Discussion Starter · #41 ·

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Might be on the shortlist, who knows

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Berghuis most likely off to Ajax for 6 million. Not a bad amount if true and tbh, he's been a disruptive figure in the squad for a while now. Obviously it's never nice to see player leave us for Ajax, but let's give Slot the start he wants and only have committed players around.

Jorgensen can f*ck off as well. The club stood by him, even if he is clearly made out of glass, and now he decides to back peddle on his comments from a few months ago. If he's willing, I'd terminate his contract and use that wage money for another young talent.

I like what Arnesen is doing btw. Sure, we'll probably sign a few flops, but even one or two gems will be worth it in the long run.
Contract termination has been mentioned, but lets see.

And yeah, Frank has to gamble a bit. Still better than using all your funds on midtable side Eredivisie players which van Geel probably would have done in this position.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts

2 year deal. Joins on a free from Hibs where his contract expired. He was their number one and judging by their fan's comments on social media, they respect him.

Experienced 31 year old with international experience. Seems solid enough for what the market can get you.

2nd Israeli player to play for Feyenoord I read

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Another Feyenoord forum shared the news that Haps is about to depart to a Turkish club. Too bad; I still think he was better than Malacia, but maybe too injury prone.

The Turkish club is Alanyaspor.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Wally, the Feyenoord transfermarkt website makes it look like the contracts of Narsingh, van Beek, and Botteghin were simply cancelled; i.e., no transfer fees earned. Is that correct? It seems like we are understaffed at centre back unless Slot plans on using both Fer and Geertruida in addition to Senesi and Hendriks.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Wally, the Feyenoord transfermarkt website makes it look like the contracts of Narsingh, van Beek, and Botteghin were simply cancelled; i.e., no transfer fees earned. Is that correct? It seems like we are understaffed at centre back unless Slot plans on using both Fer and Geertruida in addition to Senesi and Hendriks.
Narsingh's, van Beek's and Botteghin's contracts expired on June 30, so yes, no penny was earned by Feyenoord and yes, we definitely lack centre-backs. Curious to see if Hendriks makes it come Aug 31.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Gutted if Haps leaves. Our best player (when playing their natural position), in my view. It was insanity on Advocaat's part to keep playing Malacia. Malacia just might be good enough though, fortunately. I wasn't totally happy with last season, once again, but that may be because I'm comparing him to Haps.

And yeah, looking forward to rumors in the CB department. And who will be our striker?

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Another Feyenoord forum shared the news that Haps is about to depart to a Turkish club. Too bad; I still think he was better than Malacia, but maybe too injury prone.

The Turkish club is Alanyaspor.
Yeah, I read that too. He's currently with Surinam's NT which will take part in the Gold Cup.

Wonder what we'd ask for him. One year left on his contract. 2,5m?

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
No new player transfers to report, but the new Adidas away kit has been revealed. Two-tone gray with yellow trim.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
There is a rumour doing the rounds that Malacia is interesting Club Brugge who want to offer 6m euros. Feyenoord are asking 11m euros accprding to the rumour. Arnesen has gone public to say that Malacia is staying.
Sizable amount of money, but Haps is the guy the club actually wants to sell even if it will be for less.

Lutsharel Geertruida is the player we have to slightly worry about I think. His contract runs out next summer and the club hasn't yet managed to get him to sign a new contract. He's out injured till October.

We've been linked to Dilrosun from Hertha on loan once Berghuis goes, but lets see what first happens/

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
We've been linked to Dilrosun from Hertha on loan once Berghuis goes, but lets see what first happens.
Javairo Dilrosun? Twenty-three year old Dutch citizen who has never played for a Dutch squad. Looks like he was one of those lost souls who disappeared into the Manchester City system and then moved on to the Hertha Berlin system. Four goals in 23 matches for Hertha in 2019-2020, and then only 12 appearances in 2020-2021. I can see why Hertha might want to lend him out.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Yep, that's the guy.

Media outlets are this morning reporting that the Berghuis transfer to Ajax is a done deal for 4m euros, rising up to 5,5m depending on yet unknown clauses. What a useless way to lose him. Might as well have sold him to PSV for 10m or whatever it was.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Media outlets are this morning reporting that the Berghuis transfer to Ajax is a done deal for 4m euros, rising up to 5,5m depending on yet unknown clauses. What a useless way to lose him. Might as well have sold him to PSV for 10m or whatever it was.
And thus cementing Feyenoord's place as the worst negotiators in Europe. If Berghuis doesn't have a bad season with the Amsterdammers, Ajax will sell him on for 25-30m Euros next season to some Middle Eastern or Turkish club.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Rumour online is that we want to get Alireza Jahanbakhsh as his replacement. Would be a fine signing. PSV managed to get Propper (a regular at Brighton) back to Holland for next to nothing. Alireza is slightly younger (28 this year compared to Propper's 30) and has 2 years left on his contract, but he hardly features for Brighton in contrast to Propper.

And we indeed often are pretty terrible when it comes to negotiating. I don't really blame Berghuis. He's not a fan like us, but seriously, Sjaak Troost, what was he thinking when he said yes to that in Berghuis' new contract?o_O

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I remember Alireza Jahanbakhsh from back when he played for NEC Nijmegen. He was a decent striker and I was hoping at the time of NEC's relegation that Feyenoord would go for him.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
It looks like Feyenoord is competing with Genk for Chelsea's Ike Ugbo, a 22-year-old striker who has been with the Chelsea youth setup since 2007.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I'd welcome Jahanbanksh. Would be a very similar acquisition as Berghuis a few years back. If Ajax sell Berghuis a year from now they might get more for him than we did, sure, but he'll be turning 31 that season so it's not like anyone will offer massive sums then. Don't think we could have gotten more than 10-15 in the best case.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
It looks Feyenoord are going for a central defender. Scottish press say that we lead the race to sign Croatian Mario Vuskovic from Hajduk Split. Only 19, he played in 29 matches last season and scored two goals. He also features for the Croatian U-21 squad.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts