Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have any inside info, but a very, very strong hunch that Figo will be sold this summer.

Not because he doesn't feel loved, as he has been saying these past weeks, not becuase Real doesn't want him anymore... but more because it makes sense for both sides.

Figo is due his last big contract... and he wont get it with one more year under his belt. He is having a great season and that might be enough for a team to give him one last lucrative 2-3 year contract.

Real knows that in one year he will walk, they can make 15-25 million euros with him and use it towards their star signing this year. Plus Beckham can easily move to his natural position.

I really think that all that Figo is saying right now is a ploy between him and Florentino so that both can save face this summer when he is sold.

I know that it's wishful thinking but I would go for Albelda, Xavi Alonso, Pirlo, Samuel, Chivu or Aimar. Preferably two out of three from this list.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
I too have the feeling Figo might be sold. But had it as well last year and he stayed. But this will be the last chance to get good money for him. Hes 31 already and we have Becks/Juanfran (or maybe we get Joaquin???) who can play his position. Hmm... well we'll see.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
15-20 million euros for a 31 year old ? sorry even Chelski wont pay more than 10 million for him at the most !

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
husain_14 said:
15-20 million euros for a 31 year old ? sorry even Chelski wont pay more than 10 million for him at the most !
Remember there is an important competition this summer. Prices for players can go up and down regarding performances in the Eurocup.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MILLS said:
Figo was interviewed last night in El Larguero and it seems like he is "pissed off with the whole world".
I also feel he might leave after the Eurocup.
Hey Mills he does seem pissed off doesn't he? If he is, then he will leave for sure unless things change... but my theory is that it is all an act. Floren and Valdano are well aware of everything and will sell him this summer.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
husain_14 said:
sorry but Chelski payed an over inflated price for Makelele who is in his 30's and I think we can get even better from the russian for Figo.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Che said:
sorry but Chelski payed an over inflated price for Makelele who is in his 30's and I think we can get even better from the russian for Figo.
so u expect Chelsea to make the same mistake again ? with cracks developing between Figo and your management even 10 million seems like a lot..

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
MILLS said:
Remember there is an important competition this summer. Prices for players can go up and down regarding performances in the Eurocup.
you wouldnt believe with how much hatred im saying this but Figo has reached his top...its all going to go downhill from now on....the world already knows what he can do...its not like hes going to be a big surprise at the EuroCopa...what you could have gotten for him in Jan will be the same as whatu get for him in June....he gets 32 in Nov. doesnt he ?

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
MILLS said:
Figo was interviewed last night in El Larguero and it seems like he is "pissed off with the whole world".
When has not seem pissed off at the world, even when he is next to his incredibly goodlooking wife, he looks pissed :rollani:

I have always felt (no basis for this opionon, other than personal observations) that he was not happy with the Zidanes and Pavones becuase it stole the soptlight from him. He was also so unhappy with his teribble performance in the World Cup, he never did smile again.

As for predictions, I think he will leave, as will Cesar and Solari (again :tongue: ) as to the others, I see eveyone of them staying. Even Ruben.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
maybe im wrong, but i always thought he didnt feel well with RM. He signed in thought Perez wont ever get Presi and when he got and Figo was presented he looked as if the would had just set. He did arrange himself with the club, but i always hearing him saying he dreams to play in England. He'll go as soon as he gets the chance for.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Koeman4

But why did he try to say in El Larguero (Cadena Ser)? I was listening to the program and I couldn't believe what I was listening.

He said: "The Barcelona supporters are more respectful with the players than the Real Madrid ones", "Living in Barcelona? Why not? I love the city, people always was good with me. In Madrid? No, I love the sea and I can't live here. Besides in Barcelona I have more friends". He also said "In Barcelona I have more friends, we went out with other players, the atmosphere in the team was better. I have few friends here". "I feel fu(ked in Madrid and I don't like it".

He also critiziced Santiago Segurola (IMO, one of the best, if not the best, sports journalists of Spain, director of EL PAIS) and the Diario Sport.

He also said that his old agent, Jose Veiga, betrayed him: "He signed good contracts for me, but he took some decissions without counting with my opinion, the last thing he signed for me was the Real Madrid contract".

The Real Madrid press doesn't say anything about those words, but I promise that I listened them.

I don't know which are his intentions, but he should not mention our club, if he's not happy in Madrid, it is his problem.
http://www.xtratime.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1850879#post1850879

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20040206/NOTICIA115151020.html

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
No i think hes gonna stay , Even though he has played better this year , I dont think any1 is gobnna want him because of his age , and wage demands , but if anyone is gonna take him then its Chelsea

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
barça said:

I have always felt (no basis for this opionon, other than personal observations) that he was not happy with the Zidanes and Pavones becuase it stole the soptlight from him.
+

I would be pissed if I were him. He's clearly a more effective player than Zidane. He has more power, speed, has more assists, goals, wins more games. He is named MOM more than Zidane yet because of Zizou's occasional moments of brilliance, Figo will never been seen in the same light.

If cards are down, Figo shows, it's as simple as that. He doesn't need Thierry Henry, Robert Pires and David Trezeguet, he often times wins on his own.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Fee-Go said:
I would be pissed if I were him.
Me too.
He has such a crap and badly payed job!. And after no less than 10 hours of effort day in day out he gets in his shitty car to get back home and... what does he find there? Oh! That ugly witch! :yuck:
I´d be sooo pìssed! :mad:

Come on! :rolleyes:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
MILLS said:
And after no less than 10 hours of effort day in day out he gets in his shitty car to get back home and
Well the traffic in the M-40 is such a pain, that would make me angry too:tongue: And now that they practice in Las Rozas, is so much farther for him:googly:

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Fee-Go said:
+

I would be pissed if I were him. He's clearly a more effective player than Zidane. He has more power, speed, has more assists, goals, wins more games. He is named MOM more than Zidane yet because of Zizou's occasional moments of brilliance, Figo will never been seen in the same light.
There is some truth in this, Zizou is head over heels the best player since Maradona. However you could make the argument that in current day he Figo can be more effective in terms of making assists and scoring etc..

I'm not sure what will happen with him after Euro. I wouldn't be surprised if he left, but I think he's going to continue on for just one more year and then go back to Sporting.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
To me, it seems that Figo isn't happy and playing well unless he's the star and captain of the team he's on. Now that he gets overshadowed consistently, I think his play suffers because he doesn't have the spotlight (not that I'm saying that he doesn't deserve the spotlight).

But I don't think we'll see a Figo transfer unless he has a good EuroCup. What does he make? Is it 6mil dollars or 6mil euros? That's too big a salary for most any other club.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts