Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tottenham are on the trail of 21-year-old Belgium striker Emile Mpenza, but Schalke 04 have reportedly slapped a £6.5m price-tag on his head.

·
Registered
429 Posts
6.5 seems like a reasonable pricetag. I was confused when teamtalk babbeled about 2 million. Hell, you wouldn't even get Tony Cottee for 2. :)

Emile is a great prospect but not for that price. Scoring a couple in the crappy Bundesliga is not convincing. His younger brother Mbo would be a better buy since he would be alot cheaper.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Emile is a huge talent, who just gets better adn better every season, soon top Italian and Spanish teams will want his signature. At the moment French strikers are more in demand, but soon everyone will see the amazing talent Mpenza has. His brother Mbo is definitely not better, one of the reasons why is that Emile is always in teh starting line-up fro Belgium, while Mbo isn't always guaranteed a selection place.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I saw them both play in Standard, so I know wut talents they are. I never said Mbo is better than Emile, I just said that he would be a better buy since he is cheaper.
I'm against signing expensive foregein prospects, who even might not adjust to the EPL.

But I rather see Emile coming to WHL than signing noone.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recently read that Newcastle is on the brink of signing Mpenza for around 8-mil-pounds. :(

Good news is that Sol Campbell is most likely staying with Spurs this coming season.

The Evening Standard's housing section claims that Campbell has contacted estate agents Prickett, Ellis and Underhill with a view to purchasing a new home in Highgate, North London. :)

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
emile will never become a top class striker. he is lacking the style to be one and 6.5 is a crazy price for him.

he just runs and runs like a headless chicken but doesnt create.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts