Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 531 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Who'd have thunk it 10 years ago? Zlatan and him being the top young forwards in the league back then, one going on to be be the best player of the decade in Serie A (IMO) and the other begging for a move to Catania.

·
Registered
45,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True.
I wonder whether Adriano really wants to be a football player again or he is just trying to move the circus to Catania. If I were Catania I'd live him where he is now and consider a proper replacement for Bergessio.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Toni, what's your take on the Immobile saga? Why was Juve so eager to sell?

Third year running Serie A loosing it's top scorer.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Yes, that's probably it. It's still strange though, it wasn't a huge offer. If we were talking about a bid in the 30m region I would have understood it.

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
I doubt the top teams in the league will improve significantly this mercato. Rube could potentially get alot of money for Vidal and Pogba, but the list of replacements who would make a difference and actually be willing to join them when Serie A is this bad is probably not very long. They cant really attract the very best players and they cant match the wages of other clubs either.

It will also be interesting to see if Roma can keep their players, or how they will manage to replace key players going out. Fiorentina will probably lose Cuadrado and replace him with a very inferior player. Inter are seemingly only really interested in old has-been, ridiculous players like Tom Ince and hilarious serie a players like Behrami, though with Mazzarri staying it doesnt really matter anyways.

Napoli probably has the best chance improving their starting 11 significantly for next season and at the same time keep their key players.

I just hope that the teams will replace outgoing transfers with foreign players and not shop around in other serie a teams which sadly often is the case. It weakens the league even further.

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
Three big questions for me will be whether Juve for Europe and Milan and Inter in general will improve. I think Roma will hit this ceiling until they get a world class striker. Juve on the other hand can definitely improve and imo it takes a complete change in system.

As for Inter and Milan, much room for improvement and indeed not liking the way things are going with Inter's market ambitions and Milan's embarassing state of affairs,

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Milan seems to be a complete mess. There's always the chance of Berlusconi doing a major popularity transfer (Zlatan and Balo come to mind), but the club seem to be in total chaos with the Seedorf/Inzaghi/Galliani saga.

·
Registered
23,825 Posts
Milan seems to be a complete mess. There's always the chance of Berlusconi doing a major popularity transfer (Zlatan and Balo come to mind), but the club seem to be in total chaos with the Seedorf/Inzaghi/Galliani saga.
won't happen. He is lost in politics and on the business/legal front. We can be happy when he pays the gargantuan wages that Galliani have and will make us pay out. Otherwise deficit and transfer will probably be paid with youngsters, the only things of value we got.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
milan wont do shit.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Lazio is agressively shopping for defenders having already agreed the price for De Vriij (Feyenord) and being the only team that officially made a bid for Astori.

Today`s rumors of Udinese`s Heraux being in the radar.

All in all, expect Lazio to sign at least 3 defenders this summer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There are rumours that Corini is really interested in Leandro Greco, I would be really happy if that happened. He's exactly the sort of midfielder that we need right now.

Also pretty much every news source is reporting that we want Petagna if Milan want the other half of Paloschi. I would rather keep Paloschi, but I don't think it's an option sadly.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I was pretty shocked I thought Immobile went pretty cheap actually to dortmund.I thought at least 25 mil euros will be fetched for him,but we'll see next season time will tell how he goes I guess.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
ciro will score a lot of goals. dortmund are a fabulous side, better than any serie a team.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Perfect headline if he kicks arse in the WC " Questo e il Ciro d'italia":flirt::pp.

·
Registered
23,825 Posts
ciro will score a lot of goals. dortmund are a fabulous side, better than any serie a team.
I love their press statement though when they said that Immobile "Have proven himself with a european top club". at least according to a Swedish translation I wrote. what top team would that be?

1 - 20 of 531 Posts