Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While last year, when we bought some rejects who still are doing shit at the club (apart from Ronaldo), this summer fergie bought:

Heinze
Smithy
Rooney
Miller
Pique
So after nearly half the season gone, are you happy or dissapointed with the signings?
IMO, its been money spent perfectly. Heinze has been 1 of the best, if not our best player this season, Smithy is great when he is asked to play and he might become as important in the future as Ole :proud: was for us, and Rooney is showing signs of the player that he can be, and has 10+ years to give to the club.
Miller still has not got many games, but if he shows the form that he had at Celtic, he will be an important squad player for us.
Pique was signed on a free:D, and next year or the year after he will move to the 1st team, as he has been great for the reserves.

Its sad, when you think with the 15 million that we ****ed up last year :wallbang: , we could have had Albelda or Mascherano as a DMC too this season:(. Hopefully, in the summer fergie replicates this seasons signings and not last years :nervous:

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I dont think "fatty bum-bum" was a bad signing at all. The signings that were bad or are not paying dividends yet are Klebersond & Djemba x 2.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
You could have had Vicente and Albelda for the price you payed for fatty bum-bum
I'd have "fatty bum-bum" over any player you've bought in the last 10 years..

Put together. :D

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
SuicideDD said:
I'd have "fatty bum-bum" over any player you've bought in the last 10 years..

Put together. :D
If thats a serious comment I presume you're retared????

Don't just assume all of are signings have been bad because of a few bad signings made by Houllier, 10 years is a long time ya know.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
If thats a serious comment I presume you're retared????

Don't just assume all of are signings have been bad because of a few bad signings made by Houllier, 10 years is a long time ya know.
It was obviously tongue in cheek. :D

But not to rate him is equally silly.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
I said "You could have had Vicente and Albelda for the price you payed for fatty bum-bum" how do you get I don't rate him from that? btw I think you overpayed for him though

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think we signed Ngalula and Rossi too, who haven't done badly either. It is no doubt that Heinze has been the best summer signing, but I believe we still need a GK, DMC, LM and maybe a young attacking midfielder, if we are to seriously challenge next season.

·
International
9,526 Posts
David Gill was quizzed about new signings in the January transfer window.

When asked whether United are in the market for any New Year signings Gill told Sky Sports News:

"I don't think so. I think he [Ferguson] knows we bought Wayne Rooney in the summer. We're comfortable with the squad, we have a very full and good squad and we're comfortable with that."

Gill's also spoke of the importance of the Champions League to the club's finances 'going forward' - absolutely!

"It goes without saying that the Champions League is very important to the club. Everyone knows if they look at our results and analyse them that the Champions League is a key part of our income going forward. That's why we invest heavily in the squad and everything associated with the club so it's very important."

--------------------

He may have done so much to block Malcolm Glazer but what is it that makes football directors talk like cocks?

;)

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ngalula was signed last year I think, and yeah forgot about Rossi, who has been superb for both the youths and the reserves:)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Gil is stupid or what ? You cant sign 2-3 players ( Rossi, Pique, Floribert and co are too young to be regular first XI ) and say : ok thats, it were done, were great, and then say: why did we finnish 3rd ????

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He can't say something different as he will lose his job, as the shareholders won't vote for him. And anyways, don't listen to his words. He said once we bought Heinze and Smithy, that we won't sign anyone, and we signed Rooney(Sure, Newcastle made them do it), but if the club did not want to spend anymore, they wouldn't have.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Drito said:
He can't say something different as he will lose his job, as the shareholders won't vote for him. And anyways, don't listen to his words. He said once we bought Heinze and Smithy, that we won't sign anyone, and we signed Rooney(Sure, Newcastle made them do it), but if the club did not want to spend anymore, they wouldn't have.
"I don't think you'll ever see £30m or £40m spent on one player again at Manchester United."

Two weeks later - Rooney. :D

It's good negotiation talk.

Not like Kenyon who was forever saying "Oh yeah, we're rich. Loads of spare cash here."

Then we got raped in every transfer we ever attempted.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SuicideDD said:
"I don't think you'll ever see £30m or £40m spent on one player again at Manchester United."

Two weeks later - Rooney. :D

It's good negotiation talk.

Not like Kenyon who was forever saying "Oh yeah, we're rich. Loads of spare cash here."

Then we got raped in every transfer we ever attempted.
Yep :thmbup:, got ****ed on some deals very badly, Veron and Rio(he is a superb player, but we overpaid by 10m just because of the rich status), and on the most crucial deals that we could have had, the mother****er ****ed it for us for 1 or 2 millions....Robben and Ronaldinho( he wanted to go to Barca but if we had agreed a deal on the 1st time, before barca came in for him 2 weeks later we might have got him). :scream: :stress: :wallbang:

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Can never get over the Gachou deal....never!:rollani:

As for money not being available for next season....thats just BS!1We'll get the player Fergie picks out and I just hope that its the worldclass midfield general we need to replace Keano and direct the fantastic young talent that we have among us now.:)

·
Registered
497 Posts
If he says that, just cause od strategy, thats ok with me ( I know about rooney deal ) but if he realy means it, its crap...
Man U is one of the richest clubs, so 20-25 milions WISELY spent are nothin :) :)

Dont remind me on Ronaldinho.. we had him, everyhting agreed, and cause of 2-3 mil. difference, we lost him....

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
We will always regret not buying Ronaldinho. Robben would have been a great signing for us too. Well that's that I guess. We will have money this summer. Apparently we will be getting the Stam money....how will that be spent? And I agree with the people who think its all just a strategy.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Heinze has looked pretty good after a ropey start, i think you should play him at CB because he looks so much better than Silvestre, move Silvestre out to the flank where he won't get in the way so much.

Smith, i can't see what he adds bar kicking people.

Pique. haven't seen him yet.

Miller. looks a bit lightweight to me, bound to be injury-prone, laughable to me that Doc Rule claimed he was better than Scott Parker when you signed him.

Rooney, we all know he will be top class, what he has done so far is irrelevant.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Smith, i can't see what he adds bar kicking people.

Miller. looks a bit lightweight to me, bound to be injury-prone, laughable to me that Doc Rule claimed he was better than Scott Parker when you signed him.
Smith's superb. One of the best signings we've made in a long time. I was completely against him coming. I couldn't stand him when he was at Leeds.

How fickle I am. I love him now. He adds an agression, passion and will to win that we need. He's a good player as well. Holds the ball up as well as anyone since Sparky, good passer of the ball, good crosser(better than I expected), decent finisher, best header' of the ball in the team.

Quality signing, and doesn't mind a bit of bench time. He's really, really impressed me this year.

I've seen enough of Miller to say that he's just another average player to add to the Djemba, Kleb pile. :( Nowt special about him at all IMO. There's even rumours(heavy rumours) that our own players think he's rubbish.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts