Xtratime Community banner

14721 - 14740 of 14771 Posts

·
Registered
9,077 Posts
He's having a good season....still doesnt change that he is limited and one dimensional, proper defenders can deal with him (he is very slow) and we've seen it dozens of times in the past few years in the NT. We have plenty of better strikers than him now and in the past years (numbers are not everything).

He averages 20-30 goals per season since 2009 outside of 2013.
Yeah I wouldn't even have to check this to know that this can't be true...if it would be true, he wouldn't play for Razgrad right now....

9/10: 24/4 (games/goals) (Ligue 2)
10/11: 40/12 (Ligue 2)
11/12: 36/8 (Ligue 2)
12/13: 34/18 (Ligue 2)
13/14: 37/10 (Ligue 1 + Liga I)
14/15: 38/28 (Liga I + Arab League)
15/16: 28/15 (Bulgaria)
16/17: 45/30 (Bulgaria)
17/18: 42/28 (Bulgaria)
18/19: 49/24 (Bulgaria)
19/20: 22/14 (Bulgaria)

Do you even check the claims you make? In 10 full seasons he managed to get over 20 goals 4 times, not 9 times...and there are some things which helped him scoring this many goals: playing for Razgrad who completely dominate their league (the discrepancy in quality between Razgrad and Bulgarian teams is much bigger than between FCSB and Liga I teams), reaching the group stage most times with Razgrad which adds ~10 more games through qualifying and group stage, making it easier to go over 20 goals per season.
He played in a good age for strikers Liga I for THE top team and managed a 37/10....Andrei Cristea for example deserved more chances than him in the NT while he was good.

I would take Puscas, Andone and Alibec any day over him....and I'm pretty sure they could produce the same numbers at Razgrad (maybe not Alibec because he is not a poacher). It's very hard to imagine for me that Keserü would do anything in Championship and PL right now....no way he scores as "many" goals for Brighton as Andone did in his few playing time.

You shouldn't criticize me for not being positive, considering the way you talk about many of our players.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
He's having a good season....still doesnt change that he is limited and one dimensional, proper defenders can deal with him (he is very slow) and we've seen it dozens of times in the past few years in the NT. We have plenty of better strikers than him now and in the past years (numbers are not everything).

Yeah I wouldn't even have to check this to know that this can't be true...if it would be true, he wouldn't play for Razgrad right now....

9/10: 24/4 (games/goals) (Ligue 2)
10/11: 40/12 (Ligue 2)
11/12: 36/8 (Ligue 2)
12/13: 34/18 (Ligue 2)
13/14: 37/10 (Ligue 1 + Liga I)
14/15: 38/28 (Liga I + Arab League)
15/16: 28/15 (Bulgaria)
16/17: 45/30 (Bulgaria)
17/18: 42/28 (Bulgaria)
18/19: 49/24 (Bulgaria)
19/20: 22/14 (Bulgaria)

Do you even check the claims you make? In 10 full seasons he managed to get over 20 goals 4 times, not 9 times...and there are some things which helped him scoring this many goals: playing for Razgrad who completely dominate their league (the discrepancy in quality between Razgrad and Bulgarian teams is much bigger than between FCSB and Liga I teams), reaching the group stage most times with Razgrad which adds ~10 more games through qualifying and group stage, making it easier to go over 20 goals per season.
He played in a good age for strikers Liga I for THE top team and managed a 37/10....Andrei Cristea for example deserved more chances than him in the NT while he was good.

I would take Puscas, Andone and Alibec any day over him....and I'm pretty sure they could produce the same numbers at Razgrad (maybe not Alibec because he is not a poacher). It's very hard to imagine for me that Keserü would do anything in Championship and PL right now....no way he scores as "many" goals for Brighton as Andone did in his few playing time.

You shouldn't criticize me for not being positive, considering the way you talk about many of our players.
Those are league goals, he also scored cup goals, European goals..etc.. I wouldn't say Andone and Puscas would score 100+ at Ludo when they've not had a single 15 goal season their entire career outside of Andone at Cordoba one season.

Bulgarian league is still on par or better than Liga 1. Just saying, Keseru basically scores more goals than Andone, Puscas and Alibec combined on an annual basis. Take it for what it's worth, he gets results.

·
Registered
9,077 Posts
Those weren't league goals only but all goals in all competition combined....how is it possible to have 42, 49, 45...league games in one season?
Isn't it better to compare 23 year old Puscas (or other players) to 23 year old Keserü and his achievements at that point?!

I think Liga I was better most times in the past 20 years, don't know about the present but I can't imagine there's much difference in quality anymore.

I don't want to downplay Keserü's achievements, he scored a lot of goals and did a good job, no doubt. I just think he is not what we need in the NT especially because we have better prospects who need all the playing time they can get in the NT. We like to talk about rebuilding the NT, Keserü is 33 in a few days....age shouldn't matter in most cases (regarding the NT) but the quality between him and Andone/Puscas is just not big enough to continue with him as our main striker.

He has like maybe one more good season in him in a sub par league like Bulgaria's, imo it's time to move on sooner than later. If he is among the top 4/5 strikers form wise in March Radoi can decide if he wants and needs him. I can totally understand now and the near future when he is in the NT. I'm just not a big fan of what he adds to the NT despite his good numbers.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
I agree about promoting new players. Just saying he is our best player statistically. He just sent a 30 yard diagonal to Lukoki for a breakaway, missed on the tap in.. Keseru looks real good so far. Grigore steady.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Another one that must retire from the NT soon.
I don't know what he's thinking when he rushes at attackers. He plays football like a College player. Just runs at them. He was made silly a few times running into DM/CM territory. He isn't a very intelligent player. He doesn't have the pace or strength to make up for it anymore.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
Marginean scored his fifth goal of the season in Primavera 1 for Sassuolo against Roma today, from a penalty. It finished Roma U19s 4-3 Sassuolo U19s, with Marginean playing 90 minutes.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
Puscas scores a hat trick for Reading in their 3-1 away win over Wigan!!

What’s incredible is he apparently started the game poorly and fans were slagging him off again, and then he scored 3 goals in five minutes right at the end one was a nasty turn where he nutmegged the defender and slotted it away diagonally. One was a penalty.

Anyway it’s the fastest hat trick in Reading history and also the first Reading hattrick in the league since 2015.

Imagine if he wasn’t taken off so early in the second half in other games, maybe he would have done the same

So happy for him, he just has to keep scoring goals now, not 3 every game but at least one every two games I hope. That was a long dry spell

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
Dragus will be in the squad vs Cercle Brugge tomorrow after scoring two goals for their U21s this past week.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
Genk losing 2-1 at home to St Truiden after 65 mins. Ianis assisted their only goal so far (scored by Samata).

Radu’s Genoa lost 1-0 to a ten man Torino, with a mediocre rating of 6.7 on sofascore.

Mogos came in the last 20 mins for Cremonese.

Benzar on the bench yet again for Lecce

·
Registered
69,552 Posts

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
his issue is that he lacks that finishing touch on a regular basis. Apparently he was a ghost the first 80 mins. Hopefully his play improves now.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
So Ianis played a full 90 mins and got an assist on the only goal. Things hopefully continuing to improve for him there under the new coach and he gets to play the last CL game for them.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
Marin played only 8 minutes against Twente as Ajax won 5-2. He had a 5.9 rating by sofascore, which I think is a little harsh considering the time he had but hey.. he had 6 touches, 100% pass completion, but also lost 4 ground fuels and got dribbled past twice. Not great news for him, I wanna keep saying I hope he gets more minutes or a start in the next weeks but I have a feeling he gets sold in January or just wasted for even longer until he’s sold in the summer... I really hope it’s not that latter :(

What a sad situation

·
Registered
16,073 Posts
These are young players. Their situation can change fast. See the ups and downs of Puscas or Ianis. If Marin gets loaned to a good team it won't be a big deal either. It's hard to improve playing 10 minutes every other game tough

14721 - 14740 of 14771 Posts