Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
No pain - No gain.
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I open this thread for the new period of transfers and rumours to come in the summer! :thumbsup:

And i start with this news,

Atletico Madrid are stepping up their interest in Tottenham flop Roberto Soldado. Spurs are unlikely to recoup the £26 million outlay they made on the Spaniard last summer.

Source: Daily Mail

·
No pain - No gain.
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Tottenham are negotiating a £4.5 million deal for highly rated 16-year-old Hadjuk Split midfielder Andrija Balic after the Croatian U18 international broke into their first team.

Source: Daily Mail

Tottenham and Liverpool will compete with each other for the £10 million capture of Lazio prospect Ogenyi Onazi.

Source: Daily Star

·
No pain - No gain.
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tottenham to open Lukaku talks with Chelsea

Tottenham are set to open talks with Chelsea over a £15 million deal for striker Romelu Lukaku.

Source: Metro

·
No pain - No gain.
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tottenham to raid Cardiff for Marshall & Caulker

Tottenham are expected to swoop on relegated Cardiff's squad and sign goalkeeper David Marshall and former academy product Steven Caulker. Marshall is expected to cost €7 million.

Source: Daily Mirror

·
Registered
59,025 Posts
Lukaku would be nice, but I can't see Chelsea selling him to us.

I'd like to think that we can a better defender than Caulker. Marshall has done well and for 7m would be alright, provided we can get more than double for Lloris from PSG or Monaco and provided that Lloris actually wants to go.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tottenham midfielder Paulinho wants to leave the club after the World Cup and is confident of completing a move to Chelsea.

The Blues are yet to make contact with Spurs over any deal for the Brazilian but they have identified the midfielder as a prime target ahead of the summer transfer window.

The 25-year-old is also attracting interest from abroad, particularly Italy, but would favour a move to Chelsea, where Jose Mourinho is believed to consider him as a potential long-term replacement for Frank Lampard.

Paulinho is valued for his tactical and goalscoring qualities but has struggled to settle at Spurs following his €21 million move to north London from Corinthians last summer as part of the club's spending spree.

Spurs would demand at least €24m to sell the box-to-box midfielder just a year after he arrived at White Hart Lane and his future could be determined by the identity of the club's new manager once Tim Sherwood's departure is confirmed at the end of the season.

The broker who brought Paulinho to Spurs has strong ties to Chelsea, having been involved in deals to take international team-mates Willian and Oscar to Stamford Bridge.

The Blues have made it known through third parties that they are preparing an offer for Paulinho after the World Cup and, while personal terms should be a formality, suggestions that a deal has already been agreed are wide of the mark.

Much could depend on how Paulinho performs at the World Cup, where is he expected to keep his place in Luis Felipe Scolari's first-choice starting line-up for the tournament hosts.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has a very frosty relationship with Chelsea chiefs. They fell out over the Blues' attempts to sign Luka Modric in 2011 and again last summer when Willian moved to Stamford Bridge despite completing a medical with Spurs.

Sources have told Goal that the members of the two boardrooms barely acknowledge each other when the two teams meet and Levy did not attend Chelsea's 4-0 home victory over Tottenham in March.

Paulinho has publicly admitted his frustration with his first season in the Premier League and is believed to have felt let down by Tottenham’s decision to sack Andre Villas-Boas in December and was also told that the club would keep Gareth Bale, who moved to Real Madrid in August for a world-record €100m fee.

He initially found himself out of the side under Sherwood, who was privately scathing about Paulinho's poor attitude in training after the managerial change.

The Brazilian is said to have "completely downed tools" by sources at the club and found himself out of the side as Sherwood felt that he could not trust him to follow instructions.

Paulinho said in April: "I understand the team rotation because that’s how it works here but I am not feeling well or comfortable. I want to be present. I want to play."

The Sao Paulo-born midfielder has made 36 appearances for Spurs in all competitions this season, scoring seven goals.

·
Registered
59,025 Posts
Action!

Ben Davies and Michel Vorm signed. Sigurdsson back to Swansea.

Sigurdsson move I understand.

Vorm I don't. 3 good goalies :dazed: or does Lloris need that push to become even better?

Hope Ben Davies is better than Rose. Surely?!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I like Brad Friedel as much as the next guy, but he is 43... I think it makes sense to have another back-up keeper in Vrom, who is EPL proven.

·
Registered
59,025 Posts

·
Registered
59,025 Posts
Whose idea was it to give Danny Rose a new 5 year contract?!

·
Registered
59,025 Posts
Falque to Genoa

Fee: 5 million euros / 4 million pounds

How did we manage to get that amount?

That said, he wasn't bad while on loan at Rayo, but he never played for us!

·
Registered
59,025 Posts
Eric Dier joins us from Sporting CP

Fee: 5 million euros / 4 million pounds

Nice transfer by the sound of things. I know very little about him though, but he's been dubbed as the new John Terry or Tony Adams by some.

Dawson or Kaboul out?

·
Registered
59,025 Posts
Sounds alright. Villarreal did play counter-attacking football when I saw them btw. Can he play with space behind him?

Evening Standard says that Lazio want blunder machine Kaboul.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have heard Mussachio biggest drawback is his low winning percentage of aerial duels something spurs lack both defensive and offensive wise.

·
Registered
69,006 Posts
Spurs seem to be the favorites to grab RB/RM DeAndre Yedlin from Seattle Sounders. It appeared Roma were going to grab him but Spurs are coming in with late interest and probably one which offers a higher transfer fee and wages. Likely he will be a winter signing though, staying in the MLS until the season ends

·
Registered
59,025 Posts
Spurs seem to be the favorites to grab RB/RM DeAndre Yedlin from Seattle Sounders. It appeared Roma were going to grab him but Spurs are coming in with late interest and probably one which offers a higher transfer fee and wages. Likely he will be a winter signing though, staying in the MLS until the season ends
and it's happened. His stay in America will be even longer. We'll only see him at the start of next season.

4 year contract (till 2018).

fee: $ 4 million or 2,4 million pounds

Good enough to dislodge Kyle Walker in the long run? you don't have to be world class for that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts