Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday, May 17, 2002
Suker extends 1860 Munich contract

MUNICH (Reuters) - Croatia's World Cup striker Davor Suker - who top-scored at the last World Cup - has extended his contract with TSV 1860 Munich by another year.
The 34-year-old, who was without a club when he joined the 'other' Munich side last year, agreed to remain there until June 2003.

Suker, who was the top scorer with six goals at the 1998 World Cup in France, where Croatia ended a surprising third, has been included in his country's squad for the Korea/Japan finals starting on May 31.

He had spells with Arsenal and West Ham prior to joining 1860 Munich. He also played for his home town club Osijek before moving to Dinamo Zagreb, Seville and Real Madrid.

soccernet

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
great, we might see a 38 year old suker at the next WC :)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can he still play 4 more years???

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
sorry carson, few people get my sarcasm. :) I was just saying how he never gives up, but time may have caught up to him..

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
ero...

1. i actually got it this time ;-)
2. not yet, he can play a year or two... then he is done... he will be out best player, I tell ya

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Good for Davor I always thought he had a year or two left.

Maybe he can add some nice goals to his careers highlight reel.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
who outside of us Cro's is talking about SUKER AND BOKSIC ? no one! this is beautiful! i cant believe the other dont see that this hopefully will be the first time Boksic and Suker play together in a big tournament! im getting so exited! :) :eek: :D :D :D :D :cool: :cool: they will show the world that they could have been the best striker tandem of the 90's! daj boze da budu zdravi to zavrsetka svijetskog prvenstva cuz i figure we will be playing all 7 games!:) :)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Yeah.....And let´s hope we have a midfield that can deliver nice balls for our attackers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts