Xtratime Community banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
Probably not for the first team yet? I see huge risks in a 19 year old CB.
Taking a look at the Feyenoord defenders, if we lose Haps, then Senesi becomes the oldest defender at 24.
Malacia 21
Geertruida, Pedersen, Hall, and Skogen are all 20
Hendriks is 19

I watched the match against BSC Young Boys, and Skogen did all right when he came on at CB. Slot started Burger at RCB and Senesi at LCB. Burger has the height of a defender, which made him seem sometimes out of place in the midfield.

I could easily see us using this order:

LCB: Senesi, Burger, Hendriks
RCB: Geertruida, Fer, Burger, Skogen

Slot has also used El-Bouchataoui at CB, and although he is calm on the ball, his short height would make me nervous when facing tall centre forwards.

I get the feeling that Slot is ready to field a very young side and look to the following season once this new group gets properly blooded this season.

I note that Martins-Indi was signed by AZ after playing for them on loan last season. I wonder why Feyenoord didn't show interest in bringing him back.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Vuskovic would start if he's good enough. Have no idea what he's like though. Feels very barren though with just Senesi available as an orthodox CB.

BMI - We do have Senesi as LCB, but with Spajic, Botteghin and van Beek gone, we definitely can use someone. There's no guarantee yet that Fer will be good enough either.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Vuskovic would start if he's good enough. Have no idea what he's like though. Feels very barren though with just Senesi available as an orthodox CB.
Have you seen Skogen play yet? He seems like an orthodox CB (RCB, so could partner with Senesi). I wouldn't be surprised in Slot brings him along with the first team for the bench; to be back up to either Fer or Geertruida.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Nah, haven't :p Haven't watched anything from pre-season, but definitely plan to watch the FK Drita games on the next 2 Thursdays.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Looks like the Jahanbakhsh signing is a done deal. He slots directly into the right wing position vacated by Berghuis.

Biggest question mark now before next Thursday's first competitive match is who starts at RCB. Here is a very likely lineup:

Bijlow
Pedersen, Fer or Burger, Senesi, Malacia
Toornstra, Kokcu
Til
Jahanbakhsh, Linssen, Sinisterra

Despite starting Bozenik at central attack in the pre-season, I don't see him starting this early in the competitive season. With Jahanbakhsh coming in, Linssen most likely gets pushed to the #9 role once again.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Jahanbanksh-Linssen-Sinisterra could potentially be an entertaining trio who could switch positions in-game, but likely we won't see that. Probably we'll get a striker still. Well, we need someone I reckon. Linssen + juniors is line-up I'm not comfortable with.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
New link for the CB position DPG Media Privacy Gate

Comes by way of Austria and surely thanks to Bernard Schuitemann. 29 year old and he'll cost significantly less than the young Croatian guy. Hope Trauner is still good. Can use some good experience though, with Senesi's future in doubt, Fer being injuryprone and Geertruida out till October.

Jahanbakhsh unfortunately won't be eligible for Thursday's game I read. Still, mouthwatering prospect when he does sign. Can't see him coming back like Otman Bakkal, the second time, when he came back from Moscow or something like that.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts

3 + 1 year contract and we apparently only spent 1,1 million euros on him. No idea if there are any strings attached to it. Nothing yet mentioned in the media :p

As for the Austrian guy, we've seen a one million euro bid for him from us rejected.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Wally, I am surprised that you missed the BIGGEST news of the weekend.

Lex Immers is retiring!

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
The man, the legend :D.
Unfortunately not eligible for a testimonial anywhere.
Definitely a name we won't forget.

Hope he finds his way after his playing career.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Fee agreed for Trauner according to Spox. Somewhere between 1 and 2 million euros. We'll be hearing more about it soon.

And the Turkish club which reportedly wants Nicolai Jorgensen is Kasimpasa

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Fee agreed for Trauner according to Spox. Somewhere between 1 and 2 million euros. We'll be hearing more about it soon.

And the Turkish club which reportedly wants Nicolai Jorgensen is Kasimpasa.
Will we get any money for Jorgensen? Good news on Trauner. I feel better having another experienced CB to go with the midfielder-turned CBs.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·

Found this article from a few days ago. Not sure if it's already been posted here.
Yeah, the rumours had been flying around for several weeks and so it was pretty much a done deal in our minds by the time the "news" hit.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts

Nicolai Jorgensen has now officially signed for Kasimpasa. Good luck to him. Absolute star in that first season. Hopefully he'll refind some kind of consistency at his new club and stat injuryfree.

He has left us on a free, but he apparently frees up 1,7m euros per year in terms of salary.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Club Brugge have meanwhile signed a young French LB from Nice for over 6m euros, so I guess that's the end of the Malacia to Club Brugge link.

Eric Botteghin has meanwhile been linked to Ascoli.
Dylan Vente is in talks with Roda JC.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts