Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
friendly minnow
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I can't with this football talk anymore. Let's take our minds off of things and talk about summer and stuff. Are all my SoCal Armos going to Palm Springs and the desert cities? Or Vegas? Santa Barbara? Yerevan? In July there's the recently NCAA-certified Navasartian Games and Festival. There's also a Galaxy vs. United friendly for anyone that's interested.

You can't spend your entire summer at the Americana, after all. :nono:

(I didn't want to post this in Off-topic because that thread is just a mishmash of posts and there's no real discussion.)

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I'm going to Portugal and will be visiting my cali armos in LA mid july.

Will maybe snuck in a quick yerevan trip late summer, take care of the biznes over there you dig?

·
Banned
121 Posts
You'll probably see Ghazaryan and Manucharyan chilling at hookah lounges and cafes.
I saw Arzumanyan with a girl sitting next to cascad, Haroyan with a girl next to opera, and Manoyan in tashir pizza dalma.

It's probably nothing special for locals to see them but for someone living in Paris like me it's surprising.

By the way does anybody know how much earn players from armenian league in general ?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I saw Arzumanyan with a girl sitting next to cascad, Haroyan with a girl next to opera, and Manoyan in tashir pizza dalma.

It's probably nothing special for locals to see them but for someone living in Paris like me it's surprising.

By the way does anybody know how much earn players from armenian league in general ?
The more financially stable clubs like Banants, Shirak, and Gandzasar probably pay their players 2-3 thousand dollars a month. I read an article about Alashkert FC's owner Bagrat Navoyan and he said the club's players get paid around 1.5 to 2 thousand dollars a month. It really depends on the club. But there's been plenty of incidents of clubs not paying their players on time(Ulisses). Abraham Khashmanyan even said that when he first became manager of Ararat, the players were getting paid 400 bucks a month. It's very sad but then again what can you do. Armenian clubs don't make any profit.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts

If you go out on a bar round you'll see everyone on Armenian tv

·
friendly minnow
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It took two posts for this thread to circle 'round back to football and I was the one who started it, lol. :notlist:

On top of that, I'm a total hypocrite because after making my original post I ended up going to the Americana. :D

·
friendly minnow
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you guys know there's an Armenian church in the Palm Springs area (Rancho Mirage)? I saw it on my last trip there and it was only built a few years ago. Lol, I guess the Armenian retirees over there got tired of driving out to L.A.

They call it the "Armenian Apostolic Church of the Desert." :D

Don't forget to visit and light a candle if you sin a lot in Palm Springs and the desert cities.

·
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
1,312 Posts
Going to stay out here and fry in the Tucson heat and go to Tombstone, Yuma & Bisbee pretty often since the Western days are pretty interesting. Definitely going to catch a ton of FC Tucson games as well.

Will definitely go up to Maricopa County a few times, possibly go out East to New Mexico.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Aren't shops like tommy, calvin klein etc really cheap in the U.S compared to europa?

That's what I've heard anyway.
Det är galen skillnad på priserna här och där, speciellt på polotröjor och sånt. Var där förra sommaren, blev helt chockad.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts