Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kevin, you were correct in this rumour. Today it is all over Britain! It's said that Hakan Sukur could sign for the Villa for £5 million pounds! A bargin in my eyes! But only if Carbone does not agree to the terms laid out on the negoation table at the moment.
There is only one draw back to this, and that is that Sukur does not travel well. He has a previous spell at Torino where he got homesick and returned to Turkey!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
i wouldent mind if he made this move
hakan sukur is great and would be perfect with luc nilis.
i have actually not heard about this rumour but o know villa is a rich club and they are ready to invest and sign the players they want.
is it true ugu ehiuglo is set to leave?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
And it's a nice rumour i think. If you can sign him for 'only' £5 million Villa should definitely go for it! He didn't succeed in Italy but that's only because it's a whole different style of league. And the boy has to grow up and don't be homesick again ;) That's already 4-5 years ago he played in Torino and he will not move away when he isn't sure about it i think..

And you should get rid of Carbone ! Ok, he might be good but the contract he wants is crazy. It looks like Gregory thinks also about that because he has made a last offer to him. Carbone has hinted that he would be ready to lower his sights but whether Villa's offer - which will not be significantly different from that already rejected by Carbone - is enough to lure him remains to be seen. Villa are expecting a conclusion by the end of the month.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with you too Kevin, Sukur is so much more what Villa need than Beni, especially as Beni is being so greedy! Sukur will score double maybe treble the goals that Beni would, we already have a playmaker in Paul Merson!

Nick, it seems that without a doubt Ugo Ehiough is off, it would be impossible for him to stay after what he has said!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
And what about Nilis ! Isn't he bought to be used as second striker ?
He would be great with Sukur i think but also with Dublin. Is Dublin going to stay ?

AS i've heard from a Nilis interview this week he is going to play in the first eleven next year because Gregory really wanted him. He was very positive about Villa. He said that they were very ambitious and that they had a great accommodation and he is really happy to be a part of the team next year. He is hoping for great successes the upcoming years and believes in Villa's chances to become a great team soon, and that's way he didn't hesitate much to sign for them.

I'm really wondering how he is going to perform in England.

Hmm, Nilis - Sukur - Dublin as strikers doesn't sound bad.
But it's not sure yet ofcourse...

[This message has been edited by Kevin (edited 07-06-2000).]

D

·
0 Posts
What about Joachim?, or he has been sold already and I haven't heard about it yet?

With Nilis and Sukur coming, Joachim can go, they don't need a hundred chances before they will score unlike JJ.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Sukur is on his way !
He admitted that he would love to play in the Premier League. Sukur has indicated that he is ready to move into English football after Turkey's Euro 2000 campaign.

He said : "I want to further my career playing abroad and England would be my first choice. The Premiership is the most exciting football in the world and I believe that it would suit my style."

Teams like Bayern and Roma are also interested say the newspapers.

I think you have a good chance to buy him now. Why would Roma want him when they have Batistuta - Montella - Delvecchio. And Bayern have also too many strikers so he can't play there.. And he said he would love to play in England so you have a very big chance to buy him !

I'm really jealous now you know ;)

And keep Joachim, he is a good sub.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Amazing news ! But first : make sure you sit down cause otherwise you can hurt yourself by falling backwards ;)

Aston Villa are set to launch a bid to land Turkey’s star striker Hakan Sukur for nothing. The Galatasaray front man has indicated that he wants to mo ve into the Premiership after Euro 2000.

Villa boss John Gregory had been actively been considering a £5 million (€7.5m) bid before discovering that the player is available on a Bosman free.

The 29 year old said: "I want to further my career by playing abroad and England would be my first choice.

"The Premiership is the most exciting league in the world and it would suit my style."

Oh boy, this is too good to be true !! Unbelievable when this is correct but is it ? Why has Gregory just find out and not earlier ? Really weird ...

Now i really have to leave because i have an urgent phone call to do : informing Strachan about this :) :)

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shhhhhh Kevin keep it quiet before Arsenal or Man Scum take him away from us!!! :)

I'd love to see Sukur and Nilis play up front for the Villa! So much better than Dublin and Beni or JJ!

I think we should keep Dublin as a sub...definitely get rid of JJ, he is the biggest waste of space!!!

But then again I shouldn't count my chickens too soon! Maybe Sukur will spurn us for another club! :(

Thanks for the info Kevin, and luckily I was sitting down! :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Dublin - Nilis would also be good i think. I really like Dublin. He is a very good player and would be perfect with Nilis. I was really furious when Villa bought him !! But now i'm over it :)

If you can sign Sukur it would be very dangerous. But as you said, we have to wait for more news. I'm wondering if Villa can sign him..

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
inter are also set to sign him.......

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not a big fan of Dublin...I think he is lazy!

And why were you unhappy with Nilis coming to my great club?? :)

I'll be shocked if Villa sign Sukur, 'specially with the current exodus at Villa! :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
hello all Villa funs.
I am from Turkey and I am a Galatasaray fun. I think Hakan will leave the club next season. lots of big teams are interested with him such as Milan,inter, roma, bayern münchen, arsenal, aston villa... (his agent starts negotiaitions with inter,thats what ý heard from tv this night). But he will not go for free. If he transfered to a local club like Fenerbahce, the fee will be 13mil US$ min. and if choose to go abroad ,the fee will be nearly 18,5 mil minimum, according to Fifa rules. So ýt is not that easy for your team to bargain him.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kinda new it would be too good to be true to sign another world class player!

Villa for relegation it seems!

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
I'm afraid he signed for Inter today, where he will sit on the bench soon. I'd buy Zamorano, if I was Villa. Nilis & Zamorano looks like an old, but very clever pair to me.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well Hakan is no spring chicken at the age of 29...so we ain't aiming for young talent! :)
Zamarano would be good in the EPL!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts