Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well of course still some way to go in the season, but just a preparation for the upcoming market, players who are up for grabs? Both Serie A and abroad... from other leagues I would suggest:

Florent Malouda (sucked at Chelsea, but good credentials, big club should go for him)

Enzo Maresca (Surely will leave Sevilla now, ambitious mid club could get him)

Ronaldinho (Battle between Milan clubs?)

Andriy Shevchenko (Failed at Chelsea, has he still got it?)

Didier Drogba (For one of the big clubs, likely to leave Chelsea)

Diego (Top class attacking midfielder, Juve or Inter need him (or Roma))

Deco (Same as above, even if he is getting on a bit)

Mario Gomez (Highly rated Stuttgart player)

Any others?

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
M. Diarra?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Higuain is on Juve's radar, but I doubt they'd make a move for him.
Roma's after Mathieu.

Is it ok if we mention players who might leave Serie A?

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Lately I read many rumours about Pasqual to be on his way from Fiorentina, we'll see.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pasqual hasnt been first choice lately so it wouldnt surprise me.

·
Scudetto
23,385 Posts
On the local front, Marco Borriello is going to be the hottest property.

Roma, Inter and obviously Genoa and Milan all want him.

From abroad, I hope players like Nasri and Diego can end up here.

Maybe even Flamini.

Serie A badly needs to attract more up and coming players.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Barzagli, Amelia and Amauri could all move on at last aswell.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I expect Milan to push for Mexes becauise they have already said they like him, maybe in exchnage for Giladrino or Borriello, but I do not think he will move especially as he only renewed last summer and has had a successful season.

Milan will struggle to find the accomplished central defedner they need because if Mexes does not join them Barzagli is unlikely to either because, with Amaru moving to Juventus, Palermo will not want to lose their 2 biggest stars in one summer. They will probably have to look abroad.

Huntelaar may move this summer and Roma could be his destination. It would be great to see such a highly regarded young player arrive in Serie A. I expect Roma to buy a great striker this summer which might even be the most high profile transfer of the mercato in Serie A.

·
Registered
32,711 Posts
There's no way Milan would let Inter sign Borriello - they'd even rather let Genoa have him for free:D.

...and I can't see Gila at any club outside the top 4 wage spenders. Juventus are pretty much ruled out with the Amauri transfer. Inter won't buy him. That leaves us with Roma...?

Fiorentina maybe in a deal for Frey, but Gila's wages are up there.

Agree with Roadrunner on Huntelaar. Would much rather see him than, say, Drogba in Serie A. You may have a point re Barzagli, too.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
IMO Huntelaar would be a great signing for Roma, if I were Sensi, I would go for him over Gila no question. Fiorentina might have the wage budget to go for Gilardino and he could sure be useful to them, but as you mentioned Morierinho, it would probably be in a deal for Frey, and TBH a Gila-Frey swap would benefit Milan more than it would Fiorentina IMO.

·
Registered
17,535 Posts
Don't Milan own half of Borriello at least?

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
I don't know. As amazing as Frey is, they desperately need someone to take the goal scoring burden away from Mutu. Prandelli has got the best out of Gila before, why not again?

I'm sure Gila would jump at the chance. I'd be confident of him doing well also. He'd play as a lone striker and there'd be width on the right to get crosses into him, plus Mutu roaming about. Would love to see it happen personally.

I guess you have to consider which is best?

Fio without Frey but with Gila.

or

Fio with Frey but with Pazzini.

I know what I'd chose.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Why would Roma need Diego? Or was that just a joke? :confused:

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Dude, everyone needs Diego ;)

OMG, him and Totti would be spectacular.

They could do it ok I reckon. Drop Perrotta into central midfield or buy some hard working midfielder to play instead of Pizarro and then stick Diego behind Totti.

Might suffer in central midfield in terms of losing a passer but Diego in that Roma team would be mighty.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
IMO they are the same....I wouldn't want to take away Totti's role in the team by adding a Diego.....Both of those players function at their best when the play goes through them each and everytime. Diego is no Cassano or Mancini that plays off the ball. I dunno, I am probably wrong as usual, but that is my opinion. It would be a waste.

Another thing- they have Mancini, Totti, and Aquilani. Is Diego really necessary?

·
A true hero
31,428 Posts
Total waste, as awesome as Diego is, that'd be their whole summer budget probably. They need a striker.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts