Xtratime Community banner

14681 - 14700 of 14771 Posts

·
Registered
16,073 Posts
It was excessive from Ten Haag to not use him for such a long time. specially when his last game had been good. I´m glad he took advantage of his minutes

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
Ten Hag is truly a douchebag for yet again avoiding to use Marin after his last performance being (again) great. I don't know this overrated imbecile can insist on subbing Alvarez instead of him, when even Ajax fans all over Twitter have been saying lately they prefer Marin in terms of his overall quality as a midfielder and fitness. Such a shame he can't get even CL minutes at all with this coach. What does he have to do when every little chance he gets he does very well? Especially considering how much his alternative Alvarez has been used and is generally poor. I'm furious for him

As for Ianis, I don't understand how he went from being starter and getting a lot more mins even in CL to this. He had a minor injury two weeks ago, he should be playing

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
OK, the two red cards didn't help the situation much, they really fell apart in the second half.. but still, only two subs for both Genk and Ajax, Hagi and Marin playing ZERO mins. It's not like they've been playing in the minutes they got lately, so I don't understand. Why is it these coaches abroad don't trust our players, even the ones with good mentality and some obvious talent? I thought they had finally adjusted and were showing it.

It's a disaster, and something needs to change soon for them in their club situations. Champions League is a precious experience. Marin I'm especially concerned with his chances to come back even though he showed good things recently, Ten Hag seems really moronic and stubborn in his selections. Maybe if he gets another good game soon.. idk. ****.

·
Registered
69,552 Posts
I don't blame Ten Hag tonight. He faced 2 reds and did what he thought it was best to somehow rebuild his team. It's a pity because with 1-4 I thought Marin would finally play some minutes in CL.
It's hard to accept he was left out from U21 Euros for the CL and now he's not getting a single chance. I hope he plays well in his next game, that's all he can do for the moment.

Stanciu did ok in Camp Nou. I think this Slavia team (intelligent and clever coach btw) is improving Stanciu tactically and in discipline on the field. After Mitrita he was our best player against Norway IMO, doing a big effort and running as I never saw in him.

·
Registered
16,073 Posts
Stanciu is clearly the one taking the most advantage of this CL. All tough games and he was up to the challenge, and as you say becoming more a midfielder than a CAM

Ianis and Marin, both strange cases. Genk is crap, hard to understand how can Ianis not play

Marín, let's hope he can at least play mor ein the largue. As you say a pity we missed him in the Euro for this

·
General Iordanescu
28,174 Posts
Yeah, Stanciu has improved a lot... he did OK in Camp Nou, the yellow was something he had to get given the LB was caught out of position. And he successfully stopped a dangerous Messi attack by doing so.

He's also more and more becoming a player for the 4-3-3 rather than 4-2-3-1, yeah, but he has already shown he can play both as (L)CM and CAM.

Marin at Ajax seems a doomed experiment.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
Alex Baluta scored the only goal for Liberec in their 4-1 loss to Plzen yesterday. His fourth goal of the season, and he has 5 assists. Do you guys think he can make a comeback soon?

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
He was also sent off. But yeah, he is doing really well. It's great news. If he plays on the right he definately has space in the NT
Yeah I’d take him over Deac at least if he keeps it up. Hanca and Man are big considerations too of course.

Mitrita, Lung Jr, Tudor Baluta, Alex Baluta, Boboc, L. Filip, Stoian all Craiova natives (first 3 currently in the NT).

Bancu, Stefan, Paun, Vatajelu, Gaman also Oltenian. Same for Dumitrescu, Screciu, Borta, Nitu, and Vladoiu in the youths.

Cicaldau and Ivan as Craiova players, and Mihaila is on the come up.

Return of the Craiova Maxima soon? :D

Interesting “Craiova/Oltenia” XI (including simply Romanian Craiova players where needed):
————-Lung Jr
Boboc-Gaman-Dudea-Bancu/Stefan
———Baluta-Cicaldau
A. Baluta—-Mitrita—-Mihaila
—————Ivan

I know it’s off topic but I find it interesting. With Bucharest or Cluj/Transylvania it would be crazy though

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
Coman got destroyed by an English commentator used to play for Man City and Everton during the Spain game.
He said Coman just isn't good enough because of his lack of defensive effort, Carvajal just ran past him.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Coman got destroyed by an English commentator used to play for Man City and Everton during the Spain game.
He said Coman just isn't good enough because of his lack of defensive effort, Carvajal just ran past him.

He's not lying. This is an issue across the board with Romanian players. We all wondered why Nicolita made it abroad.. know why? his engine. Cocis? His engine.. Surdu? His engine.. You need an engine to survive in the big leagues and Coman didn't run back and protect his back player. Romanian players seem to gain energy when it's time to run forward but aren't willing to chase their opponent to the goal-line.

·
Registered
16,073 Posts
I think he made an effort to defend. Tosca is too slow for such a game anyway

Of course abroad he'll have to improve a lot and possibly struggle at first. At Liga I there's not much need to go back and defend, the level being so low

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
Tosca is too slow for such a game anyway
I just read that Tosca is wanted by a La Liga team in the winter LOL

He might be doing alright in Turkey under Sumudica, but no way I could see him succeeding going back to La Liga.
He's an average second division player at best.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
So he’s the weakest link in a 3 man defence, and that’s where he’s most comfortable/performing. LOL

Then again Nedelcearu plays in such a system, I think it would be more beneficial to his development to play in 2 man defence and partnership with a more experience CB, such as Chiriches when he was still fit..

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
Tosca has been used wrong. Sumudica said "he is not a side-back; he plays in a line of 3, on the left"

Truth is, we don't have good LBs. Manea might be an ok RB if he starts playing again.
Yeah, it’s bad

All I can think of for our current and future LBs is:

Bancu
Vatajelu (like a weaker Bancu, still fairly good going forward)
Stefan (was missing from the Sepsi lineup last few games for some reason)
Velisar
Boboc (mainly a RB but versatile enough)
Andres Dumitrescu seems to have a promising progression too but it’s very early.

Of course a lot can change in a year or two and we might see new options appear.

If only Stefan Radu wasn’t such a little bastard, we’d have (when all fit):

Radu—Nedelcearu-Chiriches-Benzar/Manea
Which is a considerably more secure defense, not to mention Radu could offer a lot in the attack too. But I don’t want to open that pointless can of worms again anyway :p

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,944 Posts
Radu Chiriches Budescu Alibec, maybe Man or Hanca more often instead of Deac? And a decent manager. Yeah, I think we’d probably have qualified

14681 - 14700 of 14771 Posts