Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fock spector is out fr 6 months so da USA will need this dude to play for the US at the olympics...I hope he gets selected!! if not , it would be a travesty!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They need to call him in. I CANNOT understand why this guy isn't automatically one of the selections for the U-23 defense. He is extremely highly rated by everyone that has seen him play, with the apparent exemption of those in charge at U.S. Soccer:yuck:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This always confuses me when people bash US soccer for not calling a guy in. They tried calling in Rossi, as we've now learned. Both Arena and Bradley tried. I'm sure Bradley and Nowak have been in touch with Subotic and his representation. Subotic has said he was going to wait until this summer to make a decision. We'll hear soon. Probably when he is or is not named to the Olympic roster. I would be very surprised if he decided to play for Bosnia. I'm still confused on whether he's eligible for Serbia or not. We must remember that Neven moved to the US as a teenager and left for Germany as a teenager. This isn't a case like Freddy's where he moved here as a little kid. You wonder how "american" Neven feels.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep in mind Rossi had represented Italy at the U-16, U-17, U-18, and U-21 levels. It was always going to be hard to get him to represent the US.

Subotic represented the US at the youth levels. So his story is completely different. I honestly think if Subotic wanted to represent the US, he would have already. I think his head is telling him to play for the US, but his heart is elsewhere.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Probably, but Johnny, I've been meaning to say this, putting on my FM shoes. You have five posts in the space of 20 minutes. Can't they just be one?

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Gotta get that post count up :D

Taking off my daddy cap and putting on my Analrapist stocking :D

I hope someone gets that...

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Gotta get that post count up :D

Taking off my daddy cap and putting on my Analrapist stocking :D

I hope someone gets that...
"If I may, let me take off my assistant's skirt and put on my Barbra Streisand in 'The Prince of Tides' ass-masking therapist pantsuit." :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
good move, hes gonna develop well with dortmund, someone to watch in the us system for the future, unless of course he decides to play for serbia of bih

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
During the war you came to Germany and played football in the E-youth. After you emigrated to the USA however you didn't play organised football anymore and only started to do so again when you signed with Mainz. How do you judge your development?
I wasted a few years, didn't I? On the other hand you never know what would have happend if I played all my youth for one club. It even was an advantage for me that I didn't know the meaning of derbies last season. (Don't really get the meaning in the context of the question to be honest.) And it's obvious that America made me to the person I am today.

You have an American passport, do you feel American?
No, I am a bosnian Serb. I don't forget where I was born. It was nice that our game against TuS Koblenz was shown in Serbia. We had so many "Jugos" playing I guess they had to do it.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, some people might know that obviously you lived in Germany for eight years. So is that part of the reason you wanted to go back there and play? Or do you have a lot of connections there or anything like that? Or family?
“I don’t know. I just liked my life better when I was in Germany, so I wanted to go back where I felt happy. And I still get to see my friends, my childhood friends, which was pretty cool. So that’s also got to do with it, why I went to Germany, and why I went to South Germany, cause that’s pretty South. So, yeah, to be close to my old home.”

[...]

Now obviously you’re just beginning your professional career, but you’re also kind of doing double duty here with the U-20 men’s national team for the U.S. And you weren’t born here, as we’ve said. Born in Croatia, and lived in Germany for so long and you’re back there now. But is the U.S. the nation you definitely want to play for? That’s like the, I mean, you’ve lived in Germany more than you’ve lived in the U.S. You were on the U-17s and the U-20s now...
“Uh, yeah that’s true (laughs). But no, I mean. I’ve played. I’ve been with residency, so, I’m an American. I mean, and I’ve worn the crest. And that’s also a thing that, yeah, you have to respect if you wear it once you’re not going to wear another crest. That’d be kind of like backstabbing, I would say. So yeah, I mean. I guess I’m American till the end.”

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol so hell play for the US he better he was in te US system that helped him to develop a bit!!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You've played youth matches for the USA, but you might also be allowed to opt for Croatia, Bosnia and even Germany. What will be your choice?
Subotic: I am not thinking about this right now. The next step is to play my first season with Dortmund and then I have time until I am 21 to make a final decision.

cap that bitch now!!!! he better go to the olympics!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts