Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1855 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The winter mercato will open in a couple of weeks. I am not sure if we will open it following the Matchday 13 weekend (the halfway point of our league season), when the actual Serie A winter mercato opens, or somewhere in between. I will decide soon.

Here is the credit budget status for all XT Serie A teams:

ac milan foreva - 580 spent, 20 remaining
Amiumtaur - 465 spent, 135 remaining
Andrey - 579 spent, 21 remaining
Anomander Rake - 600 spent, 0 remaining
CinqueDiMaggio - 541 spent, 59 remaining
Deano - 571 spent, 29 remaining
ilgenio - 583 spent, 17 remaining
naervod - 544 spent, 56 remaining
Osman - 591 spent, 9 remaining
Pavel - 536 spent, 64 remaining
Pietro - 600 spent, 0 remaining
Romanista10 - 591 spent, 9 remaining
saviola - 546 spent, 54 remaining
Thotobald - 600 spent, 0 remaining

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
AS Ripi is on the verge of a firesale. With the exceptions of Totti and Kaka', anyone is available for a trade.

Specifically looking to deal Maccarone, Gasbarroni, Vucinic, Cambiasso, Martinez, Kharja, or Galloppa. Any serious deals will be strongly considered. As long as the deal isn't an insult, like offering 2 reserves for a sure starter, anything is possible.

Looking for a striker, offensive minded midfielder, or a solid SM.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
I hope Almiron leaves serie A so i can sell him for my bidding price and buy a starting CM or CB (for whatever team as long as he starts).

These are the only 2 positions i need to enforce.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Let us know when this is offically open.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
Aslong as it somewhat coincides with the real transfer windows deadline, it would be swell. Wouldnt be fun to compete for the few players around with those who have so many credits :pp

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Fingers crossed a big player enters the league so I can snap him up.

I made a note of four players I want to sign on the free transfers list already.

Gamberini, Delvecchio and Amauri are keepers for me. Any other players we can talk.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
My defense is set and solid, but I'm looking to retool my midfield and attack. I'm looking for a more attacking-minded central midfielder and will almost certainly be dropping the ever-injured Paro. Kerlon is also probably going to go as it seems he is unable to break into the Chievo first team and I can't afford to hold onto him for the future. Shevchenko and Zalayeta are almost certainly on the way out too, Cossu I will keep.

R10, I might be interested in Vucinic and/or Kharja. I might be willing to part with Floro Flores and/or Santana for these players. What do you think?

Zárate and Maicon are my only players that I will absolutely not part with, but it will have to take a good offer to prize away some of

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
R10, I might be interested in Vucinic and/or Kharja. I might be willing to part with Floro Flores and/or Santana for these players. What do you think?
Vucinic (10 starts: 2 goals, 1 assist) has more upside than Floro Flores (7 starts, 4 subs: 3 goals, 4 assists) who is not even a sure starter. There is a reason why you want Vucinic when Floro Flores is having a better year...Floro Flores is set to ride the bench. :D

Kharja (13 starts: 2 goals) has done more than Santana (8 starts, 3 subs: 0 goals, 2 assists) who is prone to injury as well.

I'd have to decline on both offers. I am trying to improve, I think either deal makes my team worse.

Also, don't forget the "hate" factor. I had Floro Flores on my team last season and he was one of the worst players in the league. I had Santana on my team in 2004/05 and he was awful. I can't forget these things cause I hate them both...haha.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
My defense is set and solid, but I'm looking to retool my midfield and attack. I'm looking for a more attacking-minded central midfielder and will almost certainly be dropping the ever-injured Paro. Kerlon is also probably going to go as it seems he is unable to break into the Chievo first team and I can't afford to hold onto him for the future. Shevchenko and Zalayeta are almost certainly on the way out too, Cossu I will keep.

Zárate and Maicon are my only players that I will absolutely not part with, but it will have to take a good offer to prize away some of
Dude I have Denis and Lavezzi so getting Zalayeta would be VERY sweet since that would mean that I will always have all Napoli main attackers.

How about getting one of your own in Stellone???
He seems to be breaking in the 1st team for Torino recently and he even scored on Sunday and I think he has many more goals in him.

Well you know him best so what do you say?
Zalayeta for Stellone straight swap?

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Hey R10,

Where can I find the spreadsheet with all the players on it? I forget whether or not we are still using the briefcase, or what the password is if we still have it. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, will Corriere have the accumulated assist statistics or is there another place where you are finding them? GdS doesn't have them.

@acmf - Still considering the offer, I'm going to wait until the market opens before making any decisions.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AI Melo hacked and destoyed the briefcase so everything must be done via email. I have everyone's email addresses so one week before the winter market opens, I will send one mass email to all with the rosters and free agents. Please do not ask me to send the list before then. It will save me time to do it just one time.

I don't know where you can find goals/assists stats besides Gazzetta dello Sport. Perhaps the official Serie A site?

At this time, Matchday 13 (our halfway point) is this weekend, December 6/7. We will likely open the winter mercato on December 15.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Sounds good about the market, though where do you get those assist statistics? Did you just add them up from our recorded scores?

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To naervod: yes, I added up the assists from the accumulated scores.

To Amiumtaur: the winter mercato will remain open until the actual Serie A one closes.

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Considering that I wasted 65 credits on Crespo, who hardly even gets to warm the San Siro bench, let alone play a match, I'm hoping he leaves for Madrid so I'll regain 65 credits for a winter signing :hopeful:

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Would you guys want to incorprate loan deals into this mercato?

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Yeah, i thought of it and it sounds as a good idea.
Btw, shoulndt you open a thread where we can start discussing the possible future change of the system to something similar to the spanish one?

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, i thought of it and it sounds as a good idea.
Btw, shoulndt you open a thread where we can start discussing the possible future change of the system to something similar to the spanish one?
I will when I think of a system to use. We are not using the Spanish one. I'd like to think up of something entirely ours and with emphasis on simplicity. I don't want to put something in place that is complicated and involves people losing their best players. We need to make a system where there is a budget in place, player contracts with salary per season, etc.

The loan idea is something I want to do, but I can't see how we do it until the new system comes into place. Then theoretically we would have "money" to give other teams for the 6 month loan of a player. For example, why would anyone loan me a player for my lousy 9 credits available?

Also, we can't really loan players out when we just retain 4 of them. I am keeping Totti, Kaka', Maggio, and Simplicio...so if I am loaning out Cambiasso, he won't be returning to me next season as I won't own him.

Any thoughts on this matter are appreciated.

1 - 20 of 1855 Posts