty stadium is good.

Speaking of empty stadium, a little anecdote from 2005-2006. Back then Inter were punished by UEFA and played CL games behind closed doors due to the infamous Dida flares incident in 2004-2005

We won our 3 home games in the 05-06 CL groupstage against Rangers, Porto and Artmedia Bratislava, so Massimo Moratti joked that he would prefer playing without fans.

Fans or no fans, 3 points are required without any excuses.

Forza Inter.

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Yeah, time to cut out all the B.S. and win.

Lautaro has to be dropped.

Sanchez murdered Samp for the 45 minutes he played back in Sempteber. Although they have Ranieri now so will be tougher to break down.

I'd like to see Sensi get some game time. Maybe 30 mins in 2nd half.

The rest of the team picks itself. I doubt Young or Candreva need rest.

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Sensi is injured again. Hasn't played since February but has "muscle fatigue".

The club must seriously be considering sending him back to Sassuolo, unless there is some gentleman's agreement that means Inter have to buy (there may be - Sassuolo president has suggested the deal will definitely go through).

One of the most injury-prone players I have seen at Inter.

·
Registered
46,041 Posts
Sanchez murdered Samp for the 45 minutes he played back in Sempteber. Although they have Ranieri now so will be tougher to break down.
I think our team was too bad even for the poor standards of this Sampdoria. It was a tactical mess in which not just Alexis Sanchez but even Candreva had a field day. Luckily Lautaro devoured a few goals and then Alexis got the red card otherwise it could end with an awful score.

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
I think our team was too bad even for the poor standards of this Sampdoria. It was a tactical mess in which not just Alexis Sanchez but even Candreva had a field day. Luckily Lautaro devoured a few goals and then Alexis got the red card otherwise it could end with an awful score.
True. It looked like it was going to be a massacre.

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Brozovic is injured so Gagliardini or Borja will play this evening.

So despite our 'ridiculously stacked' midfield (LOL) we will potentially be relying on a 35 year old to play as a midfield pivot in an important league game.

Anyone who thinks we will have too many midfield players if Tonali and Nainggolan come in the summer is out of their mind.

Bring both in and keep Gaglia and Vecino.

Sensi is a lost cause and I would seriously think very long and hard about signing him and moving him on for a small profit (Milan could use him). He is obviously not able to cope with the intensity of Conte's training or football gennerally.

So a midfield of: Brozo, Eriksen, Barella, Tonali, Nainggolan, Vecino, Gagliardini for next season and we're fine.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still missing a strong, proven physical dm though, I keep hoping we get Kante or Partey.

Btw bein sports no longer have the rights for Serie A in middle east, so if anyone has any reliable streams post them please.

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Why is this game on so late?

·
Greta joke sharer
23,435 Posts
Still missing a strong, proven physical dm though, I keep hoping we get Kante or Partey.

Btw bein sports no longer have the rights for Serie A in middle east, so if anyone has any reliable streams post them please.
Not sure if this link works without installing Acestream.

Otherwise this one should work.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lukakuuuuu

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eriksen assist

Nice goal after a 1-2

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lautaro also involved

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Bueatiful goal

Lautaro's touch was crucial. Eriksen very clever assist.

Excellent football

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Lautaro has remembered how to play football again....

Eriksen excellent

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Toro makes it 2

Another good team move

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Lautaro tap-in

Such a clever ball from Lukaku to free Candreva. Great game from Lautaro, Lukaku, Candreva, Eriksen, Barella

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lukaku to Candreva and then a Lautaro tap in

2-0

Could have scored a couple more but excellent result in first half

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am stuck watching on this mostly lol

·
Greta joke sharer
23,435 Posts
Glad to see Candreva making the correct decision in attack for once. I was certain he was going to blast the ball into the stands instead of making the easy pass.

Samp are looking really poor, I can't remember seeing them this bad before.

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Great chance for Ramirez

Barella and Gagliardini with stupid play in their own defensive area gifting Ramirez a chance

1 - 20 of 61 Posts