Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All change again at Parma, with Faggiano leaving imminently to Genoa and D'Aversa's future unconfirmed. Who knows what type of funds we may have to play with out new Qatari owners (assuming that is confirmed).

Looks like we have a big rebuild of the team with Kulusevski going to Juventus and the likely departures of Gervinho and possibly Darmian and Sepe.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Faggiano will probably be the hardest to replace, as most of the players you've mentioned were expected to leave anyway so I'm hoping there has already been some forward planning to replace them... although personally I have no opinion on who should be signed and who should be sold as I haven't even watched a full match in years :oops:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We look set to appoint Marcello Carli (former DS at Empoli and Cagliari) as our new Sporting Director. Don't know a great deal about him?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Faggiano got us some good signings, but we don't have a lot of depth in the squad, or many youth prospects coming through.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Faggiano has too many personal connection with the players, and he is keen on the formula of lease with obligation to buyout. Now maybe we have money in, but he left for Genoa. Not a positive sign, even with the ownership change.

通过我的 MI 9 Transparent Edition 上的 Tapatalk发言

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Faggiano has too many personal connection with the players, and he is keen on the formula of lease with obligation to buyout. Now maybe we have money in, but he left for Genoa. Not a positive sign, even with the ownership change.

Yeah and he'll take all our transfer targets to Genoa - predictable I guess.

I'm worried we seem to have zero funds for this window as the Qatari investment hasn't come through so we could feasibly lose Sepe, Gervinho, Darmian etc and no replacements. The media is suggesting we want to clear out older players in the squad.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So Faggiano is going to take his transfer targets to Genoa I am guessing?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Darmian and Sepe won't leave, darmian maybe - but Sepe doesn't want to be deputy.

The way I see it, the only one we can make money on is Gervinho. We'll be lucky if we can get 4-5 million euro for him.

Siligardi as a trequartista is a very interesting thing. Siligardi has according to me always been that one that CLEARLY had the quality but just lacked that final touch. But he has always been very creative and quick. We need him and maybe Marco mancosu.

Alves needs to go. He's too old. We're better off with gagliolo, iacoponi and dermaku.
Kucka and kurtic needs to stay. We need them. Cornelius and inglese would be interesting. Looking forward to our possession based season =D

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cornelius and Inglese upfront would be interesting.

Seems like there is no obvious place for Gervinho or Karamoh in the squad, although both can play as strikers?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I guess Ingelese would be the biggest bet for this year, very large investment, but lose some capability in several injuries already. Speaking of young people, let's wait and see how Liverani can use, as D'Aversa really didn't give too much space to Karamoh.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess Ingelese would be the biggest bet for this year, very large investment, but lose some capability in several injuries already. Speaking of young people, let's wait and see how Liverani can use, as D'Aversa really didn't give too much space to Karamoh.

That's the problem I guess, we don't really have many young players aside from Karamoh, Pezzella and Adorante, the latter two not really featuring at all last season.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Got a couple more from Atalanta it seems....

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got a couple more from Atalanta it seems....
Colley and Traore seems like good business on our part. Colley seems to play pretty much everywhere which is good.

The friendly we played 4-3-3 so potentially room for wide players

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We seem to have signed Nehuen Perez, decent looking centre back from Atletico, seems quite a coup for us!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
predictable - Faggiano and Genoa snapping up all our transfer targets

·
Registered
179 Posts
predictable - Faggiano and Genoa snapping up all our transfer targets
Not a problem, now supply more than demands. We can still wait til they have no more funds. Selling is not easy this year, so be a little bit patient will help.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not a problem, now supply more than demands. We can still wait til they have no more funds. Selling is not easy this year, so be a little bit patient will help.

Maybe, although it seems Faggiano is just taking all targets.I'm concerned we have done absolutely nothing yet, but yes patience is needed. True, they can't sign everyone

·
Registered
203 Posts
Maybe, although it seems Faggiano is just taking all targets.I'm concerned we have done absolutely nothing yet, but yes patience is needed. True, they can't sign everyone
This is why I hate Genoa. They've done that to us long before Faggiano even went there. If that corrupt team ever gets relegated, I'll dance around naked.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Carli is really calm, positive to see him bring some new elements to the team. Only worry is that it is now difficult to get good defenders, maybe go for Sabelli or Cistana.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Carli is really calm, positive to see him bring some new elements to the team. Only worry is that it is now difficult to get good defenders, maybe go for Sabelli or Cistana.

Yeah he seems to have a good vibe. We haven't confirmed anyone yet, I hope we still have time.

Seems all our deals with Atalanta have fallen through?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts