Xtratime Community banner

15321 - 15340 of 15502 Posts

·
Registered
9,422 Posts
I'm not saying they have to start because they invested a lot of money in them, but if I'd be the coach of a team which is in a very complicated situation and their form and results getting worse and worse....and none of my offensive players having produced much this season...I think I'd give more minutes to the new guys who might (you won't find out if you leave them on the bench) do it better than their competition....but hey, let's wait until minute 80 with 3 shots on goal and being 1:0 down against Napoli to bring another striker....Cornelius has like 1 goal in 15 games, I'm sure he'll score another one this season...he's also definitely better suited for an away game against Napoli for countering instead of snail Mihaila and Man

·
Registered
9,422 Posts
Yeah, you are right. Tucudean was being useful and had to retire. Andone, 2 serious injuries in a row. And now Alibec. Striker is our weakest position, no solution for the future either. In any other spot we look well, even producing DM's and CM's now, but there it doesn't look good. Many players that are strikers on youth level don't have the physique to perform there on senior level (Coman for example)

And now this...
I think Man and Mihaila could do the job in offense....our different type of strikers are sadly injured or/and not good enough but I think we have some potential there (could be better, but could be worse too...)

·
Registered
9,422 Posts
Man and Dobre came on in minute 80 for their respective teams.
Parma scored once in their last 6 games....I hope Man AND Mihaila get their fair chances...more concerned about the latter one, now that an even more expensive Romanian arrived. 😄

·
Registered
17,362 Posts
Yeah. Parma looks horrible, their attack doesn't produce, amd after scoring Mihaila was only given 10 minutes....
Gervinho looks like a retired player and yet he gets 90 minutes

Man just arrived, he should get more chances, but this team won't make it easy

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,729 Posts
Cornelius actually has 0 goals in 16 games, 1 assist

Mihaila was our for months and got few chances since coming and still scored more than him lol...

People say he has to beef up, sure. But he’s also very fast and technical, he can help them in this mess when guys like Gervinho literally dribble straight into opponents and don’t look to pass when a clear option is available. Cornelius is a donkey, Kucka missed an easy pass to Man and instead gave it away...

It’s frustrating this coach doesn’t trust Mihaila. And I get Man just got there but 10 mins given that terrible situation in this game? Might as well give him 20-30 mins dude.. and Mihaila deserves to start imo. It’s ridiculous

Reactions: NoName

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,729 Posts
Let’s hope they start to play against Bologna and Parma stays up.. maybe in Serie B they could grow too and come back immediately after one season, or be loaned to Serie A club, but I don’t know... I don’t want to imagine that scenario

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,729 Posts
Reactions: The Rumaniac

·
Registered
70,341 Posts
Marín gave an assist, it seems he played well
He did. And all what he didn't play at Ajax he's playing it at Cagliari.

Parma coach is being unfair with Mihaila. He scored against Lazio, and no [real] chances since then. Cornelius is a centre forward. Even if he doesn't score, I don't think he's the real problem for Mihaila and Man.
Does someone know how Mitrita is doing in Arabia?

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,729 Posts
I spoke to a couple Parma fans who think Man and Mihaila don’t have the physique for Serie A

I agree they have to grow but surely Man at least can still help the team a bit in this situation? I’m worried on one sense but on another I want to believe he has the ability at least..

They both seem like serious young players I just hope they’re also going to go grow physically and tactically over the next months...

·
Registered
9,422 Posts
Would be weird to spend over 21 M for 2 players if they are not "made/suited" for italian football (and I still dont get a small club spending this much and then rarely using them because your other out of form strikers deserve a start)...I think it's bullshit...there are many examples, look at Shaarawy,very similar physique but he had some really good seasons at the start of his career...how can Insigne perform for years in Seria A?! I'm sure most defenders have phys. advantages against him...but in football physique is not everything, skill, mentality, creativity etc can outweigh disadvantages...I really don't see a problem here...and IF your physique is the main problem, it's one of the easier things to solve in a few months...whereas if you are slow or have bad ball control it will take much longer than building up some muscle.

It's funny how the "experts" know that Mihaila and Man are too skinny for Seria A...whereas Gervinho, that huge bull, had pretty good seasons for them although he is old and atleast as skinny as our guys....this is just a very silly and simple minded analysis....I can't take it seriously.

I'm not saying Cornelius is THE problem....just that he showed nothing to deserve starting over them and it's time for others to get a chance...it's not like the current highly successful Parma system needs Cornelius to keep on scoring goals like they did in the past weeks.

·
Registered
17,362 Posts
I agree the physique can't be the problem. Plenty of Serie A players are not outstanding there.

Marin and Ajax have an answer here. As Gica says, Marin is being his best version after he had time to play an adapt. It can't happen otherwise. I guess that's the problem with fighting for relegation, but as you guys say their other offensive players are not doing anything

·
Registered
70,341 Posts
Parma coach:

"Eu am dorit jucători deja pregătiți să intre, nu este o întâmplare locul din clasament. Serie A este un campionat dificil, e clar că am nevoie de jucători gata să fie pe teren, așa mă înțelesesem cu conducerea.

Eu am spus pe cine vreau, dar nu întotdeauna sunt ascultate doleanțele antrenorului. Am un singur atacant, pe Cornelius, de aceea nu reușim să înscriem goluri"

If he's unhappy with the club directors, it can be dangerous. He maybe shows his disagreement by simply not playing the players they brought to him.

·
General Iordanescu
29,933 Posts
Parma coach:

"Eu am dorit jucători deja pregătiți să intre, nu este o întâmplare locul din clasament. Serie A este un campionat dificil, e clar că am nevoie de jucători gata să fie pe teren, așa mă înțelesesem cu conducerea.

Eu am spus pe cine vreau, dar nu întotdeauna sunt ascultate doleanțele antrenorului. Am un singur atacant, pe Cornelius, de aceea nu reușim să înscriem goluri"

If he's unhappy with the club directors, it can be dangerous. He maybe shows his disagreement by simply not playing the players they brought to him.
Yeah, it can be dangerous. But a coach's job is to do the best with what he has or convince the board to transfer the players he wants.

I can't imagine Parma has a lot more money for transfers now

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,729 Posts
Would be weird to spend over 21 M for 2 players if they are not "made/suited" for italian football (and I still dont get a small club spending this much and then rarely using them because your other out of form strikers deserve a start)...I think it's bullshit...there are many examples, look at Shaarawy,very similar physique but he had some really good seasons at the start of his career...how can Insigne perform for years in Seria A?! I'm sure most defenders have phys. advantages against him...but in football physique is not everything, skill, mentality, creativity etc can outweigh disadvantages...I really don't see a problem here...and IF your physique is the main problem, it's one of the easier things to solve in a few months...whereas if you are slow or have bad ball control it will take much longer than building up some muscle.

It's funny how the "experts" know that Mihaila and Man are too skinny for Seria A...whereas Gervinho, that huge bull, had pretty good seasons for them although he is old and atleast as skinny as our guys....this is just a very silly and simple minded analysis....I can't take it seriously.

I'm not saying Cornelius is THE problem....just that he showed nothing to deserve starting over them and it's time for others to get a chance...it's not like the current highly successful Parma system needs Cornelius to keep on scoring goals like they did in the past weeks.
Thank you for your answer my friend

I felt similarly that it couldn’t be so as we’ve seen players of similar build succeed, but you formulated it way better than I could and I got worried hearing this a couple times

I was thinking to tell them, like Di Maria was good in arguably even more physical leagues, Pastore was too, El Shaarawy a great example I forgot about even if he fizzled out later for different reasons

Let’s hope they put on a bit more muscle anyway in time but should still be playing for a club in this mess.. Mihaila already proved it’s possible to do well like that, if given the chances. They’re also both very fast

Reactions: NoName
15321 - 15340 of 15502 Posts