bjb7223 said:
Wayne Bridge
Scott Parker
Patrice Evra
Ibanez
Aimar
Reina (GK)
Aldelda
Why would we sign two left backs, two defensive midfield and a attacking midfielder, plus unless we sell Dudek or Kirkland we would not have room for Reina. Also they would cost to much.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
We need a back up for Alonso in midfield, a back-up for Kewell, 2 CBs - one young and one matured plus a attacking midfielder/trequartista.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Id be more worried about your rumored summer out.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
I wouldnt, if Gerrard doesnt want to play for us and would rather play for some company elsewhere, then good riddance.And Xabi will ease the blow immensely.

IN-
Cudicini
King
Mendy
Routledge
Aimar
Owen

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Also like to add that i dont think we will sign any of the above players, which is always a problem with threads like these.They seem pointless.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
King of the Kop said:
I wouldnt, if Gerrard doesnt want to play for us and would rather play for some company elsewhere, then good riddance.And Xabi will ease the blow immensely.

Good riddance???? Not a way to talk about a servant of Liverpool from 8 years old who is only walking away because the club have failed him.

I thought he would have treated fairly by Liverpool fans if he left....apparently not!

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
karrmadamaii said:
We need a back up for Alonso in midfield, a back-up for Kewell, 2 CBs - one young and one matured plus a attacking midfielder/trequartista.
We have no room for an attacking midfielder unless we change our formation, in which case Gerrard would probably take the AM role with a new partner brought in for Alonso.

If we can get say Solari on a free, Patrice Evra or some decent left back and a good center back we will be sorted for next season IMO.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Nico said:
Good riddance???? Not a way to talk about a servant of Liverpool from 8 years old who is only walking away because the club have failed him.

I thought he would have treated fairly by Liverpool fans if he left....apparently not!
Yes, Good riddance.If he doesnt want to captain his hometown club and wants to move to a place like Chelsea, Manure or Madrid then let him go.I wont be drying my eyes and im pretty sure he wont be drying his.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
the guy is still sweating hard for his club as he has done for the past 8 years, yet somebody have already started "the good riddance" thingy...
Yeah, they all traitors, I mean Macca, Owen, Gerrard... greedy, unfaithful bastards who should've never been allowed to play for the club to begin with. But who cares about them anymore? Nobody! At least as long as we have true patriots like... Traore and Nunez... all the Gerrards of the world can go and F themselves.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
bjb7223 said:
Wayne Bridge
Scott Parker
Patrice Evra
Ibanez
Aimar
Reina (GK)
Aldelda
The Championship Manager forum is in the lower depths of the Xtratime Community. To find it, please go to the main forum listings and scroll all the way down to the Games section. Click Championship Manager. Enjoy.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
The Championship Manager forum is in the lower depths of the Xtratime Community. To find it, please go to the main forum listings and scroll all the way down to the Games section. Click Championship Manager. Enjoy.
haha :howler:

When the update coming out anyway :wallbang: wrong forum

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
We have no room for an attacking midfielder unless we change our formation, in which case Gerrard would probably take the AM role with a new partner brought in for Alonso.

If we can get say Solari on a free, Patrice Evra or some decent left back and a good center back we will be sorted for next season IMO.
Solari has signed a new contract with Real, so bye-bye to that.

Yes do have a room for an attacking midfielder - RM. Nunez would provide depth, Garcia the enigmatic back-up/supersub. We still lack a first class attacker on the right. Tony LT is still too young.

There's no guarantee we will play the 4-2-3-1 as our main formation. Rafa has displayed his preference for the 4-4-2 when Gerrard and Xabi are both fit. I believe we will shape the team from there.

In fact, we can switch from 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 during the match easily with one of the striker dropping deep, or just a substitution taking out one of the strikers/wide men.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
zico said:
the guy is still sweating hard for his club as he has done for the past 8 years, yet somebody have already started "the good riddance" thingy...
Yeah, they all traitors, I mean Macca, Owen, Gerrard... greedy, unfaithful bastards who should've never been allowed to play for the club to begin with. But who cares about them anymore? Nobody! At least as long as we have true patriots like... Traore and Nunez... all the Gerrards of the world can go and F themselves.
Went through the same thing with Owen last season, umming and aaarrrring bout there future.Delaying there decision untill the end of the season, and we know what happened.And now that Gerrard is leaning towards leaving, you guys think we'll get top dollar? pfffft.If the captain of Liverpool Football Club wants to go and play for another club, then he can.To me its not a huge issue, I'd rather have someone who wants to be here and has no desire of wearing an emirates shirt.In my opinion he's the best central midfielder in the world, but why cry if he wants to leave, all you can do is keep building the team and keep working upto were we want to be.He had his bags packed last season, we havent faired to well this season, it is inevitable.

·
International
1,878 Posts
Even if Gerard goes, life will have to go on for Liverpool FC. The question is how confident we are of the decision-makers at Anfield in plugging the gap left by our key players who left for (arguably) greener pastures.

If we take Owen's case as an example, we are missing him somewhat, because we have an almost thread-bare squad now. Yet, if we look at the issue of this transfer closely, it certainly made the transition for the team, from playing Houllierball to proper football (under Rafa), easier. The players realised in a short time that hoofing ball up is pretty useless because we no longer have Owen's trickery and pace to count on to trouble defences upfront. The pain is eased relatively by the acquisition of Cisse (one thing that Houllier did right) and, in my opinion, Morientes (which I want to believe, is a Rafa masterstroke).

Personally, discussing transfers in the coming summer so early (a day after the transfer window closes) is not really something I want to engage in. Firstly, we do not know what kind of player Rafa has in mind or where he has sent out the scouts to watch prospective players. Secondly, we do not have a Russian fairy godfather to give the club cash to splash and "buy" trophies indirectly.

I would prefer to discuss playing positions rather than throwing in names of players. This, I believe, is more meaningful, in my humble opinion.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
I don't want to go into the whole Gerrard situation.. CERTAINLY hasn't reached the stage where I'd say good riddance.. and very different from the Owen situation.. where Owen was playing with minimum effort for the larger chunk of last season.. while Gerrard has been one of only 3 players who are playing their socks off (Baros and Carra with him)..

If he does decide to leave, I hope it's to Real.. wouldn't want to feel the end of his skills against us.. not cuz it would be emotionally too painful.. end of the day, that's crap.. but cuz he's the total package.. and I'd fear him more than any other EPL midfielder.. Anyway, if he does decide to go.. all I'd do is wish him luck, and hope we get a good amount of money for him.. after all, there's no point in keeping him if he doesn't want to stay.. with that said, I believe he WANTS to stay.. but wants things to start happening..

The list bjb posted is IMO being very ummmm.. untactical is the best polite word I could find :) as SM said, 2 DLs.. 2 CMs.. why?! when we already have 4 CMs!! I think what we need will depend on who leaves too.. as KOTK said, these things at this stage of the season are pointless.. but if I was to think what DO we need with this current squad..

Right winger with skill (starter.. Nunez is definetly not a solution)
2 Center backs (one starter the other a back up [wished it was Dawson])
1 Goal keeper (Cudicini is an excellent option)
a few young back ups for left back.. attacking midfield and left midfield would add lots of benefits too.. but I'd concentrate on the 4 players we really need..

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
From SKYSPORTS:

Rafa planning around Stevie
by James Pearson - created on 31 Jan 2005

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is shaping his Reds side around England international Steven Gerrard and not thinking about a future without him.

The midfielder was again linked with a move to Chelsea in the media on Monday, despite weekend remarks from Liverpool stating he is going nowhere.

Benitez feels that someone is trying to unsettle the 24-year-old, but the Merseyside outfit are committed to the star and want him to stay.

The Spanish tactician believes the club are moving in the right direction and hopes the side's ambition is high enough to retain Gerrard.

"We know that some people want to perhaps disturb the player," said Benitez to Sky Sports News.

"He is concentrating on this club and the team and he wants to win. Rick Parry says we want to build a strong team around him.

"I talk with him everyday and I say we'll build a team around him and not without him.

"He knows we are working hard to improve the level, we have signed [Xavi] Alonso and [Fernando] Morientes and we have [Djibril] Cisse and [Milan] Baros.

"A lot of good players means that we have a strong team for him and for the supporters."

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
karrmadamaii said:
Solari has signed a new contract with Real, so bye-bye to that.

Yes do have a room for an attacking midfielder - RM. Nunez would provide depth, Garcia the enigmatic back-up/supersub. We still lack a first class attacker on the right. Tony LT is still too young.

There's no guarantee we will play the 4-2-3-1 as our main formation. Rafa has displayed his preference for the 4-4-2 when Gerrard and Xabi are both fit. I believe we will shape the team from there.

In fact, we can switch from 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 during the match easily with one of the striker dropping deep, or just a substitution taking out one of the strikers/wide men.
Where is the room for an attacking midfielder in 4-4-2, Gerrard and Alonso in the center with 2 wingers, Morientes and Baros or Cisse upfront- why mess about trying to make room for an attacking midfeilder like Aimar for example, creativity can come from the wings.

If we signed a left back like Evra, that would allow Riise to stay at left wing competing with Kewell, sign a new RM/W, a couple of center backs we're sorted no need to sign some attacking midfielder who will probably be to lightweight and won't settle.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I guess we have a different view of an attacking midfielder eh SM? :pp

To me an attacking midfielder is someone who gets involved in attackign plays in the final third.

The wingers are also attacking midfielders in that sense, in my opinon that is.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
In that case Steven Gerrard would be classes as an attacking midfielder seeming as he gets involved in attacking plays in the final third.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts