Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to take a look at the summer signings so far, and then the future ones as they happen, which i'm sure there will be plenty of.

Nathan Ellington - loan - said to be a loan fee of around 1.6 million
If Jewell gets him playing like he did at Wigan we're laughing, if he carries on playing like he has the last couple of seasons, we bugger him off.

Jordan Stewart - knows the championship, competition for McEveley.

Paul Connolly - free - don't know a great deal about him really, competition for Mears at right back.

Kris Commons - free - talented player, accused of being lazy, will be interesting to see how he goes.

Paul Green - free - heard good things about him, unlikely to be first choice, again interesting to see how he goes.

Steven Davies - tribunal - same as Commons and Green, another young lower league player with potential.

Personally think we have done some good early business, got in the best part of £5 million from Miller and Earnshaw as well, Jewell says we're still looking at a minimum of 4 more signings, a striker (possibly 2) a right winger, a centre mid and a centre defender. This is where the money will be spent, already a £2 million bid for Ferrie Bodde on the table, should continue to be an interesting and busy pre season.

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Derby were scouting some of the Austrian players in Euro 2008 and a reserve player on the Croatian team. I still think they need to go to the foreign market

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I have already posted my thoughts on Ellington and Stewart.

Connoly is a good signing. He is good in the tackle and is just one of those players that will give his all for the cause.

Green is decent and should be backup. Very hardworking and will make runs into the box all day but lacks technically to do much about it.

Commons is a great signing. Great attacking player who is great on either foot and knows how to beat his man. He is always been seen as a luxury player though due to his lack of fitness and workrate as well as consitency.

I don't know much about Davies to be honest and have seen him play once. Too be honest he looked like he had potential but wasn't good enough for the Championship yet. One thing that stood out was that he had a nice left foot and took all tranmeres set pieces

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Well after hearing about the signings of both Dickinson from Stockport and Albrecthsen from West Brom, you can't help but start to feel a little optimistic about going into the Championship next season. Although im not getting carried away about next season, I think all the new signings could help us in our push back to the Premiership!!!

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
two good signings, we already did more in a span of a few weeks to prepare for the Championship season than what we did all summer to prepare for the Premiership....:pp....:rollani:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jewell certainly wasn't lieing when he said there was going to be a complete revamp :)
Bodde is in the papers again saying he is desperate to come to Derby, wish Swansea would stop being c**ts.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I don't mean to burst your bubble but both signings aren't mega good. Albrechtson is pretty shit. All he has got is a bit of speed, a great attitude and two footedness which brings with it versatitilty. Weak, can't defend and can't attack. Shite signing.

Dickinson has potential but isn't worth a million pounds. He is big and strong, works hard and has a great attitude. Very raw and lacks so much in terms of technical and tactical ability.

I have not been impressed at all really with your signings but Bodde would be a brilliant capture.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lower league clubs have gone mad with what they expect to get for their players, and to be honest £750 000 which is what we've paid is hardly breaking the bank for what initially is likely to be 4th choice striker, unless he makes a big impact early on.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
european midfielder with champions league experience apparently on the radar according to the DET.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Marlon King and Rob Hulse are close to signing, think King will be a season long loan.

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
yep, Rob Hulse will be signing for Derby only if he passes the medical exam, the fee is 1.6 million pounds plus some add-ons which will make the deal 2 million pounds

King has some offers from the Premiership though, not sure if he will come here

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
King looks unlikely to come now.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The centre mid is a polish player coming from Porto, has a funny name, Kaz for short though :D

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Oster would be a good signing and I like him as a player. A real jinky winger and good at Championship level. Quick and very skillful, would be a good acquisition.

Hulse is a big bustling target man simple as that. Works hard, wins aerial battles and can hold the ball up. Also seems to be very good at getting that ball just across the line in penalty box scrambles..just something I have noticed.

Kaz will absolutely dominate the championship. Huge aerial threat from midfield and also packs a good shot on him so expect a few goals. Works hard and is a very cool player on the ball who just loves to take a touch and play the short pass. Would be an absolute brilliant player.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kaz is an exciting prospect, hope we can tie the deal up.
We need a target man for the rainy nights away at shyteholes like Burnley :D
And Osters a good player, i'd welcome him too add to the squad. Remember him dicking all over us for Grimsby a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hulse and Kaz deals completed :)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I doubt it, completely diferent player, Kaz looks to be far more suited to the english game, i wouldn't expect him to be the invisible man like Costa was.

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
two more foreign signings by the Rams made today. One is official, the other player needs a work permit

Andrejs Pereplotkins, 23 year old midfielder from Latvia who already trialed with the club and played in the FC Utrecht friendly match. It is a loan signing from Skonto Riga, but he has experience playing with Belgian giants Anderlecht.

Aleksandar Prijovic, 19 year old from Serbia who played for Parma in Italy. He is a striker and plays for the Serbian youth selections. The transfer is a free transfer, but he needs a work permit

1 - 20 of 25 Posts