Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things to make the league better:

expand to 16 teams

having more teams makes the competition closer. a league with fewer teams has a chance to have a more unbalanced league. 16 teams would create a simple scheduele that what they have now. there would be 30 games total, 15 home and 15 away. it would also increase the money from sports betting.

have 2 teams relegated

this would create a more stable economical situation for clubs since only 12.5% of teams would be relegated

expand foreigner limit to 6 players

in the current system there is a minimum of 72 Israelis in the starting lineup in the whole league. expanding to 16 teams and adding one more foreigner would have a minimum of 80 Israelis in the starting lineup in the whole league. At the same time that one more foreigner will help Israeli clubs particpating in Europe by contributing in something that other Israelis can't do.

limit to 4 divisions

this will make teams merge to create larger fan bases and larger financial resources.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Actually I read that the league system is very likely to be changed in the 2006/07 season. The planned structure includes 14 teams in the top two leagues with upper and lower playoffs instead of the third round to decide the Championship/UEFA Cup spots and relegation. This means that if it happens there will be only one relegated team in 2005/06 with 3 promoted sides. I think it'll be a good move, 12 teams isn't enough as you say.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
More teams is alwaysq good! BUt the problem is that if you have too many teams than it would be hard to cope and it would be a longer season.

With more foreign players. That is bad too. Alot of the foreign players occupy positions which the U21 and potential youngsters can have and they ruin chances to be big and perform at a great level!!

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
IMO is much better to increase the number of teams on the league and I agree to 16 teams. But the main question is to the number of foreigners which I think it should not increase, but many of them give a lot of quality. We could get Maccabi Haifa as an example, if they didn´t have foreign players like Rosso, Bokoli, Collauti would they be so good, despite having good Israeli players that are on the NT like Kattan, Davidovic, Tal? On the other hand how much does this benefits Israeli players and NT? Not much I believe because we would depend a lot on the foreigners and when the NT requires the players we wouldn´t have the same quality. For instance Maccabi Haifa had a great chance to qualify for the Champions League, but failed and eveyone says they should represent Israel in the competition, ok. But Maccabi Tel Aviv qualifyed with the majority of the squad Israeli which gives much more pride. From the probable line up for today against Bayern only Addo is foreigner. For now we do not match up against the best, but the experience those kids will have is very important and certainly in a short time many of the will be in the NT, like Liran and Tamir Cohen, Dego etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts