Xtratime Community banner
15641 - 15660 of 15661 Posts

·
Registered
17,954 Posts
Yeah, Ianis didn't start for 2 game which was worrying. Good thatbhe scored

Our young players are performing often. Not very regular yet, but most of them having an impact every other game (Cicaldau, Morutan, Mihaila, Ianis, Marin, Dragus).

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,948 Posts
Shame he retired from the NT last year, even though Nita has been great for us too. In this form, I could imagine him helping us at least just for the playoffs (if we make it), but of course he won’t come back. Probably not so necessary with Nita but still… he’s been good, and that penalty save wow, for such a talk keeper to get down like that…

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,948 Posts
I don't think he'd have done better than Nita, specially not playing often. Nita for the NT had been incredible. But if something happen to Florin, we'd be in trouble cause we only have young keepers
Yeah Nita was amazing especially that first game against Germany, no doubts. He’s been huge for us, but lately at club level I see some less amazing results but not all down to him of course

I just like seeing Tata on a great run of form at such a high level. And I think it helped his confidence too because now he claims high claims much better than we remember, that was his weakness, I think he could help us but it’s not clear enough over Nita to ask him to come back… we’ll be ok in that department for a little while I think… we have future there too, just the others not ready yet, as you said

Which is why it’s so important Radu finally moves in the winter or summer latest, to reboot his career.. even somewhere like Galatasaray would be great if he can be guaranteed starter

Reactions: The Rumaniac

·
Registered
17,954 Posts
~25 minutes for Dragus, 30 minutes for Dragusin (RB), Ianis on the bench in van bronckhorst's first game (half time right now, Rangers 1:3 down),Galatasaray 1:1 at half time, Morutan assisted the goal, Cicaldau also starter
Very nice assist by Morutan. Cicaldau had 2 goals denied by the keeper. Saldy Galata lost a crazy game in the end

Strange about Ianis. Not a good start under Van Bronckhorst. I fear Gerrard leaving won't be good for him

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
To be honest I can see why many of our players abroad are not trusted that much and I fear that Ianis career at best will be slightly better than Maxim's. While our players often can offer something special (Ianis and Maxim being good examples) they are not consistent enough in the rest of the game.

Ianis is one of the top scorers in the scottish league, always has 2-3!! situations per game where he creates big chances. You'd think he should be starter everytime with such an outstanding ability...but the other side of the coin is that he constantly tries to do all on his own like he s THE main protagonist in some anime or Messi himself. And then we see crosses or shots going absolutely nowhere. Taking responsibility in a game is a good thing, but he still has a long way to go. Last NT game is a perfect example for what I just desribed.
As long as we fail in simple things, we gonna have problems scoring. But these things can change in the future so let's wait and see how Ianis and others turn out. I don't think Ianis will "make it" but I'd be happy to be completely wrong.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,948 Posts

·
Registered
17,954 Posts
Ianis has started in 18 games. Scored 3 goals and gave 4 assists.
The only downside is that he has been replaced 14 times, that's something to improve. It's clear he is more constant and a key player for his team

As with CIc, even when they don't play at a top league they are in big teams that show their level in Europe

15641 - 15660 of 15661 Posts