Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
59,052 Posts
Makeshift forward now at the Copa America because of Diego Tardelli not really being that good, but he always played as an attacking midfielder at Hoffenheim, so what's the formation going to be?

·
Registered
10,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Makeshift forward now at the Copa America because of Diego Tardelli not really being that good, but he always played as an attacking midfielder at Hoffenheim, so what's the formation going to be?
Play as a Second striker in a 442 diamond I'm assuming

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Get in! Absolutely made up. He can be our new Suarez in terms of that x-factor and giving us that extra bit of quality we need to challenge for honors.

Add Clyne and Bacca and I swear I'll never complain about our transfers again.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
I haven't seen him play really, but if he plays behind the striker, as a 10, does that mean Coutinho will play deeper?

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
No

Coutinho plays in the left , and Firmino plays behind the striker or he can fill the void.

As Sturridge is a forward that has a tendency to play more to the right, Firmino falls in like a glove. As he is very good on the movement and coming from behind filling up the empty spaces left by defenders and not convered by the center forward.

he is the best of two worlds, as he can fill the gap in attacking mid and in the center forward position (not being a center forward per say).

He has not played well in Copa America though, probably succumbing to the immense pressure. But i have faith he will come good with Brazil in the qualifiers.

Top buy and exactly what liverpool needed, and i have been asking for the past 2 months :)

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
So, a signing of intent, early in the transfer window, no drama, no other clubs pushing us around. Also a very talented player, young, one that has the whole fanbase excited like teenage girls.

This isn't like Liverpool, what the hell is going on? :eek:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Excellent work. He brings some "buzz" for our new season. Today, with Gerrard already left, and the world's best 20 year old leaving very soon, we needed something to raise some morale and build excitement for new season.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Haven't seen much of him, but sounds like a very good signing.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
STATS TIME!

44 – Only James Rodriguez (Real Madrid and Colombia) has been involved in more goals from midfield in the last two seasons

27 – No Bundesliga player has completed more through-balls in the last three seasons

10 – More league assists than any Liverpool player in 2014/15

32 – Coutinho & Sterling combined have scored just two more goals in the last two seasons

62 – Since his debut in Feb 2011, he has been involved in more goals (62) than any other Brazilian in the top five leagues

244 – The third most successful dribbler in Europe, Only behind Lionel Messi and Eden Hazard

9 – Ranked as the ninth best player in the top five European leagues last season. He has averaged 8/10 for two seasons in a row.

69 – Despite being an attacking midfielder, he won 69 tackles last season, more than any Liverpool player
From whoscored:

And those above are for last season when Hoffenheim's coach went quite defensive-minded. His historic stats are such:

As you can see, even though he scored far less goals than the previous season, his rating didn't dip by any significant level. He's been asked to play more cautiously.

And of course, there are more accurate nerd stats:

And lastly, confidence? Certainly:

RuElujZv6_Q

1 - 20 of 42 Posts