Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
69,976 Posts
You´ll play against Barça?

Then you know what happens in those games...

...Barça win and you lose :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
You´ll play against Barça?

Then you know what happens in those games...

...Barça win and you lose :D
If I'm not mistaken we drew twice and lost one in the last three games. Bati silenced Nou Camp with his long-range stunner in the Cup Winners' Cup game 1997 (1-1) and Bressen scored one of the best goals I've ever seen when Barca visited Florence in 1999 (3-3). But yeah, we did lose the away game by 2-4 the same year. Still, 0-2-1 against the Spanish giant isn't too bad.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i think both games will be so useful for the viola . both az and barca are big clubs who look for a good preseason as well .

·
Registered
69,976 Posts
If I'm not mistaken we drew twice and lost one in the last three games. Bati silenced Nou Camp with his long-range stunner in the Cup Winners' Cup game 1997 (1-1) and Bressen scored one of the best goals I've ever seen when Barca visited Florence in 1999 (3-3). But yeah, we did lose the away game by 2-4 the same year. Still, 1-2-0 against the Spanish giant isn't too bad.
Yep, I remember those games, especially the Cup Winners Cup ones. We drew 1-1 at Camp Nou but we won 0-2 in Florence. We later won the tournament.

The awesome Bressan goal in 1999 in CL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY8TO_5G6Vs

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The greatest thing about it was that he was about the least likely player on the pitch to pull that off.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
great goal!

I still can remember the Batigol 'shhhhhh'!

I like the schedule so far! Wouldn't mind throwing in a South American tour with good old Gabriel around to drum up a little interest/support. Also a great way to see some youngsters at work against us.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Great, great goal! Of all his goals he scored for us this one is considered one of the most beautiful. Against Barcelona in the Cup Winners' Cup IIRC?

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Is the Barcelona game confirmed to be 30th of July? Barcelona's website has confirm it, no hour though. I'm planning to be there so I guess it's time to fix the travelling details in time. ;)

Any tips for a good hotel in Florence?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Oops. I think I misplaced my previous post. I'll double-post it here though. Viola win 12-0 in a friendly against Sciliar.

Goals by:
Pazzini (3)
Santana (2)
Da Costa (2)
Semioli (2)
Osvaldo
Gilardino
Jovetic

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Apparently the weather conditions in Castelrotto were awful, with heavy rain and fog.

Interestingly, Mazuch played the whole game and started the first half as Right Back.

... and Gila missed a penalty...

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Interestingly, Mazuch played the whole game and started the first half as Right Back.
Very interesting indeed, it was just to make him play, or is it a sign for comming season?

Btw, Pazzini it seems finally found his level of opponents :pp

1 - 20 of 24 Posts