Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been named Championship player of the month.

Well deserved, he's been incredible since he came to us, but what are the chances if him being a Derby player next season?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
:proud:

The guy must have a bad back they way he's carried this team, for the last 3 months. I'd love us to sign him. But as we don't know what league we will be in, how much he will cost, and whether there will be rivals for his signature, it's hard say whether it will happen.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
I reckon he'll want to try and get to a PL club, so don't see him being with us next season.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol not sure about that. Ince has been named Derbys young player of the year, that's a start I suppose.

Must be the first time the young player of the year is older than the player of he year. Ince is 3 years older than Will Hughes.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Will Hughes is the future ballon d'Or :hopeful:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ince is a good goalscorer, but he's not much of a team player. He will be after a big money move, he won't get that from Derby.

Will Hughes needs to add more goals to his game, to become the complete player. By far the best talent ever produced by our academy.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Judging by this,I think it's safe to say he won't be returning.

TOM Ince has thanked Derby County fans for their support during his loan spell at the club.

Ince scored 11 goals in 18 appearances after joining the Rams from Hull City.

The 23-year-old was named Derby's young player of the year but his stay ended in disappointment.

Steve McClaren's men missed out on a place in the Championship play-offs after losing 3-0 at home to Reading in their final game on Saturday.

Afterwards, Ince tweeted: "Thanks to all the derby fans for their terrific support during my time at the club.

"Both club, fans, players have been fantastic to me.

"It was a big heartache today but an experience still that I have enjoyed playing for Derby. Thanks again for all the support."

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Will Hughes needs to add more goals to his game, to become the complete player. By far the best talent ever produced by our academy.
Often a criticism of Hughes. I do believe if he had a settled attacking position in the team he would get more goals.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Latest rumour on ince, is that there was a sell on clause in the loan deal we had, which if we meet now, Hull now have to accept. Guessing they weren't banking on being relegated and wanting to keep him this season.

Seems we intend to meet the valuation set, which is why certain sources have been so adamant Ince will be coming back.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Hopefully the clause was a stupidly low price too :hopeful:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Schteve straight in with interest in Tom Ince :palm:

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hull have confirmed there's a 4.75 million, release clause for ince. Just a case of whether are willing to pay it I guess.

·
Registered
391 Posts
It's a lot of money for as yet unfulfilled potential. He'll score goals, if we can get some more awareness of teammates and some assists in his game, he will be one hell of a player.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Martin, bent, Wiemann and ince together would score a stupid amount of goals, that's the dream :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
If there was any doubt the board men business this season, then this answers that. He's got bags of talent which we saw last season, and he's young enough to improve in the areas he needs improving. Should score 15 goals minimum in a full season.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Awesome stuff, he has the potential to be a top player. What he needs is to be given the freedom to play.

Absolutely delighted Rob Earnshaw is no longer our record signing too :D

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Another piece of the jigsaw, and the club has publicly stated their intention to try and sign Shackell too.

Don't think the fans could ask for any more from the board this summer. They're putting their money where their mouth is as that say. Now we have to hope it pays off.

Also 4 years is a good long contract as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts