Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carles Puyol and Andrés Iniesta are close to receiving the medical all clear and may be available for this weekend's vital clash with Osasuna.

Puyol, with protective facemask included, seems to be the best bet to make a prompt reappearance as Iniesta is still experiencing the occasional niggle when shooting. Both players missed out on last Sunday's win against Albacete to avoid the risk of further injury but were able to train with the rest of the squad as usual this morning.

A tale of two injuries

Puyol picked up his injury on 14th January in the Cup game against Levante. A clash of heads with striker Congo resulted in a fracture in his left cheekbone. The tough defender has recovered much earlier than the five or six weeks originally predicted. However, he will have to wear a protective facemask for some time yet to avoid the risk of further damage and a possible operation.

Andrés Iniesta suffered his injury three days before Pujol in a league game against Zaragoza. The case of the young midfielder has been totally different from Pujol, as unexpected complications in his groin strain have extended the recovery period.

Ronaldinho absent

The main note of interest arising from Wednesday's training was the absence of Ronaldinho, a vital piece in Frank Rijkaard's jigsaw. As planned, the Brazilian star will rejoin the squad after the completion of the first phase of his personal fitness plan, which has been designed by Club doctors to try and prevent muscle injuries

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
A very important game along with the three next ones, Atletico, Valencia and Deportivo that are going to give us a good indication where the team is heading. Now the squad is almost injury free which is a bonus. Personally I am not optimistic. The team has improved defensively with the arrival of Davids plus the the adding of a third defensive midfielder, but in attack we still have lots of problems to create chances. The 5-0 win against Albacete looked to me like a one off against a very poor side. If we get good results overall against these four teams then I will start to believe that this team has a real chance of getting the fourth spot in la Liga.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Angel at the end of these 4 games the question of whether we play CL or not will definitely be answered. :) No IFs no BUTs.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
husain_14 said:
Angel at the end of these 4 games the question of whether we play CL or not will definitely be answered. :) No IFs no BUTs.
Indeed. Although FCB does not need to win them all, a couple of ties and there are still chances.

Also, am I the only person here who thinks that Depor might still self destruct?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
1/ even a win and 3 ties would be good enough

2/ No, :tongue:

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
killah said:
1/ even a win and 3 ties would be good enough

2/ No, :tongue:
Even better, two wins against Osasuna and Atletico and two defeats agaisnt Valencia and Deportivo. If that happens I'll be more than happy, not the night after the two loses :tongue:

·
Registered
417 Posts
It will be very hard game...Rijkaard after Albacete game should give a chance for our both wingers: Ricardo and Luis. As a mediapunta should play Ronaldinho and as a forward Saviola. But no we will play with Dinho at left side, and Luis Garcia at the right... :yuck: I hate him and his super offensive tactic :yuck:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
This is definitely going to be tough. Osasuna are very hard to break down and at El Sadar, it's nearly impossible. They have some top players in Puñal, Aloisi and Bakayoko, and their defence is very, very solid. We need our attacking players to shine, because another off day up front will give Osasuna an easy game.

Asking for a victory is definitely asking for a lot, no matter what form we're in. I'd be happy with a point to be honest, even though we need three.

Head: Osasuna 1-1 Barcelona.
Heart: Osasuna 1-2 Barcelona.

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
May we have the luck we had in Sevilla!! :D

I wouldn't mind us playing the worst catenaccio ever seen in this one,i just want us NOT to lose,a draw would be fine and to be honest out of these games i'm counting a lot more on winning in Riazor than this one

It's good Puyol is back and even if Ronnie hasn't recovered completely,i hope he makes the difference in these games,cause if its not for him we can only pray for luck offensively and our defence.I just don't trust in Rijkard at all,it makes little difference to me what kind of line up and formation we're gonna have week in week out and its been tiring trying to guess what's in this person's mind.

Keeping in mind we HAVE TO win an Atleti without Torres by all costs next week,we can have from 3 to 10 points in an ideal scenario where we win three games and tie in Mestalla.Yet 6 or even better 7 points would be wonderful,but there's also a big chance we just get one against Atleti

:drunk:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Expected Lineup

-------------------------Valdes-----------------------

Reizeger------Puyol--------Marquez----------Gio

-----------------------Cocu---------------------------

----------------Xavi-----------Davids---------------

Luis Garcia---------------------------------Ronnie

-------------------------Saviola---------------------

Not liking it at all. Oleguer has been playing better than Marquez and gets dropped

Xavi wont provide any creativity and would prefere to see iniesta back in.

Motta should get some minutes especially as we have the chance to work a Motta-Davids partnership.

Quaresma should have been given another chance after last week performance.

And of course the one striker.

Prediction: 2-0 Osasuna

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
Seeing Saviola playing as a lone striker is one of the most ridiculous things in world football.MU have been trying to find a proper help to RVN and we are playing with Javier all alone,practically using only two lines,defence and midfield

And Marquez?:yuck:

I can live without Iniesta or Motta,although only for some fresh air in this rotten team they should be unquestionable,but Marquez instead of Oleguer?Nice way to fuk up the kid's mentality

Our only hope is for a 0-0 cause normally we ain't gonna score with these players,instead Ronaldinho pulls out some magic we ain't gonna create anything as well

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
This is more or less the best line up we can put on the feet. Of course I would prefer to play Oleguer and Marquez in the center of the defence and puting Puyol as fullback. Also Motta should have the postion of Cocu. If Motta develops in the right direction and learns to control his temper, he will become a key player for us for the next ten seasons.

Luis García deserves to be in the team. He's our best winger and the creative force behind most of our goals. Visca Luis!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
IF kluivert is playing...its as good as lost...:D :tongue:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I AM OPTIMISTIC:)

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Kluivert said:
Jeez man, give the man a break. He won't be playing, he's injured so why the hell bring up his name? I'm sick and tired of your constant bashing, there's no reason for saying such things so please shut the *peep* up.

:skull:
Thank god he is injured then. Im sorry kluivert follower....He let the barca fans and team down. a complete dog IMO.

You should shut the f*ck up. Kluivert performance is worse than heskey.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
guess whos refereeing us tonite ? the Zamorano bloke who sent of half a dozen players in the last Barcelona derby !:(

1 - 20 of 87 Posts