Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe not. Degen was crap in Dortmund and I doubt that he'll do any better in the Premier League. A midtable team might have wanted to sign him as a decent backup for the wingback position, but Liverpool...? The only thing going for him is that he came on a Bosman.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
A sign of things to come? What an exciting summer we have in prospect. Benitez signing half rate nobodies on bosmans and splashing lots of cash misguidedly on overrated Englishmen.

First it was going to be Daniel Alves, then Rafina, now Degen. Yes, I can see the progression :thmbdown:

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i don`t know what to say .. but let me welcome him for some obvious reasons , e.g :

-
Rob said:
he's more dynamic than Finnan or Arbeloa going forward
- free transfer to liverpool ... and i he can`t prove himself , we `ll not lost anything ( voronin for example ) also , we already own Finnan and Arbelo as RB too .
- he looks to play for a top team and has the desire to succeed at anfeild .

i fear his failure :scared:

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
A sign of things to come? What an exciting summer we have in prospect. Benitez signing half rate nobodies on bosmans and splashing lots of cash misguidedly on overrated Englishmen.

First it was going to be Daniel Alves, then Rafina, now Degen. Yes, I can see the progression :thmbdown:
:lala:

-----------------

i`ve read this in RAWK

Degen is one of the worst Player in the German Bundesliga. I can´t understand that Raffa is interested on him?
sound isn`t good :scared: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
I don't know what to make of this... Hopefully he proves us all wrong, but I can't help it but feel that this is a Voronin like signing...

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
wtf is this bollocks, I know I may be unfair on Degen or something but he is not one of Europe' top rightacks and it contrasts the levels of us and utd and chelski. Whilst they flirt and sign the likes of Bosingwa we pick up the left overs of others. We have small club resources and as a consequence mentality because we sign crappy players to fill our squad and these players give us nothing, usually I am prepared to give a chance to players but this has happened so long and I know how it will pan out that frankly I could'nt give a shit. Is this what Parry meant by selling the family jewel's once :yuck:

Everytime this shit happens it makes me more sick as to how Parry and Moores fvckd the takeover up. :mad: This signing emphasises our lack of progression and why we will not catch our rivals.

·
Registered
44,362 Posts
Maybe not. Degen was crap in Dortmund and I doubt that he'll do any better in the Premier League. A midtable team might have wanted to sign him as a decent backup for the wingback position, but Liverpool...? The only thing going for him is that he came on a Bosman.
Agreed, he's also been very injury-prone this season so I don't really understand why Liverpool decided to sign him.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Reminds me of Milan signing Brocchi :D

Not exactly the signing that will take you from 4th to 1st, still too early, it's only May anyway, but this probably means no Rafinha..

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I must say I am surprised by this.

Degen has one good thing and that's his 'tenacity.' As far as actual footballing skills, he's extremely limited and more suited to the likes of Wigan, Reading, etc. I am shocked to see him sign for such a big club. He is defensively very weak, has huge lapses of concentration throughout the 90 minutes, and must get yelled at by his keeper more than almost every other full-back in Europe.

Very shocking signing, I don't rate Degen at all.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
oh , actually i`m sad for the info and comments on him till now .
and regarding to that , it seems he doesn`t deserve to wear the red shirt .:moan:

Crazyhorse7778 said:
I remember all the amateur scouts on RAWK last summer saying Torres was a poor finisher.

Personally, I was impressed by Degen in the world cup and I think he'll surprise a few people.
i wish they`re mistaken once again .. but what about our mates comments here in XT ?

none has praised this move . :lala:

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Although full back is definitely a more important position than it used to be, I can see where Rafa is coming from with this. Better spending less on a right back so you can spend big on a winger than signing Rafinha for 6 million or so and then not being able to sign a big player.

And Degen isn't that bad from what I've seen. He's dynamic, probably the best attribute for an attacking full back these days, and has reasonable ability from what I've seen of him.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Nice to see Liverpool signing premium European talent, I thought he could replace Gary Neville, it's a shame you beat us to him. Now we'll have to go for Alves or Lahm :(

Just been told Lahm's signed a new contract, looks like we'll have to get Mr Alves.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
i agree with Mutu. There are more important places to spend limited funds. Finnan Arbeloa Degen aren't too bad and now Rafa has more to spend on more important positions (Winger)

1 - 20 of 79 Posts