Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna ask for Atletico Madrid Forum.

as you know know it is commonly said that atletico madrid is one of the giants besides barca and real madrid in the history of spanish football.
and as i know there are sounds demanding for the forum.
we can expect that it would be popular after introduction.
and it would be funny that we real madrid supporters and barce fans talk to them altogther that should spark excitement!

i'm looking forward to hearing good news from you. :smileani:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Sure, it would be nice to have one, but it has to be active. Why don't you try and start an 'official' thread in the Spanish forum and see how many posts it gets. If it is succesful, I'm sure there will be a forum. :)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Tolga said:
There actually was an Atletico forum before, but it was barely alive..

It was getting 2-3 posts per day :eek:
That is loads compared to some forums. :eek:

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Would be great to see an Atletico forum.:) They're traditionally the 3rd club in Spain and it'll manage to get more fans than Deportivo and Valencia IMO.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in my opinion, if the spanish football qroup appears to expand, the new forum added must be atletico madrid forum.
if any, at the beginning of the forum, it is almost impossible for that to be popular and active.
so at first, its popularity basically depends on the posts from other fans.
though i'm madridista against altetico, i would like to make the qroup popular.
i think others would have the same thinking as me.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
As someone who used to be active in Atletico forum in its best days (year 2000) I can share my thoughts here :)

It was very much run by Kevin and adriaan - the 1 first Atletico fans I got to know btw! Day by day, Kevin became more and more passionate about Atletico (even surpassing Adriaan who used to live in Madrid for years :eek: ) and he managed to set up a very good Atletico site.

As he devoted more and more time for that site, with the help of a few other people (all active in XT too back then) the site kept on developing and they managed to create their own forum :)

At the same time, Kevin has become extremely busy too in real life, and he's had almost no time to juggle two forums. And it goes without saying that he had to prioritize his own site.

With Kevin being absent from XT, and Adriaan too (those who've been here long enough know the reason for Adriaan's absence ;)), XT's Atletico forum died a slow death that in the end it had to be closed.

A few of the Atletico fans still post in XT though, e.g. LIT, -Husky-, brs, and Adriaan recently returned to XT too :) Currently what we have is an Atletico thread only, but you never know, if Kevin has more time again, the support for Atletico forum may be good enough to justify creating a forum.

An idea I've had is to create an affiliation with Kevin's site btw, it's just that this idea has not been realized because Kevin is almost never around :(

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I think it will be difficult to get Atlético fans, if they don't have a forum here. I mean, if the first time I came here, I would not had seen a Barça forum, I would have left the forum. It's a vicious circle, if you don't have forum, you can't have fans. if you don't have fans, you don't have forum. I don't know which is the begining and which is the end.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Tolga said:
There's two Atletico fans who have posted in that thread..
|-Husky-| (100 odd posts in a few months)
brs (80 posts in 4 years)

Another Atletico fan I know is Daniel32, but he rarely visits the board these days, and loves Inter Milan more..
There's also adriaan and Kevin... Kevin hasn't been around for over a year..

So all up... Husky + adriaan, and brs/Daniel32/Kevin barely add up to 1/2 an average poster..
Nedved! said:

A few of the Atletico fans still post in XT though, e.g. LIT, -Husky-, brs, and Adriaan recently returned to XT too :) Currently what we have is an Atletico thread only, but you never know, if Kevin has more time again, the support for Atletico forum may be good enough to justify creating a forum.
Oh yes, I ain't alive :rolleyes: :eek:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
For those Atletico Madrid fans who support more than one team, they won't leave straight away with no Atletico forum, they'll post in the other teams [they support] forums and in the Atletico thread, which will eventually upgraded to a forum with the more fans.

If there is an Atletico forum, I will post Cosmin Contra updates there. :)

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Oh someone is touchy! ;)

Michel, you gotta admit that you weren't really there in Atletico Forum's early days - you turned into an Atleti fan a bit later remember? :)

Seriously though, I consider you more as Lazio fan who likes Atleti and posts in Kevin's forum quite regularly, hence not mentioning the name.

P.S. Mich, solved that money prob with Micke? (And have you noticed that you're FM of Movies forum btw? :tongue: )

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
erm not really Neddie...been a fan since 95-96 or something..can't remember correctly when I bought my first jersey. btw, we won 3-0...4th place now!! :cool: :star:
But you considere correctly, I also consider myself more a Laziale than a Rojiblanco though. But if Lazio would play Atléti ..... :mute: :confused: Ah well, this thread isn't about me...I just felt...forgotten :eek:

offtopic: I send the cheque last week, after it got bounced back for using old cheques which I wasn't informed about :rolleyes:

And of course I noticed I am movieforum manager (I'm not blind you know ;))...even before I had accepted it :eek:

Ontopic: I also think a seperate Atlétiforum would not be succesfull. We hardly see any responsed in the Spanish forumthread. Same as for Deporforum for instance. And if it wasn't for our good ol' chap Carson35, I hardly saw any prospect in it at all.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Don't want to go into a discussion of what's a fan and what's not :tongue: :), so, suffice it to say, your interest in Atletico has grown considerably in the years I've known you and what I remember was simply that initially, it was "a soft spot" - which evidently has grown stronger and stronger :) Anyway, that does not really matter...

I still believe that the key is Kevin. But indeed, there are not that many Atletico fans out there for them to be actively posting in 2 forums, really. And Kevin is always busy :cry:

Now, good, Mr. FM, should I start a (belated) welcome thread to the FM forum? ;)
As for the cheque...as long as in the end it reaches Micke safe it's all for the good. Sorry for the trouble.

Lastly. Yes, Depor forum is in serious need of some injection of activity, people!

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Nedved! said:
Don't want to go into a discussion of what's a fan and what's not :tongue: :), so, suffice it to say, your interest in Atletico has grown considerably in the years I've known you and what I remember was simply that initially, it was "a soft spot" - which evidently has grown stronger and stronger :) Anyway, that does not really matter...

I still believe that the key is Kevin. But indeed, there are not that many Atletico fans out there for them to be actively posting in 2 forums, really. And Kevin is always busy :cry:

Now, good, Mr. FM, should I start a (belated) welcome thread to the FM forum? ;)
As for the cheque...as long as in the end it reaches Micke safe it's all for the good. Sorry for the trouble.

Lastly. Yes, Depor forum is in serious need of some injection of activity, people!
Try putting some invitations on Soccerage MBs or something. If you like, I'll do a couple. :)

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
To be honest, i can´t see Kevin come back here...

He is pretty busy and evern rare at the zone-forum...

IMO the thread is just great for Carson to post a few news in.

I´m here only for the PArma forum, btw...

The (one and only) German forum moved, the Atléti, too, so Parma is my home here!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I want to agree to my german friend LIT ...

Kevin and I stay in very close contact to eachother and after he passed his exams in november he was searching for work.

He found work and so he is very busy at the moment.

I don't see Kevin coming back to this forum, because he worked hard on a new Zone Page AND his forum is very popular and very sucessful.

I came by his forum to this one, because of LIT, and Micheal (I did not forget you)

But I think it is interesting to make news about the team like carson does BUT a seperate forum won't be sucessful, because the zone Board is to sucessfull.

But still it is good idea to make sth. together, I will ask Kevin next time I speak to him about this idea.

Husky

PS: Aupa Atléti !!!

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Are we fighting for Kevin's attention here? ;) :tongue:

I didn't know that Kevin has found a job, Husky! If so that's great. Last I heard (and it was er, in mid-October) was that he was still looking for one. I thought he already passed his exams way way before November and already had his graduation etc :confused:

When XT was down etc, he expressed his wish to return once he's found a job and settles down with it. But knowing Kevin, the moment he finds a job he'll be such a workaholic ;) - piling up all those money for just more and more trips to Madrid!

He hasn't replied to my mail and sms - Husky, can you tell me the secret of making sure that Kevin stays in touch with you? :D

I'm still thinking to have an affiliation with Kevin's AtleticoZone - even if we'll never have Atletico forum anymore, only something good can come out of such affiliation :)

{Yes, I've turned this into a Kevin-discussion :eek:}

P.S. If you dont forget Michel you may want to show that by spelling his name correctly.... j/k ;)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Kevin is a very good friend of mine, he visits me in germany for a week in august and afterwards i went to belgium one week !!!

He is a great guy and I will tell him he should answer your email ;)

BUT I don't think you have Kevins mobilphone number, because he lost his mobilephone nearly every week ;)

So I will tell you the result of our conversation soon ;)

Husky

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Husky, if I didn't know better I'd think you were a female :D

Anyway, now that you've become Kevin's secretary.... ;)

Do you mean he lost his mobile (number) AGAIN? :eek: The number that you sent me? Now it's a different number? Can you email me the most recent number please :)

And you've convinced me that you're a better friend of Kevin's than I am... I only met him once :cry: :depress: :frownani:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts