Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...

Is anyone here a fan of this series? both Suikodens are two of the best RPGs (and games) i ever played.

I am wondering if anyone has finished the second part and was able to get all 108 charectors or not. I didn't, so i stopped and i need to start all over again. I have been waiting to find out some things before i start over again, and now the wait has extended over a year! :eek:

Anyone to help?

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi Lestat..

Well I've played both (Actually, you know this.. but you made me play 1.. and I played two).. Ya.. both are excellent.. they lack FF's graphics and effect abilities.. but that is well over taken by the wonderful story line and charactars...

:) :cool:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris,

Both on PS, with Suikoden 3 on PS2 later this year (planned).

The story is based on an ancient chinese story, its a very interesting tale.

Yes, you have access up to 108 charectors. Some are major charectors which play a big part of the story, others are used in battle and have extra features which add a little to the game (example, some help you in mini-games, one to listen to all the music in the game..etc). They usually add more options to battles as different charectors have different skills.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys,

A great site for anyone interested to know more about Suikoden, simply click here

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As you might have noticed (or perhaps you haven't!), my avatar contains some charectors from Suikoden 1 & 2.

Just wanted to thank Utopia for making this avatar for me :happy: :star:

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I played Suikoden 1 and it was a good RPG. Must try and get Suikoden 2 somehow. Is it better than the first one?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rochemback said:
I played Suikoden 1 and it was a good RPG. Must try and get Suikoden 2 somehow. Is it better than the first one?
The very least, it was just as good. in my book it was better :) a must play at any rate.

Suikoden 3 should be out for PS2 this summer! :happy:

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi Lestat, Rochemback :)

Well I'd just like to say.. you won't regret playing Suikoden 2 a single minute :) I loved it.. Actually, Suikoden 1 was my first ever RPG (Lestat was the one who gave it to me in the first place :) and enterred me into the RPG world.. Something I think my wife will never forgive him for :tongue: :D ).. So Suikoden has a special place in my heart..

Anyway.. I'm actually looking to replay both of them!! :) but I have to find them first :)

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Ok.. I think Lestat got the buzz back into me.. I found Suikoden 1 with a friend of mine.. and I borrowed it in a second.. I'm already 10 hours through in the game...

and it's great :D.. I love the story line and everything.. I hope Suikoden 3 will be of the same level.. although graphics could improve!!.. but when it comes to the story line or music.. it's excellent :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok, i just wanted to say I liked both Suikoden 1 and 2 but they were way too easy. I mean, when I play an rpg I want it to take forever. I beat suikoden 1 in like a few days. I really hope Suikoden 3 gives us a challenge

1 - 12 of 12 Posts