Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
subotic

“I’ve played through residency so I’m an American. And I’ve worn the crest, and thats also a thing you have to respect, yea, if you wear it once, you’re not gonna wear another crest. That’d be kinda like backstabbing I would say.”

lol mouth from that judas

figo....money grabber

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
who cares ....hes not an honest guy....he didnt want to play for serbia...he wante germany all along....hes an asshole

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol I have myself a new sig

·
Registered
638 Posts
who the hell would want to play for the US National Team and play shitty teams all the time........boooooring.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
He's a judas for playing for the country of his ancestors? Yeah okay...

·
Administrator
53,215 Posts
So which did he choose? Serbia? Good for him either way.

He isnt a Judas, just like Rossi wasnt, neither is several of the croats/serbs born and bred in countries like Australia, Germany and such, but chosen their country of origin. They have that right to choose. And thats that whatever the choice they make (For example, Zlatan, Viduka choosing their adopted countries, the french players etc).

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Exactly Osman though I think some guys appear to be almost mercanaries nowadays. Can't believe that Guerrero guy had a Polish passport fast tracked just so he could play for them at the Euros.

And don't even get me started on the Germans, half their NT aren't of German descent or born in Germany and if they had it their way they'd have their 2nd Serb playing for them right now.

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
I'm happy he chose Serbia, but I can certainly understand how an American fan would feel betrayed by this...

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Exactly Osman though I think some guys appear to be almost mercanaries nowadays. Can't believe that Guerrero guy had a Polish passport fast tracked just so he could play for them at the Euros.

And don't even get me started on the Germans, half their NT aren't of German descent or born in Germany and if they had it their way they'd have their 2nd Serb playing for them right now.
Half their squad isnt of german descent ? Of course it isnt. So what and in that case what is "of german descent" ? People travel, have always done, do it now and in the future will do it even more. So its their choice who they represent. The players from German NT squad have been raised in Germany and have gotten their football schooling also from Germany.

Those who have born outside of Germany, have moved to Germany when they were young. And there are 4 of those players( the real squad, not the u- squads). And im pretty sure all of them are happy to be playing for Germany. Those players feel for the country and they are honored to don the shirt of Germany. Not their fault if you have problems with that.

This kind of attitude pisses me off as if you are only of one nation when you can trace your ancestry back 100 years or even more. Otherwise you are some sort of foreigner. Nobody can do it. Everybody has some foreign ancestor. Deal with this shit.

Just Germany is a shit example to bring. The players come from the German school of football.

In some other cases, yes, the movement seems a bit off as in the case of Guerrero.

·
Registered
398 Posts
This is always a confusing topic.. what constitutes more as a nationality? Racial heritage or actual living/being born in the country.

To me, although racial heritage has an effect of who you are, actually living in the country is more important. I just find it stupid when people say they have massive pride in their country when they've never been there in their life. Who cares if both of your parents are Polish (for example), if you've never been there in your life.. how are you able to relate to Poland on an individual level.. this nationality selection isn't about your parents, its about the individual.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
How can you call Subotic a judas for picking Serbia? He was born in Banja Luka for one thing and his whole family is of Serbian descent. He would have been a judas to Serbia had he not picked to play for us.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Klose, Podolski, Kuryani, Borowski, Gomes...Marin...trying to take Subotic as well. I didn't mean literally half, have you not come across the technique of hyperbole, it's used to give effect to words. ;)

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
For example, Zlatan, Viduka choosing their adopted countries, the french players etc).
How can it be their adopted country when they're born there? :confused: That makes no sense. Australia is my adopted only because I wasn't born here but have still spent most of my life here.

·
Administrator
53,215 Posts
I know that, but meant immigrants or having parents that are immigrants, when I said that, not just those two specifically.

And Dule, you are correct on cases like the Brazilian in Poland, but BSing with teh germans :pp They are the other side of the choice I described, if they grown up or been born there, like I said with Zlatan and Viduka, then they have all the right in the world to choose to represent them. Like its the case with those germans who just of another ethnicity, nothing more at all.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Agree with what Osman said, one should have the right to choose,, country of origin, or where you are born or have grown up. Especially seeing as some do not even speak the language of their origin/parents.

These other cases I don't care to dwell on, unless it becomes a major issue in football.

·
JESTER OF SORTS
21,015 Posts
Klose, Podolski, Kuryani, Borowski, Gomes...Marin...trying to take Subotic as well. I didn't mean literally half, have you not come across the technique of hyperbole, it's used to give effect to words. ;)
-Kuranyi is not part of the NT.
-Gomez was born in Germany, his mother is German.
-Klose's father is from an Ethnic German family.
-Podolski is an Ethnic German, born in a city very much near Germany, a city with many famous German people being from there.
-Marko Marin has played 4 games total for the NT

So basically you have a point with Gomez, Klose and Marin, but then again, Marin isn't a featured NT player.

So 2 constant players in the NT are not German, even though their fathers are, and Klose even changed his name to be German.

Maybe if you can find a 4th player you can pick out, your witty hyperbole can now expand to "Almost every German NT player".

·
Administrator
53,215 Posts
He doesnt have a point with any of them. Dont know why you would say that. Being of another ethnicity then german doesnt matter when they are born or grown up there (Klose and Podolski themselves say they are ethnically polish, no need to hide it), period. Dule is prolly taking the piss, so relax.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts