Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the 2019-2020 season is over with Ajax the default winners.

News on FB has it that Feyenoord are looking to sign:
Edgar Ie to a purchase deal
Jermaine Lens to a purchase deal

And a return by Karim El Ahmadi

What news is floating around in the Netherlands these days? The season ended way too soon for me.

·
Registered
59,052 Posts
Ie on a permanent deal?!

Karim has been linked to Twente.

Eric Botteghin's future is in the air. His contract ends in the summer, but there's a possibility that Feyenoord might want to extend it. There's the option too for Botteghin to finally play in Brazil's highest division or Serie A if there are any interested parties. That also interests him.
I like him. Despite his limits, I think he'd be handy to have for next season.

But anyway, lets first see what Covid 19 does to football financially.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Agree about Botteghin. Useful to have around, but totally understand if he wants to try Serie A or the Brazilian top flight. Seems like a nice guy, and coached right he's a good CB.

Probably a good idea to sign Ié on a permanent deal as well. He's solid enough, and can play RB too. That kind of versatility will come in handy.

As for Karim, would love to see him back in Eredivisie. Would of course want him to come back to us! He's the best midfielder we had in the 10s, easily. He really could teach a thing or two to Kökcu, though Kökcu doesn't have that natural technique to the same extent.

·
Registered
59,052 Posts
We've been linked to Joey Veerman of Heerenveen, but he's more of a creative midfielder from what I've seen. We're going to lose Tapia who's supposed to be a holding midfielder.

Frank Arnesen has offered Kökcu a new 5 year contract (3 years left on his current deal), but VI claims that he has rejected Feyenoord's second offer.

We're also looking at getting Bryan Linssen on a free. He's had a good few seasons with Vitesse, funnily enough scoring a few with his head despite not being that tall. I think he'd be a good replacement for Larsson. Yes, he's 29 or something like that, but we need some depth and Sinisterra's always going to be sold if he continues doing well when fit again. Linssen has had an offer from China though. Lets see what happens.

·
Registered
59,052 Posts
The KNVB has btw decided that we're cup winners lol. This because we, on paper, were the away playing side, so we go to the group stages of the Europa League, if it is played.

Utrecht aren't amused about this and I'm sure we won't have heard the last of this.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw in the news that Advocaat wants to resign Botteghin and Fer, and is hoping to keep Kokcu but that doesn't look likely. Losing Tapia and Kokcu both means we have an old midfield unless they can bring someone new in. What are the chances that Wout Burger makes the bench this season and, thus, available for minutes?

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So how did KNVB end the season? Did they make Ajax champions, with AZ second, and Feyenoord third? That would give us the direct entrant spot into the Europa League Group Phase, right? So the Cup "win" wasn't really necessary maybe.

·
Registered
59,052 Posts
Cup winners get the best Europa League placing and that's us then thanks to these KNVB rules lol.

If finances are poor, Burger will get a real chance. If we sell somebody for good money, then I'm not so sure.

Wonder if we'll see any of the youngsters from Ecuador or other places reportedly on Frank Arnesen's shortlist.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
According to the news, it looks like Feyenoord and FC Utrecht want to play the Beker Cup final match after all, at some neutral location.

Also, Feyenoord have cast their eyes upon Mark Diemers of Fortuna Sittard who has a pretty good goal-scoring record for the club.

And still yet more news states that we have some player from Anderlecht on the radar also.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
According to the news, it looks like Feyenoord and FC Utrecht want to play the Beker Cup final match after all, at some neutral location.

Also, Feyenoord have cast their eyes upon Mark Diemers of Fortuna Sittard who has a pretty good goal-scoring record for the club.

And still yet more news states that we have some player from Anderlecht on the radar also. And Ozyakup wants to remain on loan with us.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried to edit my post, but I replied to myself instead. Too funny. Humor in the Age of Covid.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts

And still yet more news states that we have some player from Anderlecht on the radar also.
Well, if this is true, then it doesn't look like there's been much of a change to our approach to or policy in scouting/player acquisition. I'm not sure if those guys, whoever the Anderlecht dude is, are quite the required caliber.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are some other rumored transfer targets:
Tobias Pachonik (VVV-Venlo)
Jean-Paul van Hecke (NAC Breda)
Bryan Linssen (Vitesse)

There is talk of selling Jorgensen, and loaning out Sven Van Beek. Van Hecke is a right side center back who would replace Botteghin. Pachonik is a right side half back, who would replace Karsdorp or Geertruida. Linssen would be the left winger (left side attacker) who would replace Larsson or Sinisterra. The latter is said to be recovering fairly slowly from his injury; thus, we need a left side player for the start of the season.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I'd be quite happy with Linssen. We definitely do need a winger for the left flank and he's a good player. He can start at the beginning and fight for the spot with Sinisterra once he's fit again.

Have no idea about the rest, but doesn't exactly inspire confidence to be honest. Though Geertruida is rubbish defensively, so wouldn't mind putting him on the bench if we can't get Karsdorp on a permanent deal, or another loan deal.

·
Registered
59,052 Posts
Yeah, it might be 2021 till we see Sinisterra, so Linssen seems to be a must if the new season starts in September.

Ie is said to be wanted for another season. Haven't read the van Beek rumour but that would make sense if Ie is wanted. Van Beek must be that low in the pecking order.

Botteghin and Fer have been offered new contracts btw, but lower pay packets though.

·
Registered
59,052 Posts
I haven't really heard much about the Diemers link

Linssen has meanwhile turned us down lol.
The search for a left winger continues.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Apparently we didn't offer a very good contract to Linssen. We'll, according to Linssen.

Based on what I've seen, I hope we're not aiming for Diemers. Don't think he's of a sufficient pedigree.

·
Registered
59,052 Posts
Yeah, probably a post-Corona era salary for a player who is supposed to not be a first team player.

Agree on Diemers. Not excited by that. We already have Jens who will be sticking around.

We're looking to get rid of Liam Kelly by the way with his 600k a year wages.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts