Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
59,077 Posts
News here is that Feyenoord is on the verge of getting Sankt Pauli's Christian Conteh. He's available on a free and a 20 year old Ghanaian German left winger who made his debut in the first team this season.

Fer has meanwhile extended his expiring contract till 2022. That's a relief. Doubt we would have got anyone half decent with an empty wallet.

Botteghin hasn't yet agreed terms and is expected to leave :( I like big Eric and would have preferred him to stay, but I guess it isn't the end of the world. Must hope Sven comes of age and his value could then also rise if he has a good season.

Reactions: Teak

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Has any club expressed interest in Botteghin? To the point of paying decent money? Or is he on a free transfer? Sven's inability to stay fit scares me.

Says that he was born in Germany and is of German nationality. Must be the son of some Ghanaian immigrants.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
My brother lives in Hamburg and is a fan of Conte. Apparently an incredible dribble, but not the most intelligent player around. Sounds like a Sinisterra clone :D

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
My brother lives in Hamburg and is a fan of Conte. Apparently an incredible dribble, but not the most intelligent player around. Sounds like a Sinisterra clone :D
Is he left sided or right sided?

·
Registered
59,077 Posts
Right footed but plays on the left side. Not great tactically means maybe an Elvis Manu / Diego Biseswar ? :D

and news has it that Bryan Linssen will be signing on Monday! it took some convincing but Frank Arnesen apparently convinced him to pick Feyenoord over Burnley and Union Berlin. Sinisterra obviously will be out till December so he'll have a guaranteed spot in the first team in September. Conteh will be given time to develop.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
The classic winger type is an endangered species nowadays. Only full backs know how to cross the ball now. Reckon Narsingh could be a decent winger if he didn't fancy himself a goal scorer.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Another FB rumour, likely to be false, is that Jonathan de Guzman wants a return to Feyenoord. He was most recently at Eintracht Frankfurt.

And the new away kit is AWESOME!!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Haven't seen him play in a bit, but heard he was doing well at Frankfurt at some point. Wouldn't mind having someone with his experience; probably he should be an alright player.

·
Registered
59,077 Posts
Provided he's fit, yeah why not. Advocaat seems to be getting resources to at least have a team worthy of finishing in the top 3.

Botteghin (now a free agent) I wouldn't rule out on re-signing with us, until he definitely has signed with another club. We've seen it with Linssen. Perseverance and patience sometimes wins, even with somewhat limited resources.

Summerville will be offered a new contract by the way. His contract expires next summer. Good thing. He looked handy while on loan at ADO. Maybe with injuries, he'll get some playing time with us next season. Otherwise another loan spell at an Eredivisie club would be good for him

·
Registered
59,077 Posts
And the new away kit is AWESOME!!
Yep, I like the colour too. Doing a quick search, best away kit since 2015/16? all personal preference of course :D but I liked that blue orange shirt.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
So what do we have for a starting lineup at this point?

Bijlow
Geertruida, Van Beek, Senesi, Haps
Fer, Toornstra
Kokcu
Berghuis, Bozenik, Linssen

Subs: Conteh (Linssen), Diemers (Fer or Toornstra), and Ie (Senesi or Van Beek)
This assumes that Botteghin disappears, something I hope doesn't happen.

I saw news whereby Sevilla are still trying to buy Senesi from us. That would be a big loss. We struggled early on last season due to Stam and the central defender pairing. Don't want to see that happening again.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
We still have Jorgensen right, or have I missed something? I'd much prefer him to Bozenik as a starting striker, despite his inconsistency. I think Advocaat was right in his assessment last spring that Bozenik has talent for a striker, but much work remains for him still.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
We still have Jorgensen right, or have I missed something? I'd much prefer him to Bozenik as a starting striker, despite his inconsistency. I think Advocaat was right in his assessment last spring that Bozenik has talent for a striker, but much work remains for him still.
I haven't heard any news about Jorgensen. His value has dropped sharply given his injuries and poor stats over the past two seasons. His value is now Euros 3.5m and it looks like Trabzonspor are interested in him.

Looks like the loan spells for Karsdorp, Ie, and Ozyakup are over and they have moved back to their clubs. I thought they were trying to keep Ie for a longer spell.

·
Registered
59,077 Posts
I too wouldn't want to lose Senesi as well. 2 new central defenders would need time to gel and even though we always finish 3rd, at the start of the season, you'd like to think we have a shot at finishing 2nd or maybe even 1st.

Ie is still apparently being considered for next season, but haven't read anything about it in the last few days.

The values on transfermarkt have indeed gone down. Sven is worth 650k lol. We indeed probably wouldn't get much for him if he was today put on the transfer list, but to think that AS Monaco were considering to buy him for over 10m euros until Vincent Janssen made him look silly.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Oh yeah, definitely would want to hold on to Senesi. After his first, dismal appearance, he emerged as our best centre back in every respect. Actually kind of an elegant CB, which is a rare thing these days. I wouldn't be surprised if we were forced to sell him, but it might be better for everyone to have him play with us one more season to see how consistent he is. If Botteghin goes, having Sven and Ié around would be very handy. Both are fine enough with a bit of coaching I reckon, if they have Senesi at their side. If we lose Senesi, time to go shopping.

·
Registered
59,077 Posts
We'll see. Apparently we're also on the look-out for a new LB. Malacia is out for 6 months after an operation. With limited funds, always, hope there's someone in the youth who isn't useless.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
A 22-year-old Egyptian winger is being linked to both Feyenoord and Ajax.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts