Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
59,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, a bit early :D

but might as well put it here. We're apparently looking at FC Servette Geneva's Kastriot Imeri to replace the on loan Guus Til in the summer. He's a 21 year old with 8 goals from 15 games this season. Seems to have really found the net this season. Before that, not really, but he's played quite a bit in the first team since he was 17.
Without ever seeing him :D, I just like it that we're actually looking at getting a youngster abroad instead of a 24 year old who's had one good season at a midtable Eredivisie club or something whom we then pay 5m for.

·
Registered
59,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Been linked to RKC's Touba. Belgian Algerian CB. One on the shortlist to replace Senesi. He shouldn't cost much (1 to 2 million), but can't say I know anything about him other than that he's been getting positive reviews this season.

·
Registered
59,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Technisch directeur Frank Arnesen wacht een drukke transferzomer met Feyenoord. De Rotterdammers zijn al druk bezig met de voorbereidingen om de selectie te versterken. Daarnaast móét Feyenoord spelers verkopen om budget te creëren.
Volgens Voetbal International mikt Feyenoord op een verkoop van Marcos Senesi en Tyrell Malacia. De club gaat er verder alles aan doen om Luis Sinisterra en Orkun Kökcü te behouden voor de ploeg van trainer Arne Slot.
''Tyrell Malacia heeft aangegeven ook wel een volgende stap te ambiëren, net zoals Marcos Senesi'', schrijft het weekblad in een uitgebreide analyse over Feyenoord. ''Bronnen binnen Feyenoord stellen dat de club open staat voor de verkoop van twee spelers, Senesi en Malacia.''
Daarnaast worden er drie spelers genoemd die scouts mogelijk al een tijd in de gaten houden voor Feyenoord. Jayden Braaf (Manchester City), Javairô Dilrosun (Hertha BSC) en Ola Brynhildsen (Molde FK) worden momenteel beoordeeld of ze goed genoeg zijn om Feyenoord direct te versterken.
Krabbedam with this week's piece for VI about Feyenoord :p

Not losing too many players in one summer is indeed a thing. Senesi, unless he wants to extend his contract, will have to be sold.

I've never heard of Braaf and Brynhildsen, but wikipedia says that they're wingers.

Wonder who we have lined up if Malacia is sold. The Norwegian guy at Hertha? if say, they get relegated. Rotten run of form as of late.

·
Registered
59,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot but Twente's Mees Hilgers has also been linked to Feyenoord and even talked to the club. Young central defender and the Indonesian FA has even been trying to sign him up :D

·
Registered
59,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Achraf El Bouchataoui is going to leave the club at the end of the season when his contract expires. He won't be getting a new contract.
Bit of a disappointing end to his Feyenoord career but he's hardly getting any time at RKC either.

·
Registered
59,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Urawa Red Diamonds have made a bid for Linssen. Would be a summer transfer and he wouldn't be against a move to a foreign club.

Fear we'd just get a million or something. Who could we replace him with?

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Urawa Red Diamonds have made a bid for Linssen. Would be a summer transfer and he wouldn't be against a move to a foreign club.

Fear we'd just get a million or something. Who could we replace him with?
Dessers. Feyenoord have got to try their best to buy Dessers. As for Linssen, it seems like they brought in Bassett to be an understudy for the attacking midfielder position. I also wonder about Bannis. He has Eredivisie experience and needs to be given a decent chance.

I suspect that we will lose Senesi and Kokcu for sure this summer, and likely even Sinisterra. Hopefully those sales earn the money to buy decent replacements.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Reckon Sinisterra might be the likeliest to leave? I'd be surprised if he wasn't on the radar of many bigger-league clubs with much higher salaries, after some of the tricks he's pulled this season.

As for Linssen. All the best to him if he decides to go, but I think he's a great rotation player and I'd hope he'll stay. He can play several roles/positions and plays a very different striker than Dessers, who in my view isn't really a replacement for Linssen; just a different option (I'm also still uncertain just how well Dessers would work as an out-and-out first-choice striker). Linssen links up really well, works hard, and both scores and assists goals. I think his stats for the season are quite good, but they don't tell the whole story. I'm not saying he's a world-beater, but he's useful, and hard to replace. He's turning 32 next season though, so for his play style who knows when his level will start to dip too much. Bassett is almost exactly the same type of player as Til; hope he'll become very good, but also again very different from Linssen.

·
Registered
59,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can't really say I've seen a lot of him, but one obviously not for the long ball.

Linssen is apparently interested in going to Japan. Obviously wants to end on a high with the final next week.

We've been linked to Joshua Brenet who is available on a free from Twente. Not sure if this means anything with one of Geertruida or Pedersen leaving, but guess we'll also have a shortlist for every single position in the team for just in case.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Not seen much of him either, but that Ajax basically just don't play Danilo at all, and did rather bring back Brian Brobbey (whom I guess some pundits rate, but from the few games I've seen he can barely play football) from loan than start Danilo. Have ever bought anyone good from Ajax apart from Vermeer (somewhat recent history, that is)?

Can Brenet play left back as well? There's quite a bit of buzz around Malacia...but if either Pedersen or Geertruida is leaving, then having a back that can play both sides would be great. Who knows, he might make it to the starting line up too.

I really hope we'll seek to get a better back-up keeper than Marciano...don't think he's good enough, even for a back-up. Rather have Erwin Mulder than him.

·
Registered
59,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Danilo's transfer has been confirmed. Our first summer signing - bosman and a 4 year deal.

Cruyff 40 years ago came from there :p but yeah I know. Can't think of anyone else other than the obvious, Charisteas.
I'll just hide behind my lack of knowledge of Danilo and just hope it can work out.

Brenet I think during his PSV time could fill in at LB, but he's definitely more of a RB.

A better back-up would be nice. Is the Romanian guy completely dodgy that he isn't getting a chance?

·
Registered
59,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We actually were interested in Jeroen Zoet but he opted to sign on with Spezia, so Arnesen is looking around.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Transfer rumours flying around. Some unnamed squads are looking at Geertruida, in addition to ManUtd's nearly done deal in buying Malacia. Senesi wanted in Italy. Arsenal contemplating a bid for Kokcu. Dessers not agreeing to terms with Feyenoord. Arsenal possibly allowing Nelson to return to Rotterdam on a loan deal. And so forth.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Feyenoord are loaning out Ramon Hendriks to FC Utrecht until mid-2023. WTF????

So if Malacia leaves, then what? I don't understand why Feyenoord rarely brings a youth squad player into the first team. In the past half dozen years, only Kokcu, Malacia, and Geertruida have made it. Feyenoord have ditched so many without really giving them chances.

·
Registered
59,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The club probably doesn't think that Hendriks will make it. Utrecht also have a buy-out clause and Hendriks is primarily a LCB, a position in which Senesi plays and we all know that his contract is up next summer.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
It looks like Feyenoord have already targeted Malacia's replacement candidates.

The two targets identified are Bayer Leverkusen’s Daley Sinkgraven, and Chelsea teenager Ian Maatsen.

Sinkgraven played in the Eredivisie before for Heerenveen and Ajax, and Maatsen was in the Feyenoord academy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts