Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liverpool have today signed French hotshot David Ngog from Paris Saint Germain.

The 19-year-old becomes the fourth addition to Rafa Benitez's first-team squad after penning a four-year deal at Anfield

Ngog is one of the brightest young talents in French football.

His tally of just one goal from 18 league appearances last term was largely down to PSG's disappointing form – a contention backed up by his prolificacy on the international stage.

The lightning quick forward has scored goals at every youth level for France, including two absolute corkers against England Under-19s last season.

Ngog is the cousin of former Newcastle United defender Jean-Alain Boumsong.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Welcome to Liverpool.

Not a very hot prospect according to many who have watched him but PSG sucked last year, and even though he will not get many chances, lets hope he performs above expectations.

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
Never seen him play so am not going to judge him. From what i have heard from the PSG fan who have seen him, he is nothing special but then again PSG where really poor last season so with a better team hopefully he proves to be a better player. This could means the end of Voronin Liverpool career which would mean that Nemeth would get promoted:hopefully:.

Good Luck to him.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i do usually ask rafa to include nemeth in the 1st team.
from what you said guys about ngog, i predict him go directly to our reserves.

anyway, welcome ngog and good luck. ;)

·
African WC haha
5,934 Posts
To be fair i have never heard of this guy being 1 of the hottest talents in France, if he was he wouldn't have signed for you :pp

Anyway good luck to him:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
:D:D:D

The missing piece of the jigsaw!

·
Registered
293 Posts
He's the next David Bellion

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
haha, this is one fcuking funny thread

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I wish the lad well in his Liverpool career, hope he learns off fernando, even if he was half as good he'd still be worth having.

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
Rafa Benitez believes new signing David Ngog can make an impact in the Premier League next season despite his tender age.

The Liverpool boss knows his 19-year-old striker is not yet the finished article – though he does expect him to fight for a first-team place in 2008-09.

"He is training with the first team," Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv. "Maybe he would find it difficult to play 90 minutes right now, but he will be able to.

"Normally he will be available for the first team next season. He is a player who wants to improve quickly, so he will learn and then settle down.

"We have known the player for one or two years. He was in the last year of his contract and was a good price. He is a young player and has a lot of experience to gain, but he can also give a lot to us now as well as in the future."

It has become customary for imported strikers to be labelled 'the next (insert the name of talented player from same country)' – but it's a trap Benitez is keen not to fall into.

Instead the Spaniard wants supporters to decide for themselves who Ngog most resembles.

"He can play as a target man, but he is not strong because he is still very, very young," said Benitez. "He has quality, though. He can keep the ball and pass it, and he has good movement.

"I think he has game intelligence, and yes, okay, he needs to improve physically a bit, but that will come with time and he works really hard.

"It would be difficult to compare him to anyone now, I would advise the supporters to see him play and then it will be easier for them.

"There are players with his qualities in England but the supporters can decide whether he is like Emmanuel Adebayor or Nicolas Anelka or whoever. I don't like to think too much about this."
If he is ahead of Nemeth the Rafa has lost his mind

1 - 20 of 38 Posts