Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corvino starting early with a trip to Brazil - watch out for the swine flu Panteo! :D

Fiorentina director of sport Pantaleo Corvino has flown to Brazil on a fresh scouting mission, according to La Nazione.

Corvino will break his stay up into three stages, the first of which will be in Sao Paulo, where he intends to watch Miranda, the talented 24-year-old defender.

He will then travel to watch Cruzeiro, Ronaldo's former team, where Jonathan, another highly rated young centre-back, plays.

Jonathan is interesting a lot of big clubs and has an added attraction in that he possesses a European passport.

The last leg of Corvino's tour will take in Gremio, the team with whom Milan's Ronaldinho started his career.

Corvino is reportedly keen to start a feeder club arrangement with Gremio, who are renowned for developing some of the world's best young talent

I like that he's alledgedly looking to defenders. The Gremio idea is great though.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I like that he's alledgedly looking to defenders.
Probably after years of watching various Dellia Carri, Di Loreto or Kroldrup & Dainelli, he has decided it's time to do something!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Hopefully you guys have a strong mercato and do some business for Serie A should you reach CL. Last 16 of that tournament would be an aim if you get 4th.

·
Registered
32,710 Posts
Hopefully you guys have a strong mercato and do some business for Serie A should you reach CL. Last 16 of that tournament would be an aim if you get 4th.
The aim should be to avoid the likes of Arsenal, VAlencia or Bayern in the qualifying round, first and foremost. :neutral:

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Let me correct you, the very first aim has to be to finish top 4 actually.

·
Registered
590 Posts
He will then travel to watch Cruzeiro, Ronaldo's former team, where Jonathan, another highly rated young centre-back, plays.

Jonathan is interesting a lot of big clubs and has an added attraction in that he possesses a European passport.
Jonathan is right-back.. not center.

Maicon played in my team at the same age of Jonathan is now, and Jonathan doing better. I think Jonathan can be a greater right-back. My guess 5M euros for him is a great bargain.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're linked with a host of defenders now:

Zapata and Feilpe (again)
Panucci and Juan :drunk:
Burdisso :thmbdown:

Sadly the most realistic would be Panucci and Burdisso as they are not their clubs favourites. Zapata would be amazing but I can't see it financially.

Corvino should search high and low through Eastern Europe and find us the next Vidic (this time don't let him get away!). :D

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Well Burdisso is not the best of those players, but he is not as bad as his recent form shows either. I believe he could be a good signing if he comes cheap.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Very likely seems Campagnaro of Sampdoria, I'm not sure though, whether he'd play in centre or as right back.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very likely seems Campagnaro of Sampdoria, I'm not sure though, whether he'd play in centre or as right back.
God knows we need both.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Palombo has renewed contract in Sampdoria and Crespo seems on the way to Genoa, so two of possible targets seem pretty far right now.

Pity for Palombo, I'd really like to see him with us.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I don't think i'm too upset to be losing Crespo. I think Genoa is a better move for him, he'll get alot more time.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Corvino seems quite pissed at Crespo and especially his agent over the whole thing. Hopefully he takes it as a personal mission to pull something out the bag and land a real surprise.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
490 Posts
According to me,my opinion for this mercato is very simply.We need only 4 player and no-one more.Two deffenders(right and central)one player in the middle and one player who can replace Gilla.
Central back(Ivanovic,Luissao,Zapata)
Right back(Zuniga,Ivanovic,Migel)
Middle player(Lucho Gonzales,Ambrosini,Palombo,Veloso)player with experience
Attack player(Cruz,Crespo,Iaquinta,Dembele)

And this is my ideal formation

Gilardino

Mutu---------------Jovetic-------------Dembele

Melo---------------------Montolivo
Vargas Ivanovic

Gamberini------------Zapata

Frey
-Daineli
-Mazuch
-Comoto
-Kuz
-new
-Santana
-new

Out-Semioli,Donadel(maybe),Da Costa,Kroldrup,Jorgensen,Gobbi

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree on what we need but I can´t see us getting Zapata. Will be bid out of it realistically. Ivanovic would be nice but Hiddink played him alot in the CL this year and he´ll be more expensive and harder to get I imagine.

-----------------------Frey--------------------------
Campangaro-----Subotic-----------Gamberini------Pasqual
----------------Melo---------Montolivo---------------
----Santana----------Jovetic--------------Vargas----
-----------------------Gila---------------------------

That´s what I´d like to see. Mutu might be staying though meaning Jovetic will spend another year as a bit part player. Obviously I would prefer a more established defender but I cant see it happening. We´ll get a young up and comer like Subotic.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Some fallen giants in the EPL - Newcastle and Middlesborough.

Can we raid them for any specific players? Not that I've seen much of either side, it just seems to me for a player to jump from potential championship to CL, they would take a massive pay cut.

Coloccini?
Martins?
Bassong?

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Some fallen giants in the EPL - Newcastle and Middlesborough.

Can we raid them for any specific players? Not that I've seen much of either side, it just seems to me for a player to jump from potential championship to CL, they would take a massive pay cut.

Coloccini?
Martins?
Bassong?

M. Viduka n Martins.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Having seen the EPL all season what struck me most about Newcastle players was how little any of them seemed to give the slightest **** about the club and putting in some effort. Against Villa, last day of the season, 1-0 down, half time and what do they do....... come out in the 2nd half even more half-assed and dont threaten the Villa goal. I wouldnt want any players like that on our team. That and I dont like Newcastle :D

Middelsborough have very little to want really - Arca or Tuncay - wouldnt be mad about either

If we had to take Newcastle players (maybe Prandelli would improve them)

Bassong - could be alright and still young. Looking the best defender at Newcastle is a piece of piss though
Martins - if he didnt mind playing second fiddle to Gila. Dont think he'd fit the team though.

All the others are past it or dont seem to care (Viduka, Owen, Duff etc)

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I haven't seen neother a minute of Newcastle or EPL matches this year, but how could they get relegated is a mystery for me!

1 - 20 of 280 Posts