Xtratime Community banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Bayern Munich are looking to offload the underperforming Joshua Zirkzee, who had gone out on loan spell to Parma Calcio 1913 (Serie B), but didn't impress. Another Dutch player who left the Netherlands too early. Will they ever learn?

At 6'4", he has the size to be an imposing striker. Must have been the attitude, eh?

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Just confirming what Wally reported above.

Who can we buy with that 4 million? Can we pick up another 18-goal scorer?

Wolfsburg signed Mark van Bommel as the new trainer so that would explain it. Dutch coaches usually look to see which Dutch players they can bring along with. Look at Ronald Koeman at Barcelona: loading up with Dutch NT players.
We'll have to quite creative to find a suitable replacement. Hopefully there's a bosman somewhere. Otherwise we'll just have to be patient and give Balde the time to prosper and hope Sinisterra refinds the form in the second half of the 2019-20 season. His goal against Utrecht in the last game was a reminder that he's quite decent too.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
George Johnston has left the club. Feyenoord actually had an option to extend his expiring contract, but they haven't done that here, so he's joined Bolton Wanderers on a 3 year deal. They'll be a League One side next season.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts

and yeah, Guus Til and his 1 year loan deal was made official earlier in the week.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Contract ended I think. Not sure who we got lined up, other than possibly the Austrian ADO goalie, but it's not like it's in the papers every other day :p
Now all about Euro 2021, but thing is when the tournament ends, we pretty much got to start our season already. Not much holiday time for Frank Arnesen.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Several clubs queueing up bids for Orkun Kokcu, but from what I can tell, he hasn't played a minute yet in the Euro2020 matches.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Yeah, any club buying him won't be doing it based on Euro 2020.

Some news though despite Euro 2020:

Nicolai Jorgensen has told Slot that he wants to leave the club and Slot has responded by saying he will let him go. Nicolai wasn't at the team's first training session on Monday. Wonder if there will be a club out there for him soon. I'd expect something like Malmo or FCK getting him for 1m euros, if not, something further afield maybe like the MLS.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
This summer's 2nd incoming transfer:

Marcus Holmgren Pederson , 20 year Norwegian RB who plays for Molde. 5 year contract which shows that Arnesen must have belief in him.

Haven't read anything yet about a transfer fee, but he still has 18 months left on his contract at Molde, so certainly no freebie. He arrives in time too for the Conference League qualifier, which is nice.

Reactions: Teak

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
lol Ajax want to trigger Berghuis' 4m euro get-out clause

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So basically nothing for Johnston, little for Jorgensen, and pi$$ for Berghuis. Compare that with what Ajax gets for their players.

And yet, some in Rotterdam want to build Feyenoord City to showcase a mid-table squad.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Hope Berghuis wants that too:(

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I'd love to see Berghuis and Pukki in the same team. If Buendia continues to play as well as he has too, Norwich would have a genuinely decent attack.

·
Registered
108 Posts
its old now
my tems

feyenoord
sporting
djurgardens
Not entirely sure what this post is about, but I must say I love Djurgarden! Saw them play when I visited my Swedish relatives ten years ago and have followed them since.

Also, why is Berghuis likely leaving? I must've missed something, but I'm not happy about this.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts
Berghuis has a clause in his contract saying he could leave this summer for such a low amount.

Lot of rumours the last few days by the way :D

Incoming:

Ofir Marciano - Israeli goalie who played for Hibs. Available on a free and he'd be back-up to Bijlow

Joshua Kitolano - We apparently bid 500k for him. He's a 19 year old Norwegian midfielder with Congolese parents who plays for Odds BK

Frederik Andre Bjorkan - Also Norwegian. A 22 year old LB who plays for FK Bodo/Glimt.

Outoing:

Wout Burger - linked to FC Basel for 1m euros.

·
Registered
59,398 Posts

Confirmed transfer - Jordy Wehrmann off to FC Luzern. 3 year deal for him there. He'll hopefully kickstart his career there being a starter.

Both clubs haven't disclosed what the transfer fee was.

·
Registered
40,957 Posts
Berghuis most likely off to Ajax for 6 million. Not a bad amount if true and tbh, he's been a disruptive figure in the squad for a while now. Obviously it's never nice to see player leave us for Ajax, but let's give Slot the start he wants and only have committed players around.

Jorgensen can f*ck off as well. The club stood by him, even if he is clearly made out of glass, and now he decides to back peddle on his comments from a few months ago. If he's willing, I'd terminate his contract and use that wage money for another young talent.

I like what Arnesen is doing btw. Sure, we'll probably sign a few flops, but even one or two gems will be worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Jorgensen can f*ck off as well. The club stood by him, even if he is clearly made out of glass, and now he decides to back peddle on his comments from a few months ago. If he's willing, I'd terminate his contract and use that wage money for another young talent.
Watching Denmark in Euro 2021, I was reminded that Jorgensen used to be their first choice striker. He has fallen a long way in form, fitness, and price. But I agree that Slot should be given the chance to use the young talents already on the books, and find others. I don't mind finishing 5th again if it means he bloods some young talent that can win the league the following season. Right now, we have a mediocre side with only one or two world class talents.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts