Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 9 games to be played till the end of the season there are already rumours how to transform our aging team. Robinho is so to say signed (i'll start to believe it once i see him on Bernabeu), for weeks linked with our team are Reyes and Joaquin. Perez will probably follow his past years policies and bring also another superstar, hopefully not another Beckham. :doh:

Luxemburgo promises changes

Tuesday March 29 2005

With his side lagging behind Barcelona in the Primera Liga title race, Real Madrid coach Wanderley Luxemburgo has already started looking ahead to next season and admits there will be changes to his side.

Barring a miracle, Madrid, who are currently 11 points behind Barca with only nine games remaining, are about to end their second consecutive season without winning any silverware.

There has been talk of a wholesale clear out of the club's stars following their exit from the Champions League, but that has been toned down in recent weeks as club president Florentino Perez has tried to calm the atmosphere down.

It is clear, however, that there will be changes next season with several new faces expected at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium.

"We need to balance the squad a little for next season," Luxemburgo told radio station Onda Cero. "You don't win the league whenever you want, but with a big squad next season's team photo will have some players who are reserves and others who you were not counting on.

"I like to have versatile players, who you can use to make changes during the game. I also like using a diamond formation because you can have three forwards or play a normal 4-4-2.

"Joaquin (Sanchez) and (Jose Antonio) Reyes are good players," he added, hinting that Madrid are interested in Arsenal winger Reyes and could well be prepared to battle it out with Chelsea to sign Spain international Joaquin from Real Betis.

Luxemburgo has been given Perez's backing to start working on next season and is confident that given time he is the man to turn the club's fortunes around.

"My history does not depend on one game, but on a sequence of games," he continued. "I have no doubt I am going to do good things with Real Madrid, but you can't change everything in one blow: the world is not that radical.

"When you coach Brazil, you are prepared for anything. I am the Brazilian who has won the most titles and my teams are able to play football as well as being hard and competitive."

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
i personally hope, we get reyes, mascherano, again madrid as usual forgets about thinking of their defence, and will get caught agian next year if they dont buy a defender. we need 2 quality ones. I mean samuel is good even tho hes not done well this year. But we need someone so we can have extra defenders.. a team should have 6 good defenders. Im not sure about joaquin..i'd rather we get robinho.
WE HAVE TO KEEP IKER>...MOST IMPORTANT!!

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Dude Mascherano is packaged and all set to be shipped to Corinthians in the summer. Its definite already. So for the last time stop counting on him improving your side.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
1. Mascherano - No matter how, JUST GET HIM!
2. Joaquin or another RW
3. Aimar or Riqueleme (we need a new AM).
4. Reyes? I would like him in our team but who is he going to bench? Raul? (He could but I doubt it) Ronaldo (No in this cosmos)?
5. Emerson or Zambrotta ;)

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
dream on about riquelme............he will never be sold from barca
zambrotta is on his way to chelsea.......
u can always have reyes.............he will be cosy up with all his fellow sissies in RMCF
but mascherano is going to corinthians..........
joaquin might just come to RM if barca do not offer a fight
ps:how come u guys have given up on robinho................i guess sandro rosell's trip just ruined ur pie

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
bronx_bull said:
dream on about riquelme............he will never be sold from barca
zambrotta is on his way to chelsea.......
u can always have reyes.............he will be cosy up with all his fellow sissies in RMCF
but mascherano is going to corinthians..........
joaquin might just come to RM if barca do not offer a fight
ps:how come u guys have given up on robinho................i guess sandro rosell's trip just ruined ur pie
First off... I'd love to wager a bet with you that Roman _will_ be sold by Barcelona this summer. Not to Real Madrid, but of course that's not what you said anyways. I guarantee you that he never plays a single game for Barfa next year.

Secondly... Jose Antonio Reyes is an extremely talented, young Spanish international that would be a welcome addition to our team. You claim to be a fan of the Spanish NT, and don't like Reyes? He's a great player for Spain, and would surely be the best player for *India* national team, too.

Thirdly... Joaquin's transfer has absolutely nothing to do with Barcelona. Joaquin has turned down Chelsea twice in the past, and has done absolutely nothing but claim loyalty to Madrid. His desire to be Florentino's Spanish wonderkid is well known, and ultimately it is the player's decision whether he wishes to negotiate a contract with the team that reaches an agreement with Betis. Joaquin would turn down Barfa with no hesitation to join Madrid.

Fourth, and conclusively... Robinho has not been 'given up' on. He is signed, sealed and delivered as far as I'm concerned, and his mother has already been house-shopping *in* Madrid. Luxemburgo wants him here, Sacchi slipped out by claiming Robinho as "ours" already, and it's well-documented on Florentino Perez's talks with Santos. 'binho is Madridista, there's no doubt about it. After the Copa Libertadores is over, the transfer will be announced.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
1. i said roman wont be sold from barca(to real madrid)............and thats what i meant

2. I am a fan of the spanish NT and when i am watching them play i want everyone from Raul to Casillas to do well.............now if u din hear that.......this is a cule and a supporter of the Spanish NT wanting Real Madrid icons like Raul and Casillas to do well for Spain..................now when i dont have a gr8 animosity towards raul when he plays for spain why shud i even bother abt reyes who is yet to make it to RMCF.............and when RMCF i want it to do badly simply because i am a cule.......its too simple man...............country and club r too different things altogether........]

and u dont talk anything abt my country as yet.................i wont say anything against portugal just to counter you but u just learn to be polite in ur arguments and u dare not insult me or my country.............it will really ruin the spirit of XT.

3.Regarding Joaquin and Robinho nothing is sealed as yet and we cud really take u to the wire on both cases.............it may be a different issue that u may land both of them.................but it is not done yet and nething cud happen in football...............u remember what happened in 2003 summer when man utd had signed,sealed and delivered ronaldinho nad u saw what happened in the end...........

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
The reason we are set to finish our second consecutive season without a single major honour is very clear; we simply do not have the strength in depth to compete at the highest level in the Uefa Champions League or to sustain a realistic title challenge over a 38-game season. We will never win major titles unless we eradicate this persistent problem.

Financial reports leaked from the club indicate we have funding in excess of €150 million in place to strengthen the squad this summer, but we need to use the money wisely instead of blowing half of it on an ageing "galactico" like Francesco Totti or Patrick Vieira. Real Madrid must pin-point their weaknesses and tackle the roots of the problems that have crippled us for the past 18 months.

We have to be realistic, not more than one of our current stars will leave this summer...if any at all. Luis Figo and Zinedine Zidane ooze too much class to be sold, so I think most fans would agree that Beckham should be the one that has to leave- despite his unlimited marketing potential.

A world-class team like Real Madrid must have quality cover in all areas of the field, and a coach who is willing to encourage competition within the side and won't be afraid to drop any underperfoming "galactico". If Zidane or Figo are inconsistent, they must hit the bench. If Ronaldo or Raul go on a barren run of a dozen games without any goals, then they must also see some time on the bench.

In my opinion, we need to bring in 6 or 7 new players of real quality to sufficiently improve the squad and become competitive again next season. I realise that competition for places will be fierce and that some of the players might be unhappy with their limited first-team action, but the wider good of the team can not be overlooked.

If it was up to me, I would re-construct the side to ensure quality cover in every position (new signings are highlighted in bold).

GK: Casillas/Cesar.

RB: Michel Salgado/Sergio Ramos.
CB: Walter Samuel/ Ivan Helguera.
CB: Jonathan Woodgate/ Juanito.
LB: Roberto Carlos/ Del Horno.

RW: Joaquin Sanchez.
DM: Rio Antonio Mavuba/ Thomas Gravesen.
AM: Zinedine Zidane/ Santi Solari.
LW: Luis Figo/ Robinho.

FWD: Raul Gonzales/ Jose Antonio Reyes.
FWD: Ronaldo/ Javier Portillo.

NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL A SQUAD!

Luis Figo, Robinho and Joaquin will rotate because Figo can play on either flank. Michael Owen will be shipped back to England, most probably in a player trade deal involving Reyes.

We need to drastically reduce the average age of the squad, which is why I insisted on signing young and improving players.

*Sergio Ramos 19, Sevilla FC.
*Rio Antonio Mavuba 20, FC Girondins de Bordeaux.
*Robinho 20, Santos FC.
*Jose Antonio Reyes 21, Arsenal FC.
*Joaquin 22, Real Betis Balompié.
*Del Horno 23, Athletic Club Bilbao.
*Juanito 24, Real Betis Balompié.

The average age of those crop of players is 21.2 years old, with five out of the seven players being Spanish nationals.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bronx_bull said:
and u dont talk anything abt my country as yet.................i wont say anything against portugal just to counter you but u just learn to be polite in ur arguments and u dare not insult me or my country.............it will really ruin the spirit of XT.
nobody insulted you as far as i can see, so what's the point of this one?

·
Registered
558 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:

Luis Figo, Robinho and Joaquin will rotate because Figo can play on either flank. Michael Owen will be shipped back to England, most probably in a player trade deal involving Reyes.

We need to drastically reduce the average age of the squad, which is why I insisted on signing young and improving players.

*Robinho 20, Santos FC.

The average age of those crop of players is 21.2 years old, with five out of the seven players being Spanish nationals.
i like this a lot, although i've yet to see Mavuba play, i've heard nothing but great things about this player. What I also like is that many of them are future Spanish internationals, imagine the NATIONAL team in the future.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts

FWD: Ronaldo/ Javier Portillo
Man Perez didn't even sign one single Spanish player and you want him to sign 5 at once?

·
Registered
520 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
Secondly... Jose Antonio Reyes is an extremely talented, young Spanish international that would be a welcome addition to our team. You claim to be a fan of the Spanish NT, and don't like Reyes? He's a great player for Spain, and would surely be the best player for *India* national team, too.
Since when is it a crime to not be in favor of a player who is on the National Team?? Ask Brasilian fans how they feel about Ronaldo right now.....

India don't need footballers, they need a new sports program first. That'll only happen once corruption in the govt. is out with, and by the time that happens, both you and I will be dead. We supply the world's best doctors and engineers, get it right :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
lili said:
nobody insulted you as far as i can see, so what's the point of this one?
When was the last time you heard of the Indian national team's exploits? It was a mild jab....kinda funny too.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
The reason we are set to finish our second consecutive season without a single major honour is very clear; we simply do not have the strength in depth to compete at the highest level in the Uefa Champions League or to sustain a realistic title challenge over a 38-game season. We will never win major titles unless we eradicate this persistent problem.

Financial reports leaked from the club indicate we have funding in excess of €150 million in place to strengthen the squad this summer, but we need to use the money wisely instead of blowing half of it on an ageing "galactico" like Francesco Totti or Patrick Vieira. Real Madrid must pin-point their weaknesses and tackle the roots of the problems that have crippled us for the past 18 months.

We have to be realistic, not more than one of our current stars will leave this summer...if any at all. Luis Figo and Zinedine Zidane ooze too much class to be sold, so I think most fans would agree that Beckham should be the one that has to leave- despite his unlimited marketing potential.

A world-class team like Real Madrid must have quality cover in all areas of the field, and a coach who is willing to encourage competition within the side and won't be afraid to drop any underperfoming "galactico". If Zidane or Figo are inconsistent, they must hit the bench. If Ronaldo or Raul go on a barren run of a dozen games without any goals, then they must also see some time on the bench.

In my opinion, we need to bring in 6 or 7 new players of real quality to sufficiently improve the squad and become competitive again next season. I realise that competition for places will be fierce and that some of the players might be unhappy with their limited first-team action, but the wider good of the team can not be overlooked.

If it was up to me, I would re-construct the side to ensure quality cover in every position (new signings are highlighted in bold).

*Robinho 20, Santos FC.

Ever thought about the wages these guys will ask for ? Remember your asking for Beckshit and Owen to be sold so that means all the sponsorship money coming in from England goes dead almost not to mention all the shirt sales that these two blokes generate in Asia and beyond. Come to terms with reality, nobody wants a Zizou or Figo shirt anymore, neither Ronaldo but he still manages to do the odd advert and so. And yet you think RM can afford to distribute wage packets of most probably more than a 100 million euros a season ? Get realistic amigo it aint gonna happen.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
husain_14 said:
Ever thought about the wages these guys will ask for ? Remember your asking for Beckshit and Owen to be sold so that means all the sponsorship money coming in from England goes dead almost not to mention all the shirt sales that these two blokes generate in Asia and beyond. Come to terms with reality, nobody wants a Zizou or Figo shirt anymore, neither Ronaldo but he still manages to do the odd advert and so. And yet you think RM can afford to distribute wage packets of most probably more than a 100 million euros a season ? Get realistic amigo it aint gonna happen.
Wages shouldn't be too much of a problem. Sergio Ramos, Mavuba, Juanito and Del Horno would not ask for a terrible amount of money. Joaquin, Reyes and Robinho will net heavy wages but that won't be a problem because Owen and Beckham's huge pay cheques will be off our books. Claiming that Madrid would have a problem with paying those wages is laughable, do you have any idea how much money we have generated in the last 18 months? Nobody wants a Zizou or Figo shirt anymore? Come on! Their performances on the pitch might have dipped slightly, but their market value is still very much stable.

1 - 20 of 397 Posts