Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
You´ll play against Barça?

Then you know what happens in those games...

...Barça win and you lose :D
If I'm not mistaken we drew twice and lost one in the last three games. Bati silenced Nou Camp with his long-range stunner in the Cup Winners' Cup game 1997 (1-1) and Bressen scored one of the best goals I've ever seen when Barca visited Florence in 1999 (3-3). But yeah, we did lose the away game by 2-4 the same year. Still, 0-2-1 against the Spanish giant isn't too bad.

·
Registered
71,184 Posts
If I'm not mistaken we drew twice and lost one in the last three games. Bati silenced Nou Camp with his long-range stunner in the Cup Winners' Cup game 1997 (1-1) and Bressen scored one of the best goals I've ever seen when Barca visited Florence in 1999 (3-3). But yeah, we did lose the away game by 2-4 the same year. Still, 1-2-0 against the Spanish giant isn't too bad.
Yep, I remember those games, especially the Cup Winners Cup ones. We drew 1-1 at Camp Nou but we won 0-2 in Florence. We later won the tournament.

The awesome Bressan goal in 1999 in CL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY8TO_5G6Vs

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
great goal!

I still can remember the Batigol 'shhhhhh'!

I like the schedule so far! Wouldn't mind throwing in a South American tour with good old Gabriel around to drum up a little interest/support. Also a great way to see some youngsters at work against us.

·
Registered
9,047 Posts
Is the Barcelona game confirmed to be 30th of July? Barcelona's website has confirm it, no hour though. I'm planning to be there so I guess it's time to fix the travelling details in time. ;)

Any tips for a good hotel in Florence?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Oops. I think I misplaced my previous post. I'll double-post it here though. Viola win 12-0 in a friendly against Sciliar.

Goals by:
Pazzini (3)
Santana (2)
Da Costa (2)
Semioli (2)
Osvaldo
Gilardino
Jovetic

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Interestingly, Mazuch played the whole game and started the first half as Right Back.
Very interesting indeed, it was just to make him play, or is it a sign for comming season?

Btw, Pazzini it seems finally found his level of opponents :pp

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.