Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Signed Andy Robinson from Swansea who is a quality player.

And noone else !!

Dunno whats up with us, were ussually the first to burn the cash.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Apart from Sheehan staying full time, Contantine is off to Northampton. Carole has been given permission to train with Le Havre...

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Yeah I remember reading something about that a while back. They were meant to be training with us for a bit with a view to a loan deal for the two of them.

But I haven't heard of them since the players returned to training so don't know of they are here or not.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Not right sure about him to be honest.

People on the Leeds forums seem to be OK about him.

Saw him against York and will obviously be a big player and trouble defenders, did look a bit off the pace though,hopefully will improve.

Jay Bothroyd might be signing this week, depends on him apparntly.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ex-Barca striker ready for debut

Argentinean striker Luciano Becchio could make his Leeds United debut in Wednesday's friendly against Shelbourne after getting international clearance.

The 24-year-old has joined the League One club on trial and is training with the squad in Ireland.

Becchio began his career at Boca Juniors before spells with Barcelona and Real Mallorca in Spain.

He spent last season with Spanish second division side Merida, scoring 28 goals in 50 appearances.

Leeds are expected to give Becchio another run-out against Barnet on Saturday, before making a decision about his long-term future

McAllister to decide on Becchio

McAllister is yet to decide over all of his three trialists
Leeds manager Gary McAllister is set to make a decision on whether to sign Argentinean striker Luciano Becchio.

The 24-year-old has been on trial with the club and has featured twice for United in their pre-season campaign.

"A decision will be made very quickly. I think he brings us something," McAllister told the club website.

Becchio began his career at Boca Juniors and has also had spells with Mallorca and Spanish giants Barcelona in recent years.

Fellow trialists Marcus Haber and former Scotland international Paul Telfer featured alongside Becchio in the 2-0 win over Barnet at the weekend.

"Unfortunately, Marcus has come up a wee bit short," McAllister added.

"As for Paul, he is a superb professional and his physical condition is as good as anyone here, and he is a player I would like to bring in if possible."

------------------------------------------------------

Never heard of this guy before. He probably has to have decent skill levels though if he has Boca and Barca experience. These clubs don't get random youngsters but only those who excel.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I never heard of the Argentinean bloke but he comes after playing at some good clubs so has to be half decent. Hasslebaink would be a brilliant signing.

Still has got the tactical knowledge from playing at the top and despite losing a lot in terms of speed and ability to play 90 minutes consistently, he can still hold the ball up brilliantly. Technically brilliant, worldclass shot with both feet and capable of scoring 20 goals in League One. Would be expensive but if you keep him fit he will be brilliant

1 - 13 of 13 Posts