Xtratime Community banner

who had the best mercato?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Juventus did not really do much, they kept hold of Vidal and Pgba which is a big plus though and added good depth. Never got that extra striker they wanted though

Milan had a good mercato considering the spend too... if Torres comes good then it will be a good season for them. Menez will play well back in Serie A based on the game v Lazio and El Sha without Balo is a different player.

Inter added solid depth signings, but nothing significant to their team. Will be a solid season for them and will fight for top 3.

Roma of course had a good transfer market even with the loss of Benatia. Got rid of 1 defender and replaced with 3 solid CB signings, 1 of which we hope will be a top player (Manolas). Iturbe's performances are the key to how good it really is though.

Napoli did not have the worst mercato, but also did not sort out key issues.

Fiorentina bought so many players I could not even say, and a lot of them I have not really seen before. To be seen I guess...

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
No top team had a great mercato, Roma marginally the best imho.

·
Registered
15,378 Posts
In my opinion Milan have had the best mercato. I judge it by where the club was at and where it is now in terms of the overall strength of the squad. Countless players that were either a huge burden on the books or just mediocre players have either left for good or been loaned out, and several players have been brought in that have bolstered the quality of the squad.

Also this is the first time in many years that Milan have had a genuine plan and stuck to it. Due to no European football for the club, the first move was to trim down the size of the squad, which has been achieved. Of course there are still a few names that are surplus to requirements, but this squad isn't bloated with deadwood like it was.

Then with the players that have come in, they have for the most part been signings that have filled gap in the squad or been a sound tactical choice, for very little money. Milan have lacked good defenders for a long time and brought in Rami and Alex for very little money. Left back was a very weak link in the team. Both have gone and Armero was brought in, who is an instant upgrade. Menez came on a free transfer and is a good fit for Inzaghi's 4-3-3 tactics. Abbiati isn't a bad keeper but certainly an area which needed improvement, and Diego Lopez was by far and away the best available choice.

Roma have had a very good mercato too, and to a slightly lesser extent the same can be said of Juventus. But both teams were already strong last season so there wasn't the same need for them to make huge strides forward. Milan desperately needed to improve the squad dramatically and this has been done pretty well.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
I think Juve had the best mercato, keeping Vidal & Pogba give them bonus comparing to other teams who lost atleast 1 of their stars, so Juve kept the stars with some decent additions so they are still the team to beat !

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
No team had a great mercato.

Milan and Romas were decent. Rube and fiorentina somewhat acceptable. Napoli's was poor and Inters was bizarrely bad, its difficult to fully comprehend just how bad it was tbh, amazing.

Overall, quite a pathetic mercato and another sign of show shit this league is.

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
Generally agree with the overall assessment in this thread. Posting this by Gazzetta to give some overall picture of their ratings:

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
No way our mercato is a 7.5, when you look at their line up and only Evra is the signing who is a starter. And Marchisio as trequartista, i mean really....Our mercato is nothing more than a 5 out of 10.

Roma by far the best mercato, only team which added genuinely exciting talent to their squad.

Milan is second best, they definitely made multiple signings which improved them but at the same time, that may not be saying much given how bad they were previously. But they certainly made the biggest jump in quality regardless.

Inter's mercato was mediocre.

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
Those are some hilarious ratings from GdS.

Rube and Fio are 6 at best (as 6 is the lowest acceptable score on GdS scale), Inter should be a 4.

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
i liked fiorentinaz activities da most.they kept hold of their best talents nd added sum gud plyrs in marin,basanta nd badelj.

wasnt expecting cuadrado to stay and i was expecting gomez 2 go back to germany as well.

really hope they make da ucl next year.they have enough depth to have a decent EL campagin as well so hope this works out.

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
I made a review of Milan's mercato and I rate it as the second best just after Roma. I gave Milan an 8 and Roma an 8.25. Juve got a 6.5 from me, and Inter a 6.0. I guess I would change my vote to Roma, but only on the condition that Iturbe would not flop and succeed. So I just voted for Milan here cause I'm biased. LOL.

Inter had some good additions in midfield... like Medel and possibly M'Vila (if he keeps a good attitude). But they loaned out Alvarez and Botta without any reinforcements. Very strange. At least one should have been kept. And their attempt at Bonaventura backfired, and he joined their biggest rival. If Icardi gets injured, they are in big trouble up front.

Edit: In all honesty, maybe I would rate Milan and Roma as equal in the mercato.

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
Milans Mercato deserves an 8 if they are a small or mid level club. For a big club it's nowhere good enough...

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Na, not for a small or mid table club. Milan made enough additions to aim for a top spot in the Serie A I believe (at least on paper). But it depends on how well the team gels together and performs.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts

9 new players, more than half of them would walk straight into any Serie A starting eleven. All brought in for ~ 25 mil net. Yet some put Milan's freebies above this.

lol :D

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
Thats just 14 out of 20 teams in the league, it was posted in another forum that I copied it from, no idea, but I'm sure they must have rated them too.

·
Registered
7,786 Posts

9 new players, more than half of them would walk straight into any Serie A starting eleven. All brought in for ~ 25 mil net. Yet some put Milan's freebies above this.

lol :D
That's funny you post that image. Considering several of those WERE FREEBIES. You only spent big on two players, but you didn't really. You sold other players and basically only had a net loss of 9 million (between the sales and purchases).

Keita - Freebie that would sit on Milan's bench.
Emanuelson - Freebie brought to you by Milan, total Milan reject who failed to make an impression and failed to impress in the EPL too. Don't play him as a LB. Mark my words.
Ashley Cole - Wouldn't walk into our squad, probably be a bench player.
Salih Ucan - He's a gamble, and some say he wasn't really impressing in Turkey because of his rotten attitude. Expensive loan that will cost you 4 million euros (and not his salary), if you keep him 12 million euros in total.
Astori - No better than any of our CBs.
Yanga-Mbiwa - He never impressed at Newcastle. Never was a starter either.

Manolas - He's a GOOD CB... maybe very good, but he seems to be more muscle and less brain (Mexes anyone?).
Iturbe - A potentially great signing but a big gamble.

Maybe I'm missing someone... didn't name Sanabria because I don't know enough about him. Probably will sit on the bench imo.

By the way if you want to compare freebies, our freebies were younger and better. Armero is younger than Cole and is a fast attacking LB/LWB. The rest aren't better and we already have El Shaarawy impressing for us. Yanga Mbiwa and Astori are no better than the CBs we have (far from it).

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
Cole is better then both De Sciglio and Armero, wouldnt advocate signing him persé, but putting it out there. De Sciglo is INSANELY overrated, not even sure what he brings to Milan or Azzurri, and I usually get overly excited by italian talents. But genuinly stumped what good he does on the pitch, cant defend for much nor is he whatsoever capable offensively.

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Cole is better then both De Sciglio and Armero, wouldnt advocate signing him persé, but putting it out there. De Sciglo is INSANELY overrated, not even sure what he brings to Milan or Azzurri, and I usually get overly excited by italian talents. But genuinly stumped what good he does on the pitch, cant defend for much nor is he whatsoever capable offensively.
LOL! That's totally false. He's way past his best and he is better than neither of them. Maybe like 3-4 years ago he definitely was, but he's over the hill. De Sciglio is not insanely overrated. Sure talk down on Milan. De Sciglio does very well defending and he's quite good in attack as well. But hey, keep overrating the over the hill Cole. By the way, Armero is an all attack leftback and he's better offensively than Cole or De Sciglio.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts