Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) certainly, if we win the CL this year, mancini will stay...what if we don't win anything or only win the coppa italia?? should he stay for one more year or go for another great coach when one is available?

2) our defense is fine...maicon and maxwell are coming to strengthen our defense...there shouldn't be any major changes...

3) any big changes of our midfield will depend on what veron gonna do...we are unlikely to get ballack as the rumors say...if veron decides to leave and we fail to get our another target, riquelme, which is likely because we have to beat man utd for his signature...should we start pizarro? would someone like deco fit this team?? i feel someone like mascherano would fit this team nicely but he would cost a lot...but if moratti has 28m to sign henry, then why not this guy?

4) lastly, we are probably going to sign a striker in summer...and it could be either ronaldo, henry, or rvn...there are also other options like tavano, cassano, and tevez...should we need to sign one? if yes, then who should this striker be?

·
Registered
57,710 Posts
1) Mancini should stay for one more season regardless of winning a trophy or not. We're doing better than last season.

2) We're pretty much settled there, yes. For once... :D

3) In all honesty, I'm a bit puzzled as to who should we sign to replace Veron. This is the big question mark of the mercato... Perhaps we'll stick with Pizarro and just sign Volpi as his sub ? I don't know. Pizarro's a quality player, he needs more faith and confidence. And that will only come through PLAYING REGULARLY.

4) I may be the only one here that doesn't believe that we need to sign a striker. :stuckup: Sure, if we have the chance to sign a player like Henry, then by all means... :shades: :star:

What we need is Adriano and Martins back in form. Tavano is a talented player but he's NOT needed. I'd like to remind you guys that INTER had the strongest attack in the championship last season for 37 weeks, untill Juve played at home against an already assured of safety Cagliari side and put 4 goals past them so they finished the season as the most formidable attack. Have FAITH in our players. They're good enough.

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
posible changes i would like.

Keeper

De sanctis has impressed me on several occasions, i would him to replace Cesar. Cesar doesnt look very secure in my opinion.

Defense

I agree the defense is fine.S

Some players needs to leave here - miha, favalli and offcourse ze maria are out.

Midtfield

for midtfield i would like a cash+pizarro switch for de rossi, that would be a great but i doubt roma is willing to part with de rossi even though they want pizarro. Masherano would be a good option to, but would probably cost more and has bigger competition from other clubs than de rossi. But if we are to play with 2 DM's we need a better LW, robben could be an alternative since he is unsetled at chelsea and will be even more when ballack comes. If we continiue to play like now and veron leaves, riquelme is the best replacement or perhaps Diego from porto, he was supposed to be the biggest talent ever, he plays pretty good at porto but maybe he just needs to move to a "real" club to show his amazing potential.

some players in our midtfield needs to leave - kily, cesar(dont sign him!!), pizarro (if we can exchange), CZ will probably leave, i would like solari to stay but it might be unlikely.

Attack

We clearly need a new bigname striker. I dont want cassano he really hasnt impressed me, let him rot on the real bench, unless we can get him cheap, i dont consider him a big name. I would prefer henry or tevez, but i wont cry if we get ronaldo or RVN. I would like us to use our non-eu spot for sergio aguero, who has amazing talent.

I really want oba to leave the club, i dont think my heart can take another season of his poor finishing and running blindly arround the pitch like he doesnt know what the hell is going on. Would prefer recoba leaving to, but more so martins.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Cesar made some blunders last night, but that doesn't mean De sanctis is better than him, in my opinion Cesar should stay.

We definetely need someone new in attack............the question is, do we get someone who provides ammunition for Adriano or we get an out and out striker. :undecide:

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
My friend whose an ardent Man Utd fan called me up and told me 'RVN to Inter'

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Goal

We are sorted here. Toldo has looked great since he's been starting and Cesar is a very capable back-up. Don't forget we also have Carini, he'll be returing from loan next season. Three very good keepers.

Defense

The arrival of Maxwell and Maicon will complete our defense.

Midfield

This is what I'm undecided about. Everything depends on Veron's decision to stay or leave. I have a gut feeling he will stay so we won't need a playmaker. I would love to see Robben come, he's class but it's highly doubtful. We have so many left sided players ( Stankovic, Cesar, Solari, Kily ) and although I have seen Robben play on the right there is no way Figo will go to the bench for Robben to start.

For arguments sake lets say we sign him. Between Figo, Stankovic and Robben we are sorted on the wings ...you need at least 3 quality players with all the matches we'll be playing. Figo and Robben start with Stankovic able to come in on either wing for them. Solari/Cesar can be backup's.

Attack

We need a world class finisher if we are going to win anything. RVN would be perfect. Adriano would be free to move all over the place, pick up the ball deep and run at defenders while RVN sits in the box and on the last defender.

I would actually rather have RVN then Henry :eekani: Henry likes to come deep, pickup the ball, run at defender etc .....we already have a guy that does that, Adriano. We need someone who can just sit in the box and finish all the chances we create, for that RVN is second to none.

My ideal starting XI

Toldo

Zanetti-Corboba-Samuel-Maxwell

Figo -Veron-Cambiasso-Robben

Adriano-Ruud​

This would be a very hard team to beat

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I like this formation because it's a realistic one, we also need a good back up for Veron or maybe someone who's faster than Veron.

How about those guys from Lyon, Diarra & Juninho (obviously one of them).

I read on several sites that we are linked with Diarra, is he a Makelele/Essien type of player or is he a two way midfielder?

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
Roman2k said:
Goal

I would actually rather have RVN then Henry :eekani: Henry likes to come deep, pickup the ball, run at defender etc .....we already have a guy that does that, Adriano. We need someone who can just sit in the box and finish all the chances we create, for that RVN is second to none.
But this excatly our problem at the moment, Adriano is playing out of his initial position ATM like a half striker/half forward, he cant function as a forward, he is to big and cant dribble with both legs it limits his options. Adriano is a striker he needs to be in the box, thats why henry-adriano would be ideal. adriano-ruud wouldnt solve this problem at all.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1) seems like lecce is going down to serie B next season, with cz leaving, can we get ledesma and some of their good players like vucinic??

2) if we can not get henry, should we go after argentine whizkid aguero who is just 17?

3) figo is not getting young, should we look for a replacement like a. mancini?

4) camoranesi is available...should we go for him?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
i prefer Mancini then :D, dont know why but i dont like Camoranesi. but my first choice would be Quaresma :), fast, great skills, good crosses, and still young, dont know about his defensive abilitys though, but i like him very much...
and what do u guys think about Diego Lugano?? ive heard that hes a rock and a really great defender who could be one of the best defenders out there... ok i know we have Cordoba, who i think is good, but i just dont think he will ever be this worldclass defender, hes big liability at times, im not so sure about him anymore. and Burdisso who i hope for very much, but he dont seems to get his chance in the middle, Mancini even seems to prefer Materazzi ahead of him, feel sorry for him as i think he get the talent to become something big.. but if this guy Lugano is as good as ive heard then we should get him i think

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I think your midfield is set. Pizarro is certainly worth to be given a chance to fill Verons boots. One quality defender and one quality striker is all you need.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Im quite unsure about Manchini staying one more year, I cant see us winning in Italy with him, in the CL maybe but not in Italy.
We need another stricker someone instead of our current strickers Oba should be loaned out to a smaller club so he can gain back his confidence ,Cruz should be sold since we just dont use him enough ,Recoba .............too ffs I love the guy but those injuries ffs he is very usefull but only when he is not in hospital

·
Registered
57,710 Posts
Diego Lugano plays his football for Brasil's Sao Paolo.

The last thing we need is another centre-back, though... :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts