Xtratime Community banner

14741 - 14760 of 14771 Posts

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,950 Posts
True.

I actually read on the Ajax reddit a lot of these Ajax fans were happy with how he played, aside from the unnecessary yellow card. Apparently he showed real drive and didn’t make any errors. So I’m confused about his sofascore rating.. anyhow, that’s good if so. If he gets a start soon it will be crucial to him breaking back in the team or at least putting a good show for any scouts if he goes on loan/gets sold in January. But I really hope he makes it Ajax

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,950 Posts
Btw, Micovschi scores Avellino’s only goal in their away win vs Viterbese. He has four goals this season as a young winger in a side that’s struggling in the league. It’s hard to say without watching more than just a couple of his clips, but I think this loan is very beneficial for him and hopefully next season he either gets a chance at Genoa off the bench or loaned to Serie B or lower A at least, instead of C.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,950 Posts
GSP's Romanian Football Gala 2019

Coach of the year
: Razvan Lucescu, who won the Greek league undefeated with PAOK and the Asian CL with Al Hilal.

Chairman/president of the year: Marian Copilu

Referee of the year: Ovidiu Haţegan

Goalkeeper of the year: Ionuţ Andrei Radu

Defender of the year: Cristian Manea

Midfielder of the year: Ciprian Deac

Forward of the year: George Puşcaş

Footballer with the most spectacular ascension: Denis Ciobotariu

Young player of the year: Valentin Mihăilă

Foreigner of the year: Billel Omrani

Football performance of the year: Romania U21 and Mirel Rădoi

Best scorer: Claudiu Keşeru

Best futsal player: Felipe Oliveira

Best women's football player: Teodora Meluţă

Award of excellence in refereeing: George Ionescu

Award for excellence for 'the whole activity' (?): Ioan Andone

Award for excellence for 'the whole activity' (?): Ion Vlădoiu

Special prize for sporting career: Marian Drăgulescu

@GICA when will you post the threads for our own voting?

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,950 Posts
And Foreigner of the Year same time as Player of the Year, I’m guessing?

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,950 Posts
Oh yes, I remember that strangeness because of some players leaving :D

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,950 Posts
Maxim, Bundesliga bottomfeeders Mainz’s #10, came on in the 92nd minute where they surprisingly beat Frankfurt.

Surely thanks to Maxim. Truly a successful Romanian making the headlines

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Maxim, Bundesliga bottomfeeders Mainz’s #10, came on in the 92nd minute where they surprisingly beat Frankfurt.

Surely thanks to Maxim. Truly a successful Romanian making the headlines
To be fair many romanian players wouldn't even make the bench at a Bundesliga club for years. Atleast in this sense he has consistency. How many rom players had 1 season in France and returned to Liga I like a limping dog.

Being player nr 13/14 in the squad is not the worst (to look at it from a positive side, but yeah way too little playing time). But yeah, the way his career went it's definitely depressing (especially because his first few months at Stuttgart were out of this world). I think the best would be if he finds a club in a decent league where he is trusted week in week out.

In my opinion there are not many players who are as decisive as him, he always delivers in terms of scorer numbers, no matter how much he plays. He just needs freedom in an offensive position with little defensive duties. I'm imagining a club like Alkmaar, Twente....Dutch league could work for him (just one example).
He definitely shouldn't stay at clubs where he has more or less no chances whatsoever to become a starter (Stuttgart, Mainz).

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
It's time that he leaves for a lower level. It's long overdue. He hasn't made it at Bundesliga but he could do well in other leagues
Yep he stayed for 1-2 seasons too long there...

Sounds weird but Maxim should've made it in Bundesliga after his start and his scorer numbers and his qualities....but I guess everything he as a player offers combined just doesn't cut it for coaches due to certain reasons....because all coaches I think agree that he is a good footballer, has a good technique, good creativity, dangerous in front of goal, great attitude and team spirt...but sometimes your downsides weigh a lot more than your upsides I guess...

I wouldn't mind a loan in the winter to a club like Paderborn...

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,950 Posts
Yeah, I’d like to understand what exactly happened that changed him. How does one of our players make a jump like that to Bundesliga and actually be successful for 1-2 seasons, scoring some nice goals against big teams, beautiful skills and scoop assist that were on Bundesliga’s YouTube channel, etc.. it doesn’t make sense. Did something really crush his confidence and change his attitude? Does he really just train poorly and not do enough defensive work for most coaches? I don’t get it

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
If he would train poorly he wouldn't even make the bench. Many coaches pointed out that he has an excellent attitude, so that's not the problem. He also isn't lazy when it comes to defensive work. I think the best explanation might be that his type of player (also his physique) is just not suited for the modern game in the eyes of many coaches....wouldn't be surprised if a player like him would've done much better in the 70s 80s and 90s.

It still doesn't explain why he played exceptionally well in his first few months in Bundesliga...doesn't that mean that he just needed more chances to continue playing like that. Didn't that show that it CAN work with special players like him even in modern football?! I don't know about the last few years but I can definitely say that he didn't deserve losing his place at (chaos club) Stuttgart after few months and some incredible performances, that made no sense to me.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,950 Posts
Benzar starter in SPAL's thrashing of Lecce in the Coppa.
Oh goodie, so we’ll probably never see him in a Lecce shirt again :howler: well that’s not fair, maybe the goals came from the middle or other flank

What happened with Farcas at SPAL, didn’t he make Serie A bench a couple times but now doesn’t make bench for a cup game? He’s still young though..

Dragomir and Marginean both benched the entire game as Perugia beat Sassuolo 2-1 in the cup.

Dragusin played 90 mins and scored for Juventus U19s in their 2-2 away draw vs Genoa U19s.

Boloca came on in the 46th minute for Bologna U19s in their 4-0 loss to Inter U19s.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,950 Posts
14741 - 14760 of 14771 Posts